What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Are you connected to Congress or do you have some family members belonging to the party?

That's a funny way at looking at things. I have no connections whatsoever (nor did I vote for them in this election), I just have an opinion different from yours.

That's a funny way at looking at things. I have no connections whatsoever (nor did I vote for them in this election), I just have an opinion different from yours.

It is not the least funny. Given how ordinary men have been rotting in jails for the death of their spouses within 7 years of marriage in lesser suspicious circumstances, it is remarkable how easily you opine that there is nothing suspicious at all about the death of his wife, given the tweets she made before her death and her apparently healthy condition. You also never seem to find any corruption in the congress or JD govt in Karnataka and hold the BJP more corrupt than those. Wonder where Deve Gowda (humble farmer growing tomatoes) and Kumaraswamy made their thousands of crores worth property from. Or SM Krishna for that matter. You do not seem to hold Justice Hedge's findings which implicates only Yeddy least suspicious either.

It is not the least funny. Given how ordinary men have been rotting in jails for the death of their spouses within 7 years of marriage in lesser suspicious circumstances, it is remarkable how easily you opine that there is nothing suspicious at all about the death of his wife, given the tweets she made before her death and her apparently healthy condition. You also never seem to find any corruption in the congress or JD govt in Karnataka and hold the BJP more corrupt than those. Wonder where Deve Gowda (humble farmer growing tomatoes) and Kumaraswamy made their thousands of crores worth property from. Or SM Krishna for that matter. You do not seem to hold Justice Hedge's findings which implicates only Yeddy least suspicious either.
There is no consider difference between former UPA government and former BJP government of Karnataka(though sanadhana gowdas term was somewhat better)...both wanted power/money,did every possible cheap tricks to stay in power,haven't hear the problems of poor/middle classes...yeddy cabinet was much more worse..mining scams,reddy brother's money politics etc etc..
even the present congress is way better..present CM sidharamaih ,apart from minority appeasing policies is performing much better....

There is no consider difference between former UPA government and former BJP government of Karnataka(though sanadhana gowdas term was somewhat better)...both wanted power/money,did every possible cheap tricks to stay in power,haven't hear the problems of poor/middle classes...yeddy cabinet was much more worse..mining scams,reddy brother's money politics etc etc..
even the present congress is way better..present CM sidharamaih ,apart from minority appeasing policies is performing much better....

BS Yeddyurappa: Victim of political vengeance | India News Analysis and Op-Ed Commentary | Politics | Governance | Economic Freedom | National Interest

That is an unsupportable claim. The High Court quashed the FIR against Yeddyurappa based on the Lokayukta report. Not only that, it gave serious slamming to Justice Hegde for not following basic principles of natural justice, and removed the part of the report that was critical of Yeddyurappa. Some technical details here to drill down the exact injustice done to BSY by Hegde and how High Court corrected it giving justice to BSY.

You can access the full Karnataka High Court judgement quashing Santosh Hegde’s report based FIR against BSY here.

Long before BJP formed the govt in Karnataka, Karnataka had earned the sobriquet of being the most corrupt state in India after Bihar. That was entirely Congress' and JDS' doing.

Here is a blog meant to highlight BJP achievements before the state elections in 2013. Just go through it and you will know how hard BJP actually worked and despite a hostile Central govt and governor Bhardwaj's repeated attempts to sack the govt.

Kiran's Thoughts.. As Is: Dear Karnataka BJP Campaigner, Read This First...

Siddharamaiah's govt is a damp squib after all that. Apart from minority appeasement, I really do not see any good he has done. We are now having more sustained power cuts than before. Just last week for 2 days I had 12 hours power cut respectively. Other days it is between 2-3 hours everyday.

Nothing to see here. The doctor in this case is being passed for promotion, so he decided on this tactic hoping that any act of promoting someone else can be claimed as vendetta.

I was thinking how pressurising the doctor was too obvious a tactic.

I have to say though, after Sunanda's death, Sashi Tharoor hasn't faced much heat. This is especially so in Kerala.

The funny part is how selective your memory is. The idea that Sunanda Pushkar was a very healthy individual & was not on medication is not backed up by facts. There is also the fact that Shashi tharoor was not in the place even when Sunanda Pushkar was last seen alive. You can believe whatever your political inclinations may suggest, I do not follow that path.

