What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Money laundering using cheques and then publish the transactions to website for everyone to see?

If anything this 'scam' only proves that AAP's model of listing all transaction in public domain is working as the shady donations are coming forth for everyone to see and investigate.

And just because AAP claims itself to be honest, that doesn't give a free ride for everyone else! Being honest is a prerequisite of an politician, it's sad that only AAP is taking the challenge head on.
Hehe, they did and it's of course only fair if the opponents points to wrong doings, but this case screams fake and created by the BJP from all sides and that only to out of the hurt feelings that AAP had this high moral grounds. At the end however, allegations are not enough to hit the moral ground. Where is the evidence, why no official investigations, why no complains...?

Of course not, but it makes them traceable and neither BJP nor Congress is ready to put their donors up in public and traceable right? In fact, the first black money cases even revealed names of BJP donors, that nobody would had known about, if these investigations wouldn't be done, since they are not published by the party.

That somebody has to investigate it and who is in government and could do it? So unless investigations were done and wrong doing proven, it simply doesn't matter what the BJP, you or me make out of our gut feeling.
Could you deny at this point, that an opponent party / their supporters are not behind these donations, to hit APP? So at this point, there is simply nothing than allegations of a questionable group and conveniently they came out right before the elections.
We all know that politics is not a clean business & no political parties are clean when it comes to political funding. No political parties other than AAP has set itself such a high standard when it comes to ethics, morality & integrity in this business of politics. So it's only viable that AAP answers specific questions raised by it's detractors. AAP can't hide by taking refuge by way of looking to balance it's misdemeanor with that of other parties, only makes it just another political party.

Merely publishing the donation in public domain doesn't mean that the money is attained by transparent means! AAP repeatedly claimed that any donation of 10000 rupees or over is not accepted without PAC, headed by Mr Clean himself! So all those donations of above 50 lacs each must have satisfied PAC & met the high standard of integrity preached by Kejriwal & his cronies. If that's the case.. they would have known the identity of these donors & source of their income. It would have been a basic requirement as per the guidelines set for PAC. Why is it so hard to reveal those details, instead of trivializing the matter?

Last edited:

o
As said above, the question on the companies background is one issue for the AAP, but only if official investigations on the company shows wrong doing, you can blame AAP. Till then, they only have to answer if the transaction itself was legal.

I see it the same, if they had actually taken on AAP with a proper candidate and a clear vision for Delhi, as well as attacked AAP on their weakpoints, they should stand much stronger at this point. But the inconsistent way of they went, has weakend them more than it helped them.

Hehe, they did and it's of course only fair if the opponents points to wrong doings, but this case screams fake and created by the BJP from all sides and that only to out of the hurt feelings that AAP had this high moral grounds. At the end however, allegations are not enough to hit the moral ground. Where is the evidence, why no official investigations, why no complains...?

Of course not, but it makes them traceable and neither BJP nor Congress is ready to put their donors up in public and traceable right? In fact, the first black money cases even revealed names of BJP donors, that nobody would had known about, if these investigations wouldn't be done, since they are not published by the party.

That somebody has to investigate it and who is in government and could do it? So unless investigations were done and wrong doing proven, it simply doesn't matter what the BJP, you or me make out of our gut feeling.
Could you deny at this point, that an opponent party / their supporters are not behind these donations, to hit APP? So at this point, there is simply nothing than allegations of a questionable group and conveniently they came out right before the elections.

There are 1000s of donations pouring in. I don' know if it is realistic to do a check on everyone. The only thing possible is that if a fraud has been proven (like now), post facto prosecution can be done. I donated 3 times and each time I got a phone call from their volunteers thanking me. I think that itself is a big deal. Checking beyond that is unrealistic. Arnab is barking like a dog again BTW. His 'strong interview' with modi he didn't have the balls to raise funding but suddenly he has become excited.

We all know that politics is not a clean business & no political parties are clean when it comes to political funding. No political parties other than AAP has set itself such a high standard when it comes to ethics, morality & integrity in this business of politics. So it's only viable that AAP answers specific questions raised by it's detractors. AAP can't hide by taking refuge by way of looking to balance it's misdemeanor with that of other parties, only makes it just another political party.

