What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

It would seem that way, wouldn't it. Add a majority of the Congress votes to Kejriwal & you begin to see a completely different picture. That road show must have turned a few people.

Unlike other people here, I am more sympathetic to Kejriwal than Rahul Gandhi.

I know, it is foolish.

It is interesting though.

In 2009 every fifth Congress MP was from Andhra.

If Congress takes a massive hit, and BJP and allies make enough inroads, it could compensate somewhat for U.P.

Though U.P still remains the most important in Indian politics.

I say this with regret.

UP is likely to be ok for the BJP, Bihar may not. Thereare some gains in Assam & Odisha that are being spoken about but unless the BJP springs a big surprise in WB, the BJP will still be some way short.

Bogus day ...today getting only bad news :((

I know that as a Keralite, I have no right to say this, but

U.P. what the hell are you doing?

UP is likely to be ok for the BJP, Bihar may not. Thereare some gains in Assam & Odisha that are being spoken about but unless the BJP springs a big surprise in WB, the BJP will still be some way short.

My prediction is that we might be looking at a BJP+NDA 220-250 seat scenario.

So....... Is Jayalalitha on board? I mean, how many parties do they have to get on board?

And it is not like Narendra Modi will let his fruits of his labour go to waste.

whatever Nitish Kumar said and played politics, I still think Nitish Kumar is still the best CM for Bihar.

Unlike other people here, I am more sympathetic to Kejriwal than Rahul Gandhi.

I know, it is foolish.

Not foolish, I feel the same though that speaks more of the unenthusiasm for RG the candidate than it does about the tragi-comic hero Kejriwal. Much to admire about but much to pull your hair out too.

It is interesting though.

In 2009 every fifth Congress MP was from Andhra.

If Congress takes a massive hit, and BJP and allies make enough inroads, it could compensate somewhat for U.P.

Though U.P still remains the most important in Indian politics.

I say this with regret.

Thats a very sad point you make. An overpuopulated, failed, casteist, communal state with very high criminal record decides the fate of the rest of us :(

UP must be split into smaller states.

Nothing against the good people of UP, just too difficult to really make a change with its current size I feel.

Did my part

did_my_part.jpg

It would seem that way, wouldn't it. Add a majority of the Congress votes to Kejriwal & you begin to see a completely different picture. That road show must have turned a few people.

Apart from Muslims I don't think Congress and AAP votes are transferrable. So this is just hypothetical.

BJP is doing good in both UP and Bihar. Its Just that BJP did extremely well in first 2-3 phases there, people are expecting them to repeat same feat in every phase. In Bihar, except seemanchal(7 seats), BJP has done better everywhere. IMO BJP will score 20+ seats in Bihar while allies can win 3/4 seats(Thanks to first 2 and last 2 phases).

I

My prediction is that we might be looking at a BJP+NDA 220-250 seat scenario.

So....... Is Jayalalitha on board? I mean, how many parties do they have to get on board?

NDA at 220 is big trouble. Need to be at 240+ to even look at forming the government. Possible allies, AIADMK, TRS,YSR (a bit problematic with the TDP), BJD (depending on the numbers in Odisha), INLD, PDP.

Looks like a bloody zoo.........

NDA at 220 is big trouble. Need to be at 240+ to even look at forming the government. Possible allies, AIADMK, TRS,YSR (a bit problematic with the TDP), BJD (depending on the numbers in Odisha), INLD, PDP.

Looks like a bloody zoo.........

trying to imagine Modi and Amma in the same alliance.

Clash of egos.

Apart from Muslims I don't think Congress and AAP votes are transferrable. So this is just hypothetical.

Of course it is hypothetical but I did say the "majority", not all. Even a small transfer (more likely from Congress to AAP than the other way around) would mess up the scene. Remember this is Modi we are talking about, not some standard BJP candidate. He has to win big, not just win.

Back
Top Bottom