What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Make KJP an NDA ally, Yeddyurappa writes to Advani

BANGALORE: Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa on Saturday put the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance in a bind with a request that his Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) be made its ally.

In a brief letter to NDA chairman LK Advani, he said: "We request you to consider us as an alliance party of NDA and involve us in all its deliberations by inviting the KJP to its meetings." Copies of the letter were sent to BJP's top leaders Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and Nitin Gadkari.

Though Yeddyurappa's request to come on board the NDA is not new, it brings to a halt, efforts being made by a section of the state BJP unit to convince the central leadership to readmit him into the party.

The team met party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, with whom Yeddyurappa has a good equation, to expedite the matter. In the BJP camp, it was almost certain that Yeddyurappa's re-entry was a matter of time, perhaps during Modi's visit to Bangalore in November.

In the letter, Yeddyurappa said that the KJP took the decision to support NDA and make Modi the PM at its executive committee meeting on September 19. To buttress his claim to be an ally, he said the KJP won six seats in the assembly elections, securing 10% of the total valid votes polled. The Election Commission had also recognized KJP as a regional party.

It is learnt that National People's Party president PS Sangma and Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy met Yeddyurappa and reportedly asked him to retain an identity of his own by keeping the KJP alive. The letter to Advani was drafted after Swamy's meeting with Yeddyurappa on Saturday morning in Bangalore.

BJP sources in New Delhi said "talks on alliances are not done by shooting off letters, there has to be a process". They added, "Advani will have to consult the party's national president and take the views of the parliamentary board. The letter only shows Yeddyurappa's desperation as his party is divided over returning to BJP."

Sources in Yeddyurappa's camp said: "If Advani rejects Yeddyurappa's request, the same thing will have to be done to many others like former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala who also wants to be part of NDA." Chautala, who heads the Indian National Lok Dal, is serving a jail term in the teachers' recruitment scam.

When contacted, former CM DV Sadananda Gowda said he met Modi and other leaders to end the confusion over whether Yeddyurappa would come into the party or be an alliance partner. "The state BJP's core committee has no objection to Yeddyurappa's return or be part of NDA. But a decision has to be taken so that the state BJP can go ahead with its organizational work," he added.

Make KJP an NDA ally, Yeddyurappa writes to Advani - The Times of India

his voice is really strong,
and meanwhile pappu's rallies are being cancelled in UP bcz of lack of audience :omghaha:
i just wish there should be a live debate between pappu and modi..the kind of thundering voice he has got , he would tear him down into two pieces.
Voice is just one thing..but see the content ,it is even better...always full of completely relevant and need of the hour national matters is what he talks about and that too everything is totally spontaneous...

The Crowd is not upto the Mark ... They cant understand most the things which Modiji has said ... these UPites never have heard a good speech about Development and Nationalism after Ataljis speeches 10 years back ...

BJP carders need to educate the People ... These people are more used to Caste and Religion based Speeches ...

But its good that Modiji has planned a total of 80 such rallies in UP... VHP should be silenced a bit ... and VHP should manage to get some A&& wooping from Akhilesh Government ... only then we can see a proper polarization and BJP wave ...

Put the Ayodhya issue on back burner till the election ...

In today's speech modi didn't talk much about governance or devlopment modi is shrewd enough to change his speech according to his auddiance ..he talked about poor some sentimental talks some bravado which UPites wants to hear ..I think the start is good let him address few more rallies :yahoo:

Have put in my suggestions- namely making a commitment for bringing the political parties under the ambit of the RTI and restructuring the red tape regime that has hampered the infrastructure sector (with a specific emphasis on major road projects in the border regions).

At least the BJP has provided an avenue, but having seen the perfidious nature of the political class of this nation across party lines I am not holding out much hope in these regards. Anyway, fingers crossed.
Don,t expect any political party to let themselves completely under the ambit of the RTI because RTI means complete liability to give answer to each and every question from the public...this if came in effect would make force you to reveal all your electoral strategies at macro as well as micro level...which is in my opinion not in the right spirit of a free and fair electoral contest between parties..
A possible alternative could be a separate act specially designed for political parties to bring 100% transparency in all their financial dealings and also in the assets and sources of the assets(this part is presently not there)of their office bearers as well as candidate and obviously the peoples representatives from their party.

In today's speech modi didn't talk much about governance or devlopment modi is shrewd enough to change his speech according to his auddiance ..he talked about poor some sentimental talks some bravado which UPites wants to hear ..I think the start is good let him address few more rallies :yahoo:

I think today's rally was somewhat average and modi didn't do some good homework as he was wayyyyy too busy in other programs chennai~early morning speech n all .

Hope he will do better next time .

Modi is no superman but one thing is FOR SURE , you won't find POLICY PARALYSIS and RED TAPE'ISM.

He is pretty much a super man if his acheivements are anything to go by.

Our 'secularists' are terribly scarred by the morbid thought of having to vote for Modi just because their great white hope 'rahul baba' turned out to be a dud and cambridge man MMS turned from 'singh is king' to 'gungi gudiya'.

