What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

BJP to launch its ‘Save Bihar’ campaign today

PATNA: The state BJP's mass contact programme, 'Bihar Bachao, Bihar Banao', will start on Thursday. The party leaders, including MPs, will address public meetings in several districts to highlight the failure of Jitan Ram Manjhi government in the state and the achievements of Narendra Modi-led NDA government at the Centre.

Former deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi will address a public meeting at Hajipur while leader of opposition in the state assembly Nand Kishore Yadav would be at Muzaffarpur and the party's state chief Mangal Pandey at Purnia on the same day, said state BJP vice-president and spokesman Sanjay Mayukh (MLC).

The MPs who would also address public meetings on the day are Janardan Singh Sigriwal at Siwan, Ram Kripal Yadav at Nalanda, Janak Chamar at Motihari and Hari Manjhi at Aurangabad, Mayukh said. Union ministers Ravishankar Prasad, Radha Mohan Singh and Dharmendra Pradhan as well as Dr C P Thakur (Rajya Sabha member), Rajiv Pratap Rudy (MP), Shahnawaz Hussain and Ashwini Kumar Choubey (MP) would also address public meetings on different dates. The programme would continue till October 15, Mayukh added.

Several other state leaders would also reach out to the people on Thursday at their assigned places. They include former state BJP chief Gopal Narayan Singh (Kaimur), the party's chief spokesman Vinod Narayan Jha (Darbhanga), spokesperson Usha Vidyarthi and Nitin Navin (Arwal), Dhirendra Singh (Barh), Dilip Jaiswal (Supaul) and Tarkishore Prasad, MLA (Kishanganj), among others.

Jha said around 25 lakh leaflets would be distributed among people covering every assembly segment, with at least 10,000 leaflets in each of the 243 constituencies. Incidentally, the BJP has 25 lakh members in the state. Jha said kidnapping for ransom has reared its ugly head and has been threatening to establish itself as an industry, again.

The leaflet, subtitled JD (U), RJD, Congress alliance is unnatural and heralds jungle raj-II, has pointed to the Manjhi government's failure under 36 subheadings, such as rising crime graph, terror attacks, Maoist violence, alleged scams, alleged faulty implementation of government schemes and flood management.

The leaflets also refer to the 110-day performance and achievements of the Modi government at the Centre, pointing to handling of foreign affairs, foreign direct investment, black money and those having direct bearing on Bihar, like the announcements made in the Union budget and formal opening of Nalanda University.

BJP to launch its ‘Save Bihar’ campaign today - The Times of India

A setback for NDA and a bad decision on BJP's part.. Unless this announcement is meant to make Congress-NCP alliance talks break.
Maharashtra was there for the taking for NDA. However this move has turned all the calculations upside down. Now.. I can see a hurried patch up between Congress & NCP in seat sharing... unless NCP wants to breakaway & join NDA, which they always wanted, but for SS's strong opposition!

@jha Congress & NCP alliance has gone for a toss as well. It's going to be free for all now in the state of Maharashtra! Post poll alliance is on the offing. It could be the combination of BJP-SS or Cong-NCP or BJP-NCP or BJP-SS-NCP! This is going to be interesting!

A setback for NDA and a bad decision on BJP's part.. Unless this announcement is meant to make Congress-NCP alliance talks break.

Not necessarily. Let us see how each party individually pans out. It will give an opportunity for MNS to challenge SS and cut it down to size.

It will allow NCP to cut congress down to size.

Amit Shah was warning Sharad Pawar that they might start CBI enquiry against him. I think that was designed to keep them away from the Congress.

It can also be an opportunity for the BJP to make a serious dent in Maharashtra politics. Interesting times ahead.

@jha Congress & NCP alliance has gone for a toss as well. It's going to be free for all now in the state of Maharashtra! Post poll alliance is on the offing. It could be the combination of BJP-SS or Cong-NCP or BJP-NCP or BJP-SS-NCP! This is going to be interesting!

If SS gets decimated, it will be good for Maharashtra in long run. Mahayuti - SS will be better for BJP. But the problem is that BJP has no ground level presence in almost half seats. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

c3f50af6344501596f0b351a35192f07.jpg

Just Curious, Why we Indians din't RAISED any voice.

A Security officer sidelining the PM of India. Chk the eyes of everyone.

Now don't make it a BJP vs. Congress question, I am just POINTING out to the PM's chair which is non-partisan.

@nair one day you were pointing out that you don't understand why many Indians hated MMS........Well, to answer that, YOU HAVE TO EARN RESPECT. & this is what happens when an UN-ELECTED person sits on the PM's chair.

P.S. Seriously, How was he able to be the PM of India for 10 long years?????

View attachment 87953

Now don't make it a BJP vs. Congress question, I am just POINTING out to the PM's chair which is non-partisan.

@nair one day you were pointing out that you don't understand why many Indians hated MMS........Well, to answer that, YOU HAVE TO EARN RESPECT. & this is what happens when an UN-ELECTED person sits on the PM's chair.

Right man, Wrong Party

View attachment 87953

I feel sorry for MMS and i consider him as a great economist..... no one can ignore his contribution towards the economic growth of India.... Yes our memories are short .... and we forget his contributions and we only speak about his achievement or non achievement as a PM (which is quite justifiable) .....That is how we have been .... Look at Indira Gandhi, what is she remembered for????? "Emergency" .. MMS has been treated very badly by congress....The picture shown is a classic example .....Congress will never learn from their mistake.....

View attachment 87953

That image sums up MMS's entire tenure. He was nothing but a pushover... quite sad actually!

Oh bhai, no one has SHORT MEMORY, if you want to give credit for 1991 LPG than it goes more towards PVN (who backed it POLITICALLY) without which MMS couldn't have done what he is remembered for.

& I am not talking about his contribution as PM, I am just talking that "MY COUNTRY's PM" was just pushed to the sidelines & no one raised an IOTA of voice against it for whole 10 YEARS!!!!

Well i agree with your second part of your post....... This is not the way a PM for 10 years to be treated..... that too infront of a foreigner....Probably that is the reason the state of congress today.....

That's why, We need a Constitutional Amendment immediately that Country's PM can only be ELECTED (i.e. from LS).

I have no issue with that proposal, but even if MMS was an elected MP (lok sabha) i dont see any change in behavior towards him (as shown in the pic you posted) out of 540 odd constituencies there will be atleast 10 places where MMS can win an election........

Back
Top Bottom