If you think I don't fault JD(S) or Congress in Karnataka, you probably have either the most selective of memories or a terrible one. I have dispayed nothing but contempt for how the JD(S) functions (btw, Deve Gowda was a potato farmer- not tomato) & was also extremely critical of how the Congress under Dharam Singh functioned. I don't share your opinion on S.M. Krishna because I believe that the state did progress well during his time. I was also extremely critical of how UPA2 functioned. I guess it must be difficult for someone who can see only one side to appreciate that not everyone is similarly built.

As far as Justice Hegde's findings goes, I have not the least suspion that those findings are accurate. Not least because I had some indirect knowledge of what Yeddy did as Dy.CM. Justice Santhosh Hegde's father, Justice K.S. Hegde was a national vice president of the BJP & speaker of the parliament during the Janata government (Hardly a Congress agent as you seem to suggest). Which is among the reasons why Advani holds Justice Santhosh Hegde in very high esteem. Your are entitled to see any conspiracy anywhere, whether in Justice Santhosh Hegde's actions or Sunanda Pushkar's death. That is your prerogative. What you most certainly can't do is insist that I share your opinion.

Long before BJP formed the govt in Karnataka, Karnataka had earned the sobriquet of being the most corrupt state in India after Bihar. That was entirely Congress' and JDS' doing.

Here is a blog meant to highlight BJP achievements before the state elections in 2013. Just go through it and you will know how hard BJP actually worked and despite a hostile Central govt and governor Bhardwaj's repeated attempts to sack the govt.

Cheerleading for a government that was consigned to the dustbin is the same as doing so for UPA 2. The people thought otherwise.

There is no consider difference between former UPA government and former BJP government of Karnataka(though sanadhana gowdas term was somewhat better)....

Sadananda Gowda would have proved a very good CM had he been given the full term.

Last edited:
The we-told-you-so brigade:

10511241_521806451254001_908029116661622968_n.jpg

We are now having more sustained power cuts than before. Just last week for 2 days I had 12 hours power cut respectively. Other days it is between 2-3 hours everyday.

By that logic, Modi's government is responsible for all the power cuts in delhi. The BJP government in Karnataka was the worst government in recent history. It was seen as such & dealt like that by the people.

Hydel power is running low following poor rains in the catchment area. If rains pick up, the pwer situation improves (both demand situation & supply improves), otherwise we are in for a very bad time ahead.

Last edited:
2 points:

1. Waqt ki maar- 2012 mae Mukherjee saab ka probe karwana chahte they..Aaj apni rajneeti bachane keliye unke samne hath jodey..

2. 100 crore ke Civil lines ke bunglow mae shift hona chahte they lekin chapan/sandal hawai hi pehnni hai! Andhe bhakto ko aam kaise lagenge..abe Shirt pant ke andar tuck to karle Politics ke KRK..

10407425_1636091029949892_3755999702828581496_n.jpg

About 10 years ago, I heard the estimation of Deve Gowda's wealth around 3000 to 5000 crores.

After Shahi Imam, now Azam Khan has endorsed the ISIS terrorists, so they surely are traitors..
Getting their paycheck from India and singing laurel of terrorists, it does not work this way.
Shame..

Mr. Modi has not even tried to collect 4 crores from Jama masjid against unpaid electricity bills, neither the power cut has taken place. While it is a fact that all temples and churches pay their electricity bills.

Shameful or shameless situation, you define..

By that logic, Modi's government is responsible for all the pwer cuts in delhi. The BJP government was the worst government in recent history. It was seen as such & dealt like that by the people.
Hydel power is running low following poor rains in the catchment area. If rains pick up, the pwer situation improves (both demand situation & supply improves), otherwise we are in for a very bad time ahead

The congress before vacating office followed a scorched earth policy is no secret. The country's economy was already in the ICU. BJP has just started its govt and cannot be held responsible for that. But Congress has been in govt in Karnataka since the last 1-1/2 years and things have gotten worse.

Next, the people fell for the false accusations and Media campaign against the BJP govt (courtesy congress' strategy to deny BJP any foothold in the South). Next Yeddy's breaking away from BJP split the BJP vote share and that was the main reason of BJP's defeat and not any perceived sainthood of congress. Congress' vote share did not increase at all in that election. Even this anomaly people rectified in this lok sabha election where BJP got majority.