Merely publishing the donation in public domain doesn't mean that the money is attained by transparent means! AAP repeatedly claimed that any donation of 10000 rupees or over is not accepted without PAC, headed by Mr Clean himself! So all those donations of above 50 lacs each must have satisfied PAC & met the high standard of integrity preached by Kejriwal & his cronies. If that's the case.. they would have known the identity of these donors & source of their income. It would have been a basic requirement as per the guidelines set for PAC. Why is it so hard to reveal those details, instead of trivializing the matter?
What you are saying that it is a fault at due diligence by AAP. That's true enough, however it only came to light because AAP posts all transaction in public domain which is the right way to go, even if there is any shady donation it's for everyone to see and will be mitigated by full public investigation. If I had any doubt of AAP funding before, I don't have it now.

More like a Hung assembly(I will be glad to be proven wrong) AAP's campaign is very solid & on top of that Kiren Bedi turned out to be a huge Disappointment

Bhai its a media perception its either a BJP majority or hung essembly ... but I still think bjp will come out victorious easily... u cant beat bjp and RSS booth management ...

Bhai its a media perception its either a BJP majority or hung essembly ... but I still think bjp will come out victorious easily... u cant beat bjp and RSS booth management ...

I hope you are right. If Kejri wins , Delhi looses.

What you are saying that it is a fault at due diligence by AAP.
due diligence is when you follow the protocol prescribed by yourself! AAP failed to do that.. & goes to show that all these PAC & internal lokpal is nothing but a big smokescreen to hoodwink general public!
That's true enough, however it only came to light because AAP posts all transaction in public domain which is the right way to go, even if there is any shady donation it's for everyone to see and will be mitigated by full public investigation. If I had any doubt of AAP funding before, I don't have it now.
It din't came out 'cause AAP posted all transactions on their website! If that was the case.. it would have been out ten months ago when the transaction took place. It came out only 'cause of the insiders who were privy to these kind of shenanigans within AAP!

Last edited:
due diligence is when you follow the protocol prescribed by yourself! AAP failed to do that.. & goes to show that all these PAC & internal lokpal is nothing but a big smokescreen to hoodwink general public!

AAP as a political party needs to ensure that all donations are done through legal channel, which they did by accepting only cheque and putting the information on public domain for everyone to see. You can't expect AAP to also ensure doing background check of donors, that's the job of investigation agencies. AAP did it's part by making the transaction information public and not accepting donation by cash, now let the investigation agencies to their work and find out the money trail. There's no question of legality of these transactions, if you send me a cheque, I'd assume the Bank has verified your PAN, address and other detail before letting you open a bank account and clearing the cheque.

Can BJP claim the same that all his donations are via cheque and no cash is involved.

It din't came out 'cause AAP posted all transactions on their website! If that was the case.. it would have been out ten months ago when the transaction took place. It came out only 'cause of the insiders who were privy to these kind of shenanigans within AAP!

As per media report these so called "insiders" reported these transactions 8 months ago, however instead of doing proper investigation to find out who's behind these shady companies, these transactions were brought up anew just 5 days before the election. We can see who's doing the shenanigans and who's behind the facade of these 'insiders'.

That is right. She is unconventional. She could have been a great CM though. Much better than Kejri
Modi should have taken Kejri directly head on instead of roping in Bedi.

Meanwhile surveys show what you feared

Delhi Elections 2015: Hung assembly once again; AAP 35 seats, BJP 29, says survey - The Economic Times

Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) likely to emerge as the single largest party with 35 seats while BJP is projected to get 29 seats.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46099627.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

0302pg4a.jpg

0302pg4b.jpg

surveygfx1.jpg

I dont think one can deposit a cheque at midnight in India. In US I can scan a cheque using my banks app however even then it takes a day to clear the transaction.

