What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Chill guys NDA will get comfortable majority on their own! This time election is different many psephologists and exit polls will turn out to be hoax.. Remember high profile seats always have competition so Varanasi seat is one of them!

Of course it is hypothetical but I did say the "majority", not all. Even a small transfer (more likely from Congress to AAP than the other way around) would mess up the scene. Remember this is Modi we are talking about, not some standard BJP candidate. He has to win big, not just win.

It doesn't matter as long as Modi wins by 50K votes bigger the better but the real trouble is AK should come 3rd and except no major trouble from any ruling party if AK comes 2nd and Modi wins by smaller margin trouble may come!

Thats a very sad point you make. An overpuopulated, failed, casteist, communal state with very high criminal record decides the fate of the rest of us :(

UP must be split into smaller states.

Nothing against the good people of UP, just too difficult to really make a change with its current size I feel.

Mayawati's idea was a good one (can't believe I just said that). U.P is just too big a state to govern efficiently.

Should be cut into smaller part for more ad-ministerial efficiency

Thats a very sad point you make. An overpuopulated, failed, casteist, communal state with very high criminal record decides the fate of the rest of us :(

UP must be split into smaller states.

Nothing against the good people of UP, just too difficult to really make a change with its current size I feel.

Splitting UP is not easy, especially with the Meerut/Muzzarnagar region effectively becoming another "Jammu and Kashmir". That region will soon be Muslim majority if it isn't already.

It doesn't matter as long as Modi wins by 50K votes bigger the better but the real trouble is AK should come 3rd and except no major trouble from any ruling party if AK comes 2nd and Modi wins by smaller margin trouble may come!

50k would be bad, 100k is absolutely necessary to keep even a vestige of honour. If AK comes 3rd & congress ran Modi close, I really can't see much of a silver lining. Both ways. Modi has to win big.

Of course it is hypothetical but I did say the "majority", not all. Even a small transfer (more likely from Congress to AAP than the other way around) would mess up the scene. Remember this is Modi we are talking about, not some standard BJP candidate. He has to win big, not just win.

I will wait for a few more hours and a couple of more updates to hazard a guess. But even if Modi wins Varanasi with less than a lakh vote but wins majority of votes in Eastern UP it will be a strategic win for Modi (though a tactical setback). Even a small victory in Varanasi doesn't challenge his leadership in BJP.

Have Congress and Kejri missed the large strategic game being played here by Modi for symbolic tactical gains? Perhaps we will know on 16th.

Splitting UP is not easy, especially with the Meerut/Muzzarnagar region effectively becoming another "Jammu and Kashmir". That region will soon be Muslim majority if it isn't already.

OTOH with time a muslim majority state will force the muslims to stop playing a negative role and take on ACTUAL issues affecting them. Of course the hold of religious leaders must be broken. But that holds true irrespective of whether we split UP or not. I'm seeing a lot of negative attitudes from Sunni muslims all over India and such impractical attitude will only get them screw@d, and no sympathies from me...

OTOH with time a muslim majority state will force the muslims to stop playing a negative role and take on ACTUAL issues affecting them. Of course the hold of religious leaders must be broken. But that holds true irrespective of whether we split UP or not. I'm seeing a lot of negative attitudes from Sunni muslims all over India and such impractical attitude will only get them screw@d, and no sympathies from me...

The one Muslim majority state in the north doesn't inspire much confidence. Remember it was Muslims of UP who engineered the Partition.

I actually want a clear cut NDA majority.

anything less than that, and you will see markets tumbling.

Unlike many here, I have never been an absolute Modi fan (though over the campaign, I have grown to respect the effort he has put in), I hope for an clear NDA victory not because of ideological compatability but because the alternative is too horrible to consider. With the congress not in the picture, the thought of any other alternative is enough to send shivers down anyone's spine. I also do believe that irrespective of Mr. Modi's past (unlike others, no clean chit belief from me), he will do a fair job as PM if he has a decent majority.

Back
Top Bottom