What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

@JanjaWeed @ranjeet don't know what he meant......................... :D

well.. few of the outcomes are quite blatant here. First & foremost... SS & BJP's roles would have swapped. So far SS was big bro of BJP in Mahararshtra, after elections it would be other way around. SS was blocking BJP from doing any sort of business with either NCP or with MNS in the past. Now.. SS will have no say in how BJP will conduct it's business with other regional parties of Maharashtra. After elections BJP will be spoiled for choices. Both SS & NCP will be eager to join the government.

Reality check for Vadra

Gandhi family son-in-law Robert Vadra found himself in a fracas in the Capital's power park, Lodi Garden, the other day. He was there for his usual morning run when he's in Delhi. After finishing his run, he went to his usual spot to do pushups and other exercises. He found that one of the two stones he had put there for his pushups had gone missing. According to eyewitnesses, Vadra was furious and demanded that Lodi Garden staff be summoned to explain where the stone had vanished. A small crowd gathered and started taunting him. This was probably his first brush with reality after ten years of Congress power.

The Statesman: Melting Pot -Arati R Jerath

yaar ye AS konse duniya sai aaye hai :o: Achanak 4-5 saal mai Modi or amit shah asman sai tapka aur desh ko badal diya

Actually I started rating Amit Shah when I saw and heard about his strategy in Bengal. Just 1 year back BJP was unheard of. Suddenly Saradha, Malda blast and BD immigrants issue prop up and now people (on the ground in Bengal) are saying DIDI's days are numbered. BJP will form the next government 8-):o::crazy::undecided:

Actually I started rating Amit Shah when I saw and heard about his strategy in Bengal. Just 1 year back BJP was unheard of. Suddenly Saradha, Malda blast and BD immigrants issue prop up and now people (on the ground in Bengal) are saying DIDI's days are numbered. BJP will form the next government 8-):o::crazy::undecided:

I had seen that SHINE on his Bald head the first time i really put my attention on him (during aap ki adalat - before 2014 elections).

This man who has not let one hair rest on his head, will not let ANY party in India to rest. He will WIPE out every other party, be it from NDA or not.

He once said that when it comes to strategy making form his party (BJP) then he is RUTHLESS!!

the decision to go solo in Maharashtra din't came out of the blue.............It was a proper planning from his side....he had conducted many surveys which said that BJP can get majority of it' own, then his masterstroke was to take NCP into confidence to go solo as well.........& here you will get a RESULT where for the first time in Maha you will get one party with full majority while others will get DECIMATED.

New Muslim party plans to ride Modi wave in Tamil Nadu

CHENNAI: Going against conventional political wisdom, the newest Muslim party in Tamil Nadu, the All India Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam (AIMMK), has joined the BJP bandwagon. Celebrating its first anniversary year, the party plans to organize a 'national development conference' in January to gain some traction in the state. AIMMK founder president N K N Shathakkathullah told TOI that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been invited to inaugurate the conference.

A little-known garments trader, N K N Shathakkathullah reckons that at a time when Modi has grabbed world attention with his development agenda, Muslims in India should be part of this movement forward. He floated AIMMK in Chennai on August 17, 2013, hoping to position it as the only Muslim party to support the BJP-led NDA alliance prior to the Lok Sabha polls. "I led a five-member team to campaign for Modi in Varanasi," said Shathakkathullah, who first broke bread with Modi at an election rally in Chennai on February 8 where he was introduced by the then state BJP chief Pon Radhakrishnan.

AIMMK wants to be seen as a progressive party that steers clear of traditional Muslim identity politics. Shathakkathullah says when he met Modi in February he asked that the BJP should not treat Muslims as a votebank.

Observers say there may be space for a new political message in the Muslim community focusing on jobs, education and economic progress, but that may not translate into electoral dividends since Muslims account for only 6% of the state's population. Muslim parties often rely on the support of Dravidian parties to get their candidates elected.

Asked about a new party like AIMMK, IUML leader and former Vellore MP Abdul Rahman was dismissive. "The BJP may like to have some Muslim organization on board to show it has the support of the minority community and may have induced some people to start a party with the word 'Muslim'," he said.

Nevertheless, AIMMK aspires to field candidates in the 2016 assembly polls as part of the NDA alliance in the state. "We have asked for 25 MLA seats based on our assessment of our strength," Shathakkathullah told TOI. "We have a good presence in Erode, Trichy, Karur and Namakkal at present and are assessing our scope for growth in other places in the state," he said.

According to political commentator G Satyamurthy, a new party like AIMMK will take five to 10 years to develop and must win one or two seats in the 2016 assembly polls to prove its strength. In the broad gameplan of the BJP to make inroads in TN, however, Muslim parties may at best have only a token presence, he said.

New Muslim party plans to ride Modi wave in Tamil Nadu - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom