What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Vajpayee was also good,popularity was nice and very much higher than sonia but ground realities were different .

BJP became anti poor and lost the election .

So be realistic .

Vajpayee was a stereotype brahmin politician who was an expert on foxy court intrigues and political manipulation. By the time he became 'leader' he was already too old and diminished by alcohol abuse. His sleeping on the job was the worst kept secret in the national media circles. It was Advani who really ran the govt. while vajpayee literally slept.

If it wasn't for Advani's campaign, hard work and grooming leaders like Modi, Vajpayee would never have become PM. It was the 'secular' media distortions and propaganda that instilled Vajpayee as PM instead of Advani.

Such a 'leaders' can never fight real battles in the ground and win empires. e.g. Arun Jaitley or Sushma Swaraj.

Modi is a true 'son of the soil'. He has spent his career in building the BJP from Ground Up. If you give him one finger, He will grab a hand. All people like Modi need is an 'opportunity'. They make their own luck and their own destiny. He is the modern day Chndragupta Maurya, risen from the common folks to become an emperor by his own sweat and blood.

I am being Realistic, I do not expect Modi to do miracles this time, but I hope to see that when given an opportunity, He could engineer the resurgence of BJP in non BJP states and set a firmer ground for the next election. That is what I am betting on.

Vajpayee was a stereotype brahmin politician who was an expert on foxy court intrigues and political manipulation. By the time he became 'leader' he was already too old and diminished by alcohol abuse. His sleeping on the job was the worst kept secret in the national media circles. It was Advani who really ran the govt. while vajpayee literally slept.

If it wasn't for Advani's campaign, hard work and grooming leaders like Modi, Vajpayee would never have become PM. It was the 'secular' media distortions and propaganda that instilled Vajpayee as PM instead of Advani.

Such a 'leaders' can never fight real battles in the ground and win empires. e.g. Arun Jaitley or Sushma Swaraj.

Modi is a true 'son of the soil'. He has spent his career in building the BJP from Ground Up. If you give him one finger, He will grab a hand. All people like Modi need is an 'opportunity'. They make their own luck and their own destiny. He is the modern day Chndragupta Maurya, risen from the common folks to become an emperor by his own sweat and blood.

I am being Realistic, I do not expect Modi to do miracles this time, but I hope to see that when given an opportunity, He could engineer the resurgence of BJP in non BJP states and set a firmer ground for the next election. That is what I am betting on.

What choice Indians have.

You have Rahul Gandhi who got where he is today by being a gandhi. And he keeps talking about abstract ideas which are nice to hear but won't put food on the table.

Modi is more pragmatic and he at least knows which direction the country should head.

Besides, what India needs is good governance.

Yes modi just need a chance belive me if he stays for just a year or two as a PM congress can kiss there's *** good bye because once modi come it will be very very difficult for others to come to power again ...by the way are u a gujju if yes where are u from.

Yes modi just need a chance belive me if he stays for just a year or two as a PM congress can kiss there's *** good bye because once modi come it will be very very difficult for others to come to power again ...by the way are u a gujju if yes where are u from.

Not a gujju, a mallu.

Then I think u have done your homework about modi well.. ;)

Its easy to win any argument when you deal with facts and the other side deal in rhetorics.

Most anti-Modi campaigns and manufactured opinions are only empty rhetoric's or opinions built on these rhetoric's. That is why they crumble when challenged.

Atalji was the Person who Made BJP with the Support of Sangha ... There is no dispute in this ... he has a very Big heart ... he tried to Fulfill all the promise made to the Hindu Nationalist ... Like Anti-Cow slaughter and article 360... But due to his minority government he couldn't do all...

It is said that ... One day Atalji finally decided to put the Anti-Cow Slaughter bill in Parliament ... he went with the bill to Mamta Banarjee for support ... she said that the second he puts that Bill in parliament she will remove support and she said who is he from denying her the right to kill Cow ... Dishearted he left and didnt introduce the bill...

He built the party with Blood and sweat ... He was visionary to plan things like Telecom revolution, Pardhan Mantri Grameen sadan yojna , Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan , Freedom of Information, providing huge financial assistance to the martyrs ( giving petroleum sale licences) ...

The plans he couldnt implement is Linking of rivers due to which still we are suffering from Floods... ya during the last years of NDA government he was too old and was name sake PM ... But BJP required him more then what he required BJP ... but people lost confidence in a PM who was not good at health ... If Advaniji was projected BJP had a chance that time...

Modji cant even match 1/10th of Ataljis shine ... if Modiji is Karna then Atalji is the Bheesma of politics ... there is no match between the both...

Even Advaniji is no less ... u people forget how he single handedly took the Rath yatras and tore down the BabriMasjid ... Great warrior...

Even if Modiji has 1/10 the vision of Atalji and 1/10 the valour of Advaniji then India is in safe hands ...

Its easy to win any argument when you deal with facts and the other side deal in rhetorics.

Most anti-Modi campaigns and manufactured opinions are only empty rhetoric's or opinions built on these rhetoric's. That is why they crumble when challenged.

But u know more about modi then its publicly available :yahoo:

Seriously- I hate BJP. But I think slandering Atal is uncalled for. He truly was a great leader. If only he had taken a sterner stand on the riots his legacy would have been unblemished.

Even if they somehow manage to put the numbers together, it will be very hard for them to stay in power for longer period of time. Afterall 3rd front is nothing but a game of PM-PM for the parties involved. Be it Mulayam or Nitish or Mayavati or Jayalalita... none of them will want to play second fiddle to the other one!

I wonder why it never occurs to you that if the BJP had put Nitish Kumar or even their own Chauhan as PM candidate they would have got the votes of most Indians, including myself.

Fielding Nitish kumar is not a bad idea.

Well WAY better than Rahul gandhi anyway

630xNxcj-181013urban-inner1-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.VYs4s7FQCb.jpg

Narendra Modi’s Solutions for an Urbanized India

Much has been written and widely reported that BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi does not offer any solutions and only reminds the nation of its problems. But what often goes unreported is the fact that he in his talks quite visibly outlines a vision in the form of solutions for a Transformed India.
A recent striking example was discernible at the National Summit on Inclusive Urban Development, where he laid out ‘solutionsfor an urbanized India.’
Select towns for solid waste management and waste water treatment
In order to adapt to the demands of the rapid urbanization, experts have often stated that two critical facets have to be adhered to which is solid waste management and waste water treatment.
In his talk, Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that in one of his meetings with the Prime Minister of India, he brought up the idea of identifying 500 towns in India, where solid waste management and waste water treatment could be implemented.
He stressed upon the fact that this will ensure that what is being produced in the citieswill be passed on to villages. Say for example fertilizers in the citiesproduced could be passed on villages for multiple purposes. This mutual relationship between the cities and the villages will never give rise to conflicts. This will ensure farmers and those living in the cities are also happy.
To this suggestion, the Prime Minister had responded saying that ‘The idea sounds good, please show us a pilot model and then present it to the planning commission‘, and as expected sadly it stopped there.
But the Gujarat government on its part has taken up 50 towns in the state and has embarked on initiatives like ‘Clean city, Green city’ in partnership with countries like Japan to implement solid waste management and waste water treatment.
Evolve social mechanisms to reduce inequality
In order to reduce inequality,Mr. Modi opined that one must focus on inclusive growth and there is no shortcut to it, while elaborating he said that we must identify the most backward areas in our cities and towns and make note if they indeed have their basic amenities in place. If they don’t thenthere is an urgent need to evolve social mechanisms which will help reduce inequality and ensure the basics like health, sanitation, education etc. reach those who have been deprived of the same.
Mr. Modi was spot on that there is a need to constantly reinvent and adapt to the growing demands of the world in order to reduce inequality.

Conserve natural resources
Citing the example of Mahatma Gandhi’s house in Porbandar, Mr. Modi said that it is a must that we conserve natural resources. The example transported everybody to Mahatma Gandhi’s house to visualize an infrastructure built more than 200 years ago used for rain water harvesting. It all the more came with a pinch, that when our ancestors took such great care of conserving natural resources more than 200 years ago, why cannot we do so now? , Mr. Modi asked
Focus on Human Resource Development
Mr. Modi stated that most of the urban activities are technical in nature, but the personnel who handle these jobs are often clerical by description. Therefore this poses as a serious limitation.
Thus the focus he said should be on opening universities on urban planning, urban infrastructure, urban development for the benefit of youngsters to learn the nuances in meeting the demands of urbanization. Indeed it is true, without manpower there would be no solution and if people have to play an integral role in democracy then getting the knowledge and putting it into action is by far the need of the hour.
Train Urban police
Citing the need for training urban police, Mr Modi emphasized that police personnel in urban areas require a specific kind of training to meet the demands of the law and order situation. Thus it becomes essential for both Central and state government to train urban police in view of the safety and security of its people.
Change the psyche of the people
Citing a striking example which resonated with the audience, Mr. Modi said how he made the widely acclaimed BRTS a huge success. A list of all top personalities, political leaders, bureaucrats, lawyers etc. was made and they were all asked to travel in the BRTS, why this the Chief Minister himself admitted that he also travelled by the BRTS.
Mr. Modi did not fall of explaining the logic behind it, by stating that while offering citizen centric services it is also important change the psyche of the people towards utilizing these services.
Well, applause was all that to follow, as the audience were gripped in attention in awe of an able leader.
Serve with a vision
In my opinion, what struck an emotional chord with all those present is the fact that Mr. Modi outlined a vision for all to serve towards.
Two very vital landmark dates were placed in front of the audience, one, August 15, 2022 when India will celebrate 75 years of Independence. He said that all of us must envision how our cities will be like when India celebrates 75 years of independence and persistently work towards it. This he reckoned will be a great contribution to this wonderful nation.
Secondly, October 2nd 2019 will be Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary, as our dedication we must work towards keeping our places clean and spread the message of cleanliness, which Mahatma Gandhi stood for. This will undoubtedly be a remarkable contribution to the father of our nation.
Each one of us should serve our nation with an intention to contribute significantly and leave a legacy for everyone to emulate, to substantiate this Mr. Modi said if a government is elected by the people for 5 years, then it should serve in such a way that there is a significant impact and that it leaves a legacy for others to emulate.
As was evident, the solutions resonated with every one of those present from 411 districts and 26 states of India, to the 50 plus international delegates, to the 134 mayors, deputy mayors, to the 22 plus municipal commissioners and deputy commissioners from various municipal corporations in the country.
Not only did they intently follow every word spoken, but admired a man of substance by even applauding with conviction and went back with a motivation that India has hope...

Atalji was the Person who Made BJP with the Support of Sangha ... There is no dispute in this ... he has a very Big heart ... he tried to Fulfill all the promise made to the Hindu Nationalist ... Like Anti-Cow slaughter and article 360... But due to his minority government he couldn't do all...

It is said that ... One day Atalji finally decided to put the Anti-Cow Slaughter bill in Parliament ... he went with the bill to Mamta Banarjee for support ... she said that the second he puts that Bill in parliament she will remove support and she said who is he from denying her the right to kill Cow ... Dishearted he left and didnt introduce the bill...

He built the party with Blood and sweat ... He was visionary to plan things like Telecom revolution, Pardhan Mantri Grameen sadan yojna , Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan , Freedom of Information, providing huge financial assistance to the martyrs ( giving petroleum sale licences) ...

The plans he couldnt implement is Linking of rivers due to which still we are suffering from Floods... ya during the last years of NDA government he was too old and was name sake PM ... But BJP required him more then what he required BJP ... but people lost confidence in a PM who was not good at health ... If Advaniji was projected BJP had a chance that time...

Modji cant even match 1/10th of Ataljis shine
... if Modiji is Karna then Atalji is the Bheesma of politics ... there is no match between the both...

Even Advaniji is no less ... u people forget how he single handedly took the Rath yatras and tore down the BabriMasjid ... Great warrior...

Even if Modiji has 1/10 the vision of Atalji and 1/10 the valour of Advaniji then India is in safe hands ...
It is unfair to say since he has never been a PM .........I feel that if he becomes the PM with an adequately strong and stable government ,then he will outshine Vajpayee & Advani within a few months...

Seriously- I hate BJP. But I think slandering Atal is uncalled for. He truly was a great leader. If only he had taken a sterner stand on the riots his legacy would have been unblemished.

I wonder why it never occurs to you that if the BJP had put Nitish Kumar or even their own Chauhan as PM candidate they would have got the votes of most Indians, including myself.

You love somebody or hate somebody that is your affair. I am not your shrink! Why tell me this ? Only reasons for voting for one or the other is relevant.

There was no slander against Atal, everything I said is true. I never said he was not a great leader, just that Advani was a much better PM material than him or that he became PM too late in life.

In fact one of the things that counts against him is his muddled stand with/against Modi. He clearly did not have the integrity to pick a side. Advani did.

The 'secularist' in India call such muddled thinking as being 'secular' and statesmanship. The reality is that he just did not have the courage to back his conviction. Whatever his conviction was, for Modi or against Modi.

This same muddled thinking was visible during his pakistan initiative, kargil, Kandahar hijacking too. No clarity, no principled stand on any issue.

Back
Top Bottom