The funny part is how selective your memory is. The idea that Sunanda Pushkar was a very healthy individual & was not on medication is not backed up by facts. There is also the fact that Shashi tharoor was not in the place even when Sunanda Pushkar was last seen alive. You can believe whatever your political inclinations may suggest, I do not follow that path.

As per AIIMS report just a few days before Sunanda died, she was on no medications at all and had no pre-existing medical condition. Shashi Tharoor and his cohorts are more than capable of arranging an alibi and it is no biggie at all. That is the lamest excuse, he need not have been present at the scene of death at all.

If you think I don't fault JD(S) or Congress in Karnataka, you probably have either the most selective of memories or a terrible one. I have dispayed nothing but contempt for how the JD(S) functions (btw, Deve Gowda was a potato farmer- not tomato) & was also extremely critical of how the Congress under Dharam Singh functioned. I don't share your opinion on S.M. Krishna because I believe that the state did progress well during his time. I was also extremely critical of how UPA2 functioned. I guess it must be difficult for someone who can see only one side to appreciate that not everyone is similarly built.

I have at least not seen any posts from you criticizing non-BJP govts at all and this is not a case of being selective. While I have seen you concur with posts critical of UPA2, any outright criticism from you of congress or its leaders has been largely missing. Anyway, my post was restricted to the govt in Karnataka. SM Krishna's govt was just as corrupt though of course only Bangalore did a lot better during his time. What you accuse me of is exactly what you are guilty of, seeing only one side.

As far as Justice Hegde's findings goes, I have not the least suspion that those findings are accurate. Not least because I had some indirect knowledge of what Yeddy did as Dy.CM. Justice Santhosh Hegde's father, Justice K.S. Hegde was a national vice president of the BJP & speaker of the parliament during the Janata government (Hardly a Congress agent as you seem to suggest). Which is among the reasons why Advani holds Justice Santhosh Hegde in very high esteem. Your are entitled to see any conspiracy anywhere, whether in Justice Santhosh Hegde's actions or Sunanda Pushkar's death. That is your prerogative. What you most certainly can't do is insist that I share your opinion.

BS Yeddyurappa: Victim of political vengeance | India News Analysis and Op-Ed Commentary | Politics | Governance | Economic Freedom | National Interest

This link debunks all your claims about Justice Hegde's integrity, Advani's approval notwithstanding, and Yeddy's culpability. I do not expect nor ask that you share my opinions, but given the leeway you seem to extend towards all non-BJP parties, your political inclination and lack of objectivity is obvious.

Cheerleading for a government that was consigned to the dustbin is the same as doing so for UPA 2. The people thought otherwise.

This theory has been debunked adequately given how soon Kannadiga tired of the current dispensation.

The congress before vacating office followed a scorched earth policy is no secret. The country's economy was already in the ICU. BJP has just started its govt and cannot be held responsible for that. But Congress has been in govt in Karnataka since the last 1-1/2 years and things have gotten worse.

If you believe power situation can be changed in a year, then you live in some fantastic place.

Next, the people fell for the false accusations and Media campaign against the BJP govt (courtesy congress' strategy to deny BJP any foothold in the South). Next Yeddy's breaking away from BJP split the BJP vote share and that was the main reason of BJP's defeat and not any perceived sainthood of congress. Congress' vote share did not increase at all in that election. Even this anomaly people rectified in this lok sabha election where BJP got majority.

False allegations? :lol: Not even die hard BJP supporters I know believe that crap. Even Modi didn't believe it, its why Yeddy is not in the cabinet. If Yeddy was with the BJP, its voteshare would have been nowhere in the cicinity of the BJP+KJP. Doesn't work like that. The BJP won in the general elections on a Modi wave, not on some imagined KJP+BJP vote share. Had rthere been no Modi wave, the BJP would have been lucky to get anything more than 5-7 seats. (for instance, the Congress pulverised 2 combined BJP+KJP+JD(S) candidates in by elections last year)

As iI said your entitled to believe whatever you want, including that the previous BJP government in Karnataka was the best ever. Lets agree to disagree. Just leave the funny questions of my motivations for any posts at home.

Back
Top Bottom