After all those 2002 repeat telecast they now have the ignominy of having to swallow their hurbis and vote for Namo. One's heart bleeds for them. :lol:

Don,t expect any political party to let themselves completely under the ambit of the RTI because RTI means complete liability to give answer to each and every question from the public...this if came in effect would make force you to reveal all your electoral strategies at macro as well as micro level...which is in my opinion not in the right spirit of a free and fair electoral contest between parties..
A possible alternative could be a separate act specially designed for political parties to bring 100% transparency in all their financial dealings and also in the assets and sources of the assets(this part is presently not there)of their office bearers as well as candidate and obviously the peoples representatives from their party.

The most required thing is STABILITY not anti-corruption or some movement for change.

As india gain political stability for 20+ years ~ CLARITY will be there .

Once clarity is there corruption will be systematically removed .

I think today's rally was somewhat average and modi didn't do some good homework as he was wayyyyy too busy in other programs chennai~early morning speech n all .

Hope he will do better next time .

From how much I know modi he is more intelligent then any of us today he takes on SP and BSP together with congress so I think he is confidence enough to get mejority in UP on his own ;) if he hadbthought to Alliance with either SP or BSP he would not

Our 'secularists' are terribly scarred by the morbid thought of having to vote for Modi just because their great white hope 'rahul baba' turned out to be a dud and cambridge man MMS turned from 'singh is king' to 'gungi gudiya'.

After all those 2002 repeat telecast they now have the ignominy of having to swallow their hurbis and vote for Namo. One's heart bleeds for them. :lol:

More foreign countries are interested in gujrat then in any other states of india because of modi . Modi is visionary and has unique ideas and he can implement what he say ..

From how much I know modi he is more intelligent then any of us today he takes on SP and BSP together with congress so I think he is confidence enough to get mejority in UP on his own ;) if he hadbthought to Alliance with either SP or BSP he would not

What modi needs is new radical converts (Here radical means one who not only vote but push other 5 to vote for modi) to change the UP equation .

1.Speech was not of that standard to gain new converts,old rhetoric,have to improve .

2.He should Target SP heavily ,don't target BSP too much(can be a partner,will get u dalit ire) but don't show u r with dem.

3. According to most surveys Bjp is in 20's of electoral percentage in UP ,they need 10% more which is HUGE.

4.Don't push gujrat too much .

5.Give undercover statements to please core voters in 1 month or so .

Yes, shall perhaps post 2 or 3 more suggestions. COMPLETE implementation of the SC directive on police reforms and those enshrined in the Malimath committee report and Padmanabhaiah committee report. Implementation of the suggestion wrt the post of CDS made by the Arun Singh committee. Implementation of the Sarkaria commission recommendations wrt Center-state relations, something which Modi himself has talked about in brief once. There are a LOT of solutions out there, which our own committees and commissions formulated BUT they were NEVER implemented. The list is LONG. As I said fingers crossed. Lets see if Modi, if he wins, can be the true hard nosed reformer. Perhaps even India's Deng Xiaoping.
@Bang Galore One can always hope right? Got any suggestions?

You too, @Capt.Popeye?
Please do not expect a complete police reform,no matter which ever political party comes to power.
Simply because a totally reformed police is against the interest of the political class.They would like to always have some influence over the police force.We can expect a partial yet highly significant and also important police reforms in future but not the perfect or ideal one.The same goes with the CBI ,I don't think that any political party would give a completely free run to the CBI in fear of them later haunting the ruling class with this ultimate power

Regarding the Arjun Singh commitee report there were so many suggestion given in that and I think that the whole of it should be implemented and not just the creation of CDS position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Be a Realist not a bhakt ,modi will not be able to deliver in a weak government .

What modi needs is new radical converts (Here radical means one who not only vote but push other 5 to vote for modi) to change the UP equation .

1.Speech was not of that standard to gain new converts,old rhetoric,have to improve .

2.He should Target SP heavily ,don't target BSP too much(can be a partner,will get u dalit ire) but don't show u r with dem.

3. According to most surveys Bjp is in 20's of electoral percentage in UP ,they need 10% more which is HUGE.

4.Don't push gujrat too much .

5.Give undercover statements to please core voters in 1 month or so .

Modi knows that UP is a game changer he will not leave any stone unturned ;) he has radicle supporter like me and many others don't know if he has any in UP or Bihar .. But that's y I think he has send his best men AMITSHAH there..

Modi knows that UP is a game changer he will not leave any stone unturned ;) he has radicle supporter like me and many others don't know if he has any in UP or Bihar .. But that's y I think he has send his best men AMITSHAH there..

Have a clear thing in ur mind ~A Modi with 170 and Other with 200+ are two different people .

Modi has to appeal to new supporters ,fence sitters,people with no love for politics/politicians .

A good supporter never ever over estimates his leader .

Back
Top Bottom