What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Actually these days its pretty easy to bypass KYC norms (Myself being a banker :) ). Thing is , as a shell company, most fraudsters do the "dodgy" transactions within the first few days and that too in small amounts (less than croes) to bypass Anti Money Laundering cells (Our bank has Indias' largest in Jaipur). Because, soon they are caught (fake KYC/ transactions, etc) and the accounts are either put on hold or closed.

In todays day and age, Banks cannot prevent a Current Account holder to wait for the background checks to be completed before they can use their accounts.

And for the banks, its impossible to do all the veryfying (that too in some cases) before actually opening the account.

That's true, however that doesn't change the fact the onus is on Bank, RBI and as well as AAP for not doing due diligence. No one launders money using cheque.

Some idiots were claiming that it;s Hawala because cheques were deposited in midnight. Which bank is open at midnight to accept cheques? It must be some bank automation system which clears cheque at midnight.

What do you make out of the timing of the transactions at the same time late at night?

Most systems do backup and non essential filters are put on hold uring night . Many banks have strict guidelines to check for "suspect" transaction in during business hours (logical as atleast one part of a transaction mostly is white, which requires it to be either a business related transaction or request for the cheque/ money order put during this period.)

Late night means can easily bypass radars of Bank officials for atleast 6-7 hours, until late on the next day, if at alkl something fishy is detected.

That's true, however that doesn't change the fact the onus is on Bank, RBI and as well as AAP for not doing due diligence. No one launders money using cheque.

Some idiots were claiming that it;s Hawala because cheques were deposited in midnight. Which bank is open at midnight to accept cheques? It must be some bank automation system which clears cheque at midnight.

Actually, if the company had valid legal papers (and was not availing a loan, which requires actual physical verification of company premises) and have only simple Current/ Overdraft facility, the Banks are not responsible if the essentials like PAN Card/ License/ Certificate of Incorporation are all fakes. Banks have tried and tested procedures to ensure that the originals are true copy, but modern technology and cunning frausters have often duped them.

It then becomes a criminal case and mostly CID's economic wing does the investigation.

What do you make out of the timing of the transactions at the same time late at night?
I dont think one can deposit a cheque at midnight in India. In US I can scan a cheque using my banks app however even then it takes a day to clear the transaction.

It must be some automation in banks part which list the transactions to be cleared at midnight.

I dont think one can deposit a cheque at midnight in India. In US I can scan a cheque using my banks app however even then it takes a day to clear the transaction.

It must be some automation in banks part which list the transactions to be cleared at midnight.

Same here in Germany, but wasn't sure how it works with Indian banks.

Does it look like a hung assembly again ? or clear majority for AAP ?

More like a Hung assembly(I will be glad to be proven wrong) AAP's campaign is very solid & on top of that Kiren Bedi turned out to be a huge Disappointment

More like a Hung assembly(I will be glad to be proven wrong) AAP's campaign is very solid & on top of that Kiren Bedi turned out to be a huge Disappointment

That is right. She is unconventional. She could have been a great CM though. Much better than Kejri
Modi should have taken Kejri directly head on instead of roping in Bedi.

Meanwhile surveys show what you feared

Delhi Elections 2015: Hung assembly once again; AAP 35 seats, BJP 29, says survey - The Economic Times

Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) likely to emerge as the single largest party with 35 seats while BJP is projected to get 29 seats.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46099627.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Its not about Kiran bedi its about booth level management by the Bjp

That is right. She is unconventional. She could have been a great CM though. Much better than Kejri
Modi should have taken Kejri directly head on instead of roping in Bedi.

Meanwhile surveys show what you feared

Delhi Elections 2015: Hung assembly once again; AAP 35 seats, BJP 29, says survey - The Economic Times

Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) likely to emerge as the single largest party with 35 seats while BJP is projected to get 29 seats.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46099627.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
its conducted on 27 jan i don't think it credible i still have faith in bjp ground level workers

Back
Top Bottom