What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Intial numbers from Varanasi by 5forty3 by 11.30

Congress 25%
Modi 39%
Kejru 18%
Others 18%

These are very initial so may change (as said by Dr Patil)

Surprisingly poor figures for Mr. Modi. Was expecting atleast 50% for a PM candidate. Worrying actually.

Intial numbers from Varanasi by 5forty3 by 11.30

Congress 25%
Modi 39%
Kejru 18%
Others 18%

These are very initial so may change (as said by Dr Patil)

Congress 25% ?

They don't deserve that.

Surprisingly poor figures for Mr. Modi. Was expecting atleast 50% for a PM candidate. Worrying actually.
Early trends as said by Dr. Patil. And there is a rural bias (more brisk voting there). But yes if this continues then its worrying.

I was thinking about the same.

You think Kejriwal had an effect?

I wonder if this reflects nationally. That indeed there has been too much hype about the Modi wave (it's actually true).

@Bang Galore Any prediction for the Karnataka LS elections?

The prediction is congress has consolidate there, but will lose some ground to BJP :-)

What is Kejru's future if he is no. 3 in Varanasi?

Muslim vote consolidation, wait till 5, Modi will easily get 60% plus of the votes.
I am expecting atleast 50% votes for Modi. Less than that and he will keep Vadodara for sure and let go of Varanasi.

main to aam admi hu ji , meri kya aukaat hai ji , varanasi wale cong -bjp ke agent hai ji :)

I am expecting him to be back in Delhi for his antics. He will try to again become CM. Question is once he is no. 3 in Varanasi how many will take him seriously in Delhi.

I was thinking about the same.

You think Kejriwal had an effect?

The 43% vote for the two main contenders means that Modi is not overwhelming them. That is bad news. Even worse when you see where this information comes from. I think a closer watch on this is necessary.

I wonder if this reflects nationally. That indeed there has been too much hype about the Modi wave (it's actually true).

There is a Modi wave/breeze alright(as much of a wave as can be expected), the strength varying from place to place.. If there is trouble like this in this part of U.P. for Modi himself, then I would be very sceptical in writing off the BSP & SP.

@Bang Galore Any prediction for the Karnataka LS elections?

The prediction is congress has consolidate there, but will lose some ground to BJP :-)

That would be reasonably accurate.- 8-12 seats for the BJP, 14-18 for Congress, JD(S) -2

Last edited:
FIR to be filed against Ajai Rai for wearing Hand symbol on the kurta

Back
Top Bottom