What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Did you read the link ? Dr. Swamy himself says he refused the seat, so where is the doubt ?

Yeah I read the link. Dr. Swamy said it was rather late when he was offered the ticket. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I re-read your post. I had misread it earlier. Sonia would have won from that constituency. So Swamy need not have felt ashamed even if he would have lost, but he does not like to go in unprepared.

Yes.. He was probably the ticket very late..

BTW some persons are required to take on CONgress Party as well. They need to be kept busy in Courts as well.

That is the job of the govt. Dr. Swamy was doing that job when BJP and his party was out of power. It is unfair asking him to do that job when BJP is in power. It's a monumental waste of his abilities.

I really do hope Modi finds a suitable role for him.

Yeah I read the link. Dr. Swamy said it was rather late when he was offered the ticket. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Yes, only I suspect he was given the ticket late on purpose. One to test his loyalty to Modi and second to provide an excuse for a senior leader like him to lose to Sonia Gandhi who he hates. Even with 8 months he cold not have defeated Sonia in Rai Bareilley.

That is the job of the govt. Dr. Swamy was doing that job when BJP and his party was out of power. It is unfair asking him to do that job when BJP is in power. It's a monumental waste of his abilities.

I really do hope Modi finds a suitable role for him.

How about Chief of New Planning Commission ( or, whatever it will be called )...?

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Travels Economy Class to Goa

manohar_parrikar_lucknow_650[1].jpg

NEW DELHI: Dumping the official executive jet that he is entitled to, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday flew economy class on a budget airline to his home state of Goa.

Mr Parrikar is entitled to use the Embraer executive jet, which is part of the VVIP squadron, maintained by the Indian Air Force.

Mr Parrikar, 58, resigned as the chief minister of Goa last week and was inducted into the Union cabinet on Sunday as the new defence minister.

Prior to his departure, Mr Parrikar was given a detailed briefing by the Indian Coast Guard that lasted for nearly two hours. Sources in the ministry said he raised a number of queries during the briefing.

"This visit is part private and part official. The minister will be visiting the Naval facilities in Goa, the Goa Shipyard and carry forward his meeting with Coast Guard there," a source said.

Meanwhile, the bureaucracy and the defence personnel in the ministry see him as a tough task master who has had several intense briefing sessions since Tuesday morning.

For two consecutive days, Mr Parrikar has taken a briefing at 8:30 am, an hour before official working time. Sources said the new minister has indicated that he would like to come early and work till beyond the official timings.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Travels Economy Class to Goa

View attachment 150949
NEW DELHI: Dumping the official executive jet that he is entitled to, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday flew economy class on a budget airline to his home state of Goa.

Mr Parrikar is entitled to use the Embraer executive jet, which is part of the VVIP squadron, maintained by the Indian Air Force.

Mr Parrikar, 58, resigned as the chief minister of Goa last week and was inducted into the Union cabinet on Sunday as the new defence minister.

Prior to his departure, Mr Parrikar was given a detailed briefing by the Indian Coast Guard that lasted for nearly two hours. Sources in the ministry said he raised a number of queries during the briefing.

"This visit is part private and part official. The minister will be visiting the Naval facilities in Goa, the Goa Shipyard and carry forward his meeting with Coast Guard there," a source said.

Meanwhile, the bureaucracy and the defence personnel in the ministry see him as a tough task master who has had several intense briefing sessions since Tuesday morning.

For two consecutive days, Mr Parrikar has taken a briefing at 8:30 am, an hour before official working time. Sources said the new minister has indicated that he would like to come early and work till beyond the official timings.

This will come as a big blow to IAF, IA and IN chiefs and other senior officers who fly around in their own "private" aircraft's and helicopters likes its their personal property. :D

I think Parrikar has the No BS attitude that will cut through the MASSIVE BS that the IAF and IA throw at him. I am going to bet that most Chiefs will hate him :P

This will come as a big blow to IAF, IA and IN chiefs and other senior officers who fly around in their own "private" aircraft's and helicopters likes its their personal property. :D

I prefer the IA,IN,and IAF chiefs to travel in private Aircrafts for safety reasons alone

Back
Top Bottom