It must be some automation in banks part which list the transactions to be cleared at midnight.
I am not sure about other banks but SBI has Cash and Cheque deposit machines where you can deposit cash and cheques anytime... Cash deposits reflects immediately though never tried Cheque deposits..

AAP as a political party needs to ensure that all donations are done through legal channel, which they did by accepting only cheque and putting the information on public domain for everyone to see. You can't expect AAP to also ensure doing background check of donors, that's the job of investigation agencies. AAP did it's part by making the transaction information public and not accepting donation by cash, now let the investigation agencies to their work and find out the money trail. There's no question of legality of these transactions, if you send me a cheque, I'd assume the Bank has verified your PAN, address and other detail before letting you open a bank account and clearing the cheque.
Cool.. if that's how the books are going to be maintained.. then don't give it large about having a PAC which will scrutinise every donation which is 10 lac rupees or over, with stringent checks & balances to go with it.
Can BJP claim the same that all his donations are via cheque and no cash is involved.
BJP don't claim to be holier than thou like AAP when it comes to the business of politics.

As per media report these so called "insiders" reported these transactions 8 months ago, however instead of doing proper investigation to find out who's behind these shady companies, these transactions were brought up anew just 5 days before the election. We can see who's doing the shenanigans and who's behind the facade of these 'insiders'.
well.. insiders were still inside then. It only came to light when they became outsiders!

0302pg4a.jpg

0302pg4b.jpg

surveygfx1.jpg

I am not sure about other banks but SBI has Cash and Cheque deposit machines where you can deposit cash and cheques anytime... Cash deposits reflects immediately though never tried Cheque deposits..

I can't understand this 37% Kiran Bedi figure. I mean if anything she's proved herself to be a moron.

BJP don't claim to be holier than thou like AAP when it comes to the business of politics.

So? Just because one doesn't claim to be honest, is he exempt of all scrutiny? It's like when Pakistanis say we are not answerable for minority rights because we don't claim to be secular.

Cool.. if that's how the books are going to be maintained.. then don't give it large about having a PAC which will scrutinise every donation which is 10 lac rupees or over, with stringent checks & balances to go with it.

Like I said before, it's a fault of due diligence at the part of AAP as well, they need to be more careful now on.

More like a Hung assembly(I will be glad to be proven wrong) AAP's campaign is very solid & on top of that Kiren Bedi turned out to be a huge Disappointment

Does it really matter ? Delhi is not really a 'state' in real sense most of the police force is controlled by centre also BJP already runs 3MCDs if am not mistaken .And even if AAP gets a majority it won't be able to make any serious dents outside Delhi . Good thing is it might also serve as a wake up call for BJP to rein in idiots making headlines for all the wrong reasons.
As a delhite you should be happy that you might get free water/wifi/electricity/cctvs etc etc :P

So? Just because one doesn't claim to be honest, is he exempt of all scrutiny? It's like when Pakistanis say we are not answerable for minority rights because we don't claim to be secular.

Nonsense. BJP has nothing to hide and all its accounts are open to scrutiny as per the LAWS in India. You have to prove otherwise if you want to do propaganda.

Like I said before, it's a fault of due diligence at the part of AAP as well, they need to be more careful now on.

That is like saying Dawood needs to be more careful while committing crime :lol: ............... where is your proof that the shell companies were not set up by AAP to convert their black money into White ? LOL at your "ASSumptions".

Money laundering using cheques and then publish the transactions to website for everyone to see?

If anything this 'scam' only proves that AAP's model of listing all transaction in public domain is working as the shady donations are coming forth for everyone to see and investigate.

And just because AAP claims itself to be honest, that doesn't give a free ride for everyone else! Being honest is a prerequisite of an politician, it's sad that only AAP is taking the challenge head on.

That is as dumb as saying ISI allowed Ajmal Kasab to get caught and have GPS and satellite phones that proved pakistani ISI involvement. From ISI to AAP, everybody makes a mistake and hopes they will not get caught.

This SCAM proves AAP has NO Moral Authority to claim anything. Not that was ever in doubt. Just another nail in its coffin that buries its moral policing rights.

