What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Just saw new Times Magazine Europe with Modi on cover

1431158737_0034fe73_medium.jpeg

Harsimrat Kaur answering Rahul Baba's question about food park in amethi. Rahul Baba laid the foundation stone knowing very well that no land has been allotted for it.

Just saw new Times Magazine Europe with Modi on cover

1431158737_0034fe73_medium.jpeg
He has been busy giving interviews to magazines when not on foreign trips. Kuch kaam wagera nahi karta ye.

@SarthakGanguly
Remove this
It is #272.
I hope you do!

I do not understand rational of this request, or the reason of @SarthakGanguly deleting/editing his post.

This Akhielos and Syedali73 are known bigots,and beyond saving. It is because of these people, I have developed respect for people like Zaravan.Sarthak Ganguly's description of Akheilos as Taliban, whose children are going to blow themselves up for sake of their virgins is right on target.

I do not understand rational of this request, or the reason of @SarthakGanguly deleting/editing his post.

This Akhielos and Syedali73 are known bigots,and beyond saving. It is because of these people, I have developed respect for people like Zaravan.Sarthak Ganguly's description of Akheilos as Taliban, whose children are going to blow themselves up for sake of their virgins is right on target.
Not done!
Lets not forget that this is an internet forum and that we should refrain from making such personal comments. I agree that she and some of her friends get raucous on several occasions, but I would not suggest anyone to stoop to their level just to score a point.@SarthakGanguly

Ford Foundation looks at Rajan as saviour

Financial entities have been contacted by Ford Foundation to intercede with RBI Governor Rajan and Economic Advisor to Finance Ministry, Arvind Subramanian.

Ford Foundation looks at Rajan as saviour

From the report...

The Ford Foundation is lobbying to use US economic leverage over India to get the Narendra Modi government to roll back the action taken against the organisation, high-level sources in Washington and New York say.They claim that financial entities with considerable influence in India, such as Goldman Sachs (which is known to have privileged access to North Block) and Citibank (which enjoys similar privileges with the Reserve Bank of India) have been contacted by senior Foundation officials to intercede with, among others, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan and Economic Advisor to the Ministry of Finance, Arvind Subramanian, to "persuade the Modi government to drop the measures" enforced against the prestigious body, including the transfer of responsibility for clearing of foreign donations from the Ministry of Finance (which to date has yet to look askance at a request from the well-connected US funder) to the less sympathetic Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). This was done through bringing the Ford Foundation into the "Prior Reference Category" (PRC), which in fact has been the only substantive action that has been taken in the case of the Foundation. However, this limited action has been sufficient to lead to US Secretary of State John Kerry (who according to sources in Washington had a meeting with Ford Foundation president Darren Walker hours after the Indian decision was announced) instructing his spokesperson to issue a strongly-worded statement against the decision by the Government of India. Soon after the rebuke from the State Department, the head of another major US-based foundation was sent back from Delhi airport after being refused permission to enter this country, in a message that Team Modi would not buckle to pressure the way the Manmohan Singh government was frequently accused of doing

This is exactly what we voted Modi for :D

This is very telling in my opinion:

including the transfer of responsibility for clearing of foreign donations from the Ministry of Finance (which to date has yet to look askance at a request from the well-connected US funder) to the less sympathetic Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)

So apparently MoF was more sympathetic? :o:

Anyway, you need to be cautious of financial giants such as GS And Citi, they can do serious damage to the currency by speculation. Anyway, some interesting games going on if US has her panti*s in a bunch. :lol:

So apparently MoF was more sympathetic? :o:
Being a long-term resident of Delhi has its disadvantages :( They get habituated to a lot of BS.

Anyway, you need to be cautious of financial giants such as GS And Citi, they can do serious damage to the currency by speculation. Anyway, some interesting games going on if US has her panti*s in a bunch

They are going to try anyway, wiser not to, if they do not want us permanently ensconced in the Russian camp.

US is pretty rattled going by the statements of Richard Verma.

Being a long-term resident of Delhi has its disadvantages :( They get habituated to a lot of BS.

They are going to try anyway, wiser not to, if they do not want us permanently ensconced in the Russian camp.

US is pretty rattled going by the statements of Richard Verma.

I bet the latest series of actions caught them by surprise even Cong were afraid to do much though they openly disgruntled with FF funding IAC

Back
Top Bottom