What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Modi for PM, Arvind for CM slogan backfires on AAP website : North, News - India Today

In what could be considered a major political faux pa, the Aam Aadmi Party on Friday put a banner on its website with an unambiguous message: 'Delhi Speaks: Modi for PM, Arvind for CM'.

The party later removed the image from the homepage of its website, but hundreds of messages on Twitter and Facebook ridiculing the party for its clear endorsement of India's Prime Minister showed that the damage was done. :omghaha:
"AAP shamelessly using Namo's picture on its website as a crutch to sell itself. Sad really," said a tweet. "Aaj 'Hail Modi' & before Gen Elections it was 'Jail Modi'", said another.

aap_1_650_110714062049.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

"I'm willing to bet almost anything that #AAP will claim its website was hacked," a third tweet said. There was no reaction from the party on Twitter, where chief Arvind Kejriwal is pretty active.

The AAP even had a statement on the site, which was also removed along with the image. The statement said, "The voters in Delhi have decided. They want a strong Prime Minister which is why they elected Narendra Modi. They now want a strong Chief Minister so that issues like corruption, inflation, better schools, transport and hospitals could be resolved. They want Arvind Kejriwal again."

Modi for PM, Arvind for CM slogan backfires on AAP website : North, News - India Today

It looks like AK has joined BJP !!!
Classic case of two extremes. Before general elections AAP was spitting venom against Modi whenever & wherever they could. End result was a big hard slap (at times literally) by the voters. Being convinced of the fact that speaking against Modi could prove costly...AAP is now trying the other extreme, by praising Modi! Kejri & AAP is one confused bunch of jokers!

In what could be considered a major political faux pa, the Aam Aadmi Party on Friday put a banner on its website with an unambiguous message: 'Delhi Speaks: Modi for PM, Arvind for CM'.

The party later removed the image from the homepage of its website, but hundreds of messages on Twitter and Facebook ridiculing the party for its clear endorsement of India's Prime Minister showed that the damage was done. :omghaha:
"AAP shamelessly using Namo's picture on its website as a crutch to sell itself. Sad really," said a tweet. "Aaj 'Hail Modi' & before Gen Elections it was 'Jail Modi'", said another.

aap_1_650_110714062049.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

"I'm willing to bet almost anything that #AAP will claim its website was hacked," a third tweet said. There was no reaction from the party on Twitter, where chief Arvind Kejriwal is pretty active.

The AAP even had a statement on the site, which was also removed along with the image. The statement said, "The voters in Delhi have decided. They want a strong Prime Minister which is why they elected Narendra Modi. They now want a strong Chief Minister so that issues like corruption, inflation, better schools, transport and hospitals could be resolved. They want Arvind Kejriwal again."

It looks like AK has joined BJP !!!

The U Turns continue

AAP Blames 'Modi for PM, Arvind for CM' Poster on 'Mischief by Outsider'

NEW DELHI: A poster saying "Delhi Speaks - Modi for PM, Arvind for CM" made a brief but much talked about appearance on the website of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party on Friday. The party claims it was "mischief" by an outsider.

"It looks like some mischief; someone intruded our website, we are investigating the matter," said AAP leader Ashutosh.

The poster, with images of Mr Kejriwal and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, vanished from the site as AAP faced adverse comments on social media from critics. Some called the party "desperate" for using PM Modi in their campaign.

Hours before the phrase appeared on AAP's website, Mr Kejriwal told NDTV, "People I meet in Delhi are saying Modi for PM, Kejriwal for Chief Minister."

The battle, he added, "is between (BJP's) Jagdish Mukhi and Kejriwal, not Modi and Kejriwal."

The two leaders were last pitted against each other during the April-May national election at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, where Mr Modi defeated the AAP chief with a massive margin of 3.7 lakh votes.

The BJP has announced that it will not project a chief ministerial candidate in Delhi, a strategy that has paid off in Maharashtra and Haryana, where the party fashioned its campaigns around what it perceives as the "Modi magic". Some in the BJP believe the party should not risk pitching a "weak chief ministerial face" against Mr Kejriwal, the man who last governed Delhi after a spectacular election debut a year ago.

Mr Kejriwal alleges that the BJP is setting up an "artificial battle" to make the Delhi polls seem like a face-off between him and PM Modi. "They are trying to do fraud on the people of Delhi....Modi will not run the city, it will be handed over to somebody else," he told NDTV on Thursday.

Anyone from Delhi? If so please comment on the chances of AAP on the basis of local perspective so far.

Anyone from Delhi? If so please comment on the chances of AAP on the basis of local perspective so far.

Kuch keh nahi sakte.

AAP does not have much support in my circle, but then it did not had any in last election too. AAP support base is Autorickshaw drivers and Electricity stealing unregularized+Newly regularized colonies, along with some Psuedo-intellectual + Pseudo Secular support. Muslim support would oscillate between AAP and Congress depending on who is strong in their constituency.

I take my words back .......i said BJP cant win a single seat in punjab if contested alone ...............looks like they have assured two seats ......Bain brothers are joining BJP .....who knows one of them might be CM candidate

I take my words back .......i said BJP cant win a single seat in punjab if contested alone ...............looks like they have assured two seats ......Bain brothers are joining BJP .....who knows one of them might be CM candidate

Bjp will fight alone in punjab .. SAD is goner now

Bjp will fight alone in punjab .. SAD is goner now

Bains are joining only to irritate Badals,....................during last assembly elections they asked for just one seat ......badal ignored them .......they both stood as independent .......one brother defeated a cabinet minister by 40k votes ....other one defeated mayor of ludhiana by 50k votes .......and they again stood as independent in lok sabha elections ....just to make sure Akali candidate losses.

they regulary come in press and accuse Badals of many kinda stuff

BJP needs some Sikh faces in their party who can speak against Badals ......all the current leaders in Punjab BJP are losers.....all are chamchas of Badals (expect Sidhu and his wife).

on funny note ....bain has case running on them ......they once went into court of SDM and break his leg and trashed the whole place.....xD .....just because SDM was troubling local bussiness man ....hahaha

Bains are joining only to irritate Badals,....................during last assembly elections they asked for just one seat ......badal ignored them .......they both stood as independent .......one brother defeated a cabinet minister by 40k votes ....other one defeated mayor of ludhiana by 50k votes .......and they again stood as independent in lok sabha elections ....just to make sure Akali candidate losses.

they regulary come in press and accuse Badals of many kinda stuff

BJP needs some Sikh faces in their party who can speak against Badals ......all the current leaders in Punjab BJP are losers.....all are chamchas of Badals (expect Sidhu and his wife).

on funny note ....bain has case running on them ......they once went into court of SDM and break his leg and trashed the whole place.....xD .....just because SDM was troubling local bussiness man ....hahaha

What bjp needs to win election is with BJP ... Amitshah ;)

I guess Shivsena is streching bjp to far if these continues shivsena will regret it..

Back
Top Bottom