This could very well be a shell company floated by AAP to launder money. It could very well be a shell company for Arvind Kejriwal. He is a former Income Tax officer who never got transferred out of Delhi in contrary to normal practice.

Any one can CLAIM to be anything, including being "honest". Sadly the FACTS do not match up to their CLAIMS. There is NO EVIDENCE AAP is taking corruption head on. Where is the MINUTES OF THE MEETING where Arvind Kejriwal and Yogendra Yadav cleard those payments ? :cheesy:

Why is AAP not transparent and providing us with those Minutes of the meeting ? Hypocrisy much ?

That is like saying Dawood needs to be more careful while committing crime :lol: ............... where is your proof that the shell companies were not set up by AAP to convert their black money into White ? LOL at your "ASSumptions".

I have no proof that these companies were not set up by Kejriwal and you have no proof that these companies were set up by Kejriwal, so we have to base our argument on the facts we have now, which is the legality of transaction.

Because there is a lack of proof as to who set up these companies, there should be investigation to find out the people behind these companies, which AAP asked to set up but BJP and centre seem to be strangely reluctant to carry on.

That is as dumb as saying ISI allowed Ajmal Kasab to get caught and have GPS and satellite phones that proved pakistani ISI involvement. From ISI to AAP, everybody makes a mistake and hopes they will not get caught.

That whatsoever makes no sense at all, may be I'm turning into an 'aapturd' but my intellectual level just fail to grasp the analogy.

Once again you don't launder money using cheque as it leaves behind a visible trace, no idotic ajmal kasab or isi analogy changes that.

This could very well be a shell company floated by AAP to launder money. It could very well be a shell company for Arvind Kejriwal. He is a former Income Tax officer who never got transferred out of Delhi in contrary to normal practice.

It could be a shell company floated by Modi and Amit Shah to discredit AAP, if we want to make wild accusation that is! We don't know and we need to investigate to find out. Why not center investigating the incident?

I have no proof that these companies were not set up by Kejriwal and you have no proof that these companies were set up by Kejriwal, so we have to base our argument on the facts we have now, which is the legality of transaction.

Because there is a lack of proof as to who set up these companies, there should be investigation to find out the people behind these companies, which AAP asked to set up but BJP and centre seem to be strangely reluctant to carry on.

AAP had a DUTY by LAW to check the balance sheet of the companies before accepting payment from them. :cheesy: ........... how convenient that you choose to over look this.

Eiher AAP has not done that as mandated by LAW or it has done it and has tried to brush it under the carpet. There is No third choice. Take your pick.

Either way it shows AAP guilty as per the law. Not to mention demonstrating lack of Moral fiber.

Their eagerness to accept Shady Money and brush it under the carpet is clear proof of being complicit in CRIME.

WHERE is the MINUTES of the MEETING that was held by the AAP's parliamentary affairs committee that cleared this 2 Crores ? Where is the TRANSPARENCY ? LOL at your selective blindness.

BJP has shown NO Reluctance to carry out investigation. The LAW will take its own course. No need for BJP to interfere. If you have PROOF of BJP interfering in any investigation into AAP then Talk.

That whatsoever makes no sense at all, may be I'm turning into an 'aapturd' but my intellectual level just fail to grasp the analogy.

Once again you don't launder money using cheque as it leaves behind a visible trace, no idotic ajmal kasab or isi analogy changes that.

LOL again. If ISI or LeT was involved in the Mumbai 9/11 they would not be using GPS, or satellite phones or other evidence that leaves behind a visible trace :lol: ............... at least that is what the pakistani claim. Your argument is very similar.

Because there is Evidence, they are NOT Guilty :cheesy: ........ AAPtard logic. (Since no on is "foolish" enough to leave evidence )

It could be a shell company floated by Modi and Amit Shah to discredit AAP, if we want to make wild accusation that is! We don't know and we need to investigate to find out. Why not center investigating the incident?

Why would BJP gift AAP 2 Crore ? :cheesy: .......... only AAPtard logic dictates such absurdity. Why so eager to pronounce AAP the "VICTIM" ? :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom