What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

This is seriously terrible:

Kerala School Drops Vande Mataram from I-Day Programme as Radical Group Objects

In an incident that reeks of growing Taliban-like radicalism, a school in Kerala had to edit out the Vande Mataram song from its Independence Day programme on Friday, following threats from a political party that it is against the religious beliefs of a community.

The school management also reportedly asked students to not do the 'namaste', a common gesture of respect in India, in fear of threats from the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI).

According to Hindustan Times, the TKM Centenary School in Kollam was to have a dance planned on Vande Mataram, which is a popular song played as a patriotic symbol on days such as the Independence Day. However, the school management allegedly replaced the song with an orchestra to avert any incident, though the principal claims that the song was removed so as not to "stress" the students.

However, the SDPI claimed that they had asked the school to not play the song.

"We approached the school management after a number of parents complained that some words in Vande Matraam and the gesture 'namaste' were against their religious belief. We only requested the school to respect their sentiment," SDPI leader AK Salahuddin told HT.

SDPI was formed in 2009 as a political wing of the Popular Front of India, and has had a controversial run in Kerala, with the state police often raiding their offices on suspicion of arms and weapons stockpiling by the members. PFI and SDPI were also chargesheeted by the National Investigation Agency, indicating their role in conducting arms training camps, according to an India Today report.

There was controversy over Vande Mataram in 2009 as well, when Muslim outfit Jamait-e-Ulema Hind had issued a fatwa against the song and had banned Muslims from singing it, citing that some of the verses go against the tenets of Islam, as reported by The Times of India.

:mad::mad::hitwall:

Bihar chief minister in trouble over son’s sex scandal | GulfNews.com

Media reports said the chief minister’s son, Praveen Manjhi, accompanied by a woman constable in civil dress arrived at a hotel at Bodh Gaya on Tuesday night in a luxury car and asked to book a deluxe suite. His demand was met quickly due to his influential background and because he was a regular visitor there. He then retired to the suite with the constable, leaving his bodyguards in the hotel parking lot.

The problem began when he began complaining about the hotel’s poor service and refused to pay his dues. As the altercation between him and the hotel staff turned bitter, the angry staffs locked the two in the room as the other guests gathered to the spot hearing the loud noises. :rofl:

The staff refused to let them out until they cleared the dues. Caught in a tricky situation, he contacted police officials for help. They immediately rushed to the scene and tried to solve the matter but he was only let go off after he cleared his bills. :p:

SAD should mend it's ways & Really work for the people
Condition Punjab is quite miserable nowdays. People are fed up with corrupt practices of SAD-BJP government. Congress people are busy in fighting with each other. That is why people of Punjab are shifting towards AAP.

This is seriously terrible:

Kerala School Drops Vande Mataram from I-Day Programme as Radical Group Objects

In an incident that reeks of growing Taliban-like radicalism, a school in Kerala had to edit out the Vande Mataram song from its Independence Day programme on Friday, following threats from a political party that it is against the religious beliefs of a community.

The school management also reportedly asked students to not do the 'namaste', a common gesture of respect in India, in fear of threats from the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI).

According to Hindustan Times, the TKM Centenary School in Kollam was to have a dance planned on Vande Mataram, which is a popular song played as a patriotic symbol on days such as the Independence Day. However, the school management allegedly replaced the song with an orchestra to avert any incident, though the principal claims that the song was removed so as not to "stress" the students.

However, the SDPI claimed that they had asked the school to not play the song.

"We approached the school management after a number of parents complained that some words in Vande Matraam and the gesture 'namaste' were against their religious belief. We only requested the school to respect their sentiment," SDPI leader AK Salahuddin told HT.

SDPI was formed in 2009 as a political wing of the Popular Front of India, and has had a controversial run in Kerala, with the state police often raiding their offices on suspicion of arms and weapons stockpiling by the members. PFI and SDPI were also chargesheeted by the National Investigation Agency, indicating their role in conducting arms training camps, according to an India Today report.

There was controversy over Vande Mataram in 2009 as well, when Muslim outfit Jamait-e-Ulema Hind had issued a fatwa against the song and had banned Muslims from singing it, citing that some of the verses go against the tenets of Islam, as reported by The Times of India.

:mad::mad::hitwall:

Now this is worrying & what is Popular front of India,commies or Islamists

Condition Punjab is quite miserable nowdays. People are fed up with corrupt practices of SAD-BJP government. Congress people are busy in fighting with each other. That is why people of Punjab are shifting towards AAP.

If AAP delivers people should vote them in the next assembly elections

If AAP delivers people should vote them in the next assembly elections
Can't say anything about future but till now people are satisfied with AAP MPs working. But main reason for popularity of AAP in punjab is that most of their candidates are from middle class section. I just hope they will do something because every 1 out of 3 youths is a drug addict in Punjab. Leaders from both ruling & opposition & also Police officers are making huge profits from drug trade.

Can't say anything about future but till now people are satisfied with AAP MPs working. But main reason for popularity of AAP in punjab is that most of their candidates are from middle class section. I just hope they will do something because every 1 out of 3 youths is a drug addict in Punjab. Leaders from both ruling & opposition & also Police officers are making huge profits from drug trade.

I Knew there was a drug problem in Punjab,but this is messed up.Radical Measures must be taken to quell this problem

The Chief Minister was deeply embarrassed when the gathering booed him and shouted slogans as he got up to make his speech. He was forced to rush through his prepared text while Mr Modi waved to the crowds urging them to remain calm.

The incessant heckling left Mr Hooda almost inaudible. :rofl: He alleged later that the crowd was organized by the BJP.

"It was meant to be an official function but turned into a political rally. The BJP has violated the pride of the institution of PM. I went to keep the pride of the chair. In future, I will never attend a function with the PM," Mr Hooda said.

It got steadily worse for Congress leaders on the stage as Mr Modi's speech had the crowd roaring in approval. :agree:

I Will Never Share Stage With PM Modi Again, Says Haryana Chief Minister Hooda

The Chief Minister was deeply embarrassed when the gathering booed him and shouted slogans as he got up to make his speech. He was forced to rush through his prepared text while Mr Modi waved to the crowds urging them to remain calm.

The incessant heckling left Mr Hooda almost inaudible. :rofl: He alleged later that the crowd was organized by the BJP.

"It was meant to be an official function but turned into a political rally. The BJP has violated the pride of the institution of PM. I went to keep the pride of the chair. In future, I will never attend a function with the PM," Mr Hooda said.

It got steadily worse for Congress leaders on the stage as Mr Modi's speech had the crowd roaring in approval. :agree:

I Will Never Share Stage With PM Modi Again, Says Haryana Chief Minister Hooda
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BveV3uuCEAAuG8n.jpg

Blue black mail case accused Ruksana reveals two ex central ministers name ,both from congress ......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom