What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Ok can anyone tell me why the hell does elections in the smallest state of india generates so much unnecessary noise heck delhi is not even a proper state with many of its administrative powers lies with centre. It should go back to becoming Union Teritory and save us this noise pollution.

@Darmashkian Yeh swaraj mag article se kuch ghanta bhi samajh me nahi aaya.
At the end of day.
1 sensible voters choose the least worst option.
2 mass mentality will choose the option that seems to be favoured by that particular mass.

The %of each and how they vote is not easy to predict.

And Path for their Masters(Gandhi family)Return to Its Throne.
The Gandhis are done IMHO. Sonia Gandhi is never going to run as PM and is dying (she keeps going to the US for some sort of treatment, very telling), Rahul Gandhi is a joke in Indian politics and Priyanka Gandhi doesn't seem to have any inclination to be the face of the Congress or major support base and her marriage to Robert Varma makes her toxic. Without a Gandhi as the face of Congress they are nothing so they either disband or change everything they are.

Modi_NCC_Small[1].jpg

Modi, the NCC cadet

LOL Feku was entertaining and impressing Obama and I thought our "rockstar" was on equal terms and stature....

10685425_10152787328619580_7468622052241556898_n.jpg

If the AAP get in it will be disastrous. These clowns are anarchists who will stall the development of India's capital and I really don't understand how the people of Delhi (most of whom are educated) don't see this party of hooligans for what they are. Mr Kejriwal walked out of the CM post once when he didn't get things his own way, this is the respect he showed to the people of Delhi. He spat in their faces and yet he is still a viable contender? What a joke.

The AAP are going to set back the NCR decades if they get into power, I'm deeply concerned.

A vibrant democracy needs choices and alternatives, be it to put pressure as the opposition to the ruling party, be it to give different point of views and priorities or simply to do the same things in a different manner. That alone makes the fact that the AAP is available as a choice important for India or Delhi.
Without looking into the specific policies and aims of AAP in Delhi, it's likely that they will do things differently than the BJP or Congress, which itself makes them attractive to voters that wants to see change in Indian politics.

The BJP have proven in the last 8 months they are all about devlopment and I don't see how a former IPS officer who cares a lot about social mobility, development, governance and safety would be anything but a logical choice for the people of Delhi.

Well, isn't that exactly the problem! Bedi has nothing to do with the BJP / NDA's performance of the last 8 months. She was rushed into the election now in a desperate move to win the election, but has no standing within the party. Who tells you that she will have any importance in decision making after the elections? What if the party takes over and leaves her just as the face, which is exactly what the Congress did with MMS in UPA 2 after winning the election only based on MMS's merits.
You / the voter must be aware of election tactics and actual party policies, because both are very different and what is said and done during elections is often not what we see afterwards.

Btw, she might have a clean and respectable track record as an individual and she surely deserves credit for that, but now she is not an individual anymore, but part of a party and therefor bound to party politics. That's why she is trying to back away from her past statements about Modi or the BJP and is praising the party like any other within the party has to do it of course. Her individual voice and opinion now is limited to an extend and as the face of the BJP elections (by the lack of credible own choices) she needs to attract voters, be it with her past merits, the simple fact that she is a woman or as we can see now, with the move by the government ministers and the PM to support her. This has nothing to do with local Delhi politics and what changes might come for Delhi itself, but is election tactics to gain more votes!

Back
Top Bottom