What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Many state boards don't offer Hindi as a language option, our state board also doesn't, an extra language paper means additional cost for already cash crunched boards & schools, and our students are already over-burdened with studies, a 3rd language is not necessary.

Please tell me which other board does not offer Hindi option?

I like one thing most in Modi. His dedication. If he he takes one task in his hand, he will be behind that day and night. He will not rest till the task is achieved. Swami Ramdev has same quality.

Arvind Kejriwal slapped again while campaigning in Delhi

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It seems that now this will be the only reason for which he will get media coverage.

10253825_10154015381890311_4298497448125814956_n.jpg

By the time elections are over, Kejiriwal's cheeks will be as hard like steel by repeated slaps. Justice should be equal to all, Even those who manhandled the slapper after the incident should also be booked for taking law in their hands. :sick:

Congress to announce candidate for Varanasi today

New Delhi:The Congress is likely to announce its candidate for Varanasi Lok Sabhaseat on Tuesday, amid strong indications that Ajay Rai may get the party nod to take onNarendra Modi.

Rai is Congress MLA from Pindra near Varanasi and belongs to Bhumihar community. Former party MP from Varanasi, Rajesh Mishra, is the second name on the second name on what the party circles called the "final" short list.

The decision on the legislator shows that the party has not found any big name to cross sword with the BJP's prime ministerial candidate who seems the favourite in the eastern UP seat.

The constituency is thus set for a contest between Modi, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal and Rai besides the nominees of the Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.

Varanasi, a seat of Hindu pilgrimage and nerve centre of the volatile eastern UP politics, has become the focus of elections because of Modi's decision to contest here as his second constituency besides Vadodara in Gujarat. He reckons that his presence here would shore up BJP's chances in eastern UP region that has 32 Lok Sabha seats on offer.

While Kejriwal latched on Modi's announcement to stake his claim there, Congress has been hamstrung by the absence of a personality to take on the formidable saffron rival. It is after long brainstorming that the Congress has finalized its local candidate who was anyway the front-runner in its ranks to take on Modi.

While there has been a lot of talk about a common candidate of the "secular" front being fielded in Varanasi, it has not materialised because none of the parties would want to be seen as ceding space against Modi and instead would want to present itself as the principal voice against the Hindutva mascot.

This would end the biggest mystery in the Varanasi battle. The Congress delay in announcing the candidate had triggered speculation that the party could be looking for a "big" name like Karan Singh who was sent to contest against Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Lucknow.

Congress to announce candidate for Varanasi today - The Times of India

:butcher: :butcher: :butcher: :butcher:

10253825_10154015381890311_4298497448125814956_n.jpg

By the time elections are over, Kejiriwal's cheeks will be as hard like steel by repeated slaps. Justice should be equal to all, Even those who manhandled the slapper after the incident should also be booked for taking law in their hands. :sick:

It's quite amazing how HYPOCRISY these AAPtards are..........

The man who had thrown shoe on PC is made an AAP candidate, but one who slaps Kejriwal is beaten like this.

12:20pm- Modi concludes his speech with chants of ‘Vande Mataram’.

12:15am- Modi: I have come here with a message to serve you. We have seen their friendly fights. Now we want you to put your trust in us. Please vote for BJP and help BJP win 300 seats this time.

12:10am- Modi: Delhi is more interested in Defence Deals and not Defence Power of the nation that explains the problems we are facing. Across the entire nation, the Congress tally will not cross 3 digits.

12:05am- Modi: Have you taken any steps to increase ammunition that is required for our tanks? Why did the Navy chief resign? What is happening to the naval ships?

11:59am- Modi: What did Mr. AK Antony say in Parliament when our soldiers were killed? What you said made people in Pakistan happy. Mr. Antony, you are our Defence Minister, at least do something for us. I have some serious questions to PM, Sonia ji, Defence Minister on issue of India's security.

11:55am- Modi: I have a simple question in what jail are the Italian Marines, who killed our fishermen, put up? Today if you think Modi is bad for speaking for Kerala's fishermen then so be it. I will keep speaking on their behalf.

11:53am- Modi: Farmers are suffering due to Endosulfan. But the Centre did nothing. They neither took any step against the company nor for farmers. We have lot many fishermen. Technology can really help fishermen. We can help them earn more. Fishermen were killed by Italian Marines. Govt did nothing. Do PM, Kerala CM, Defence Minister have the courage to answer my questions on the killing of fishermen?

11:50am- Modi: Are the lives of those working abroad safe? Their passports are snatched, they don’t get leaves and they are exploited by their employers. Kerala's youth is facing problems and there is a very big Minister from Kerala in Delhi. Are those youth residing abroad getting help from him?

11:48am- Modi: If you look at the top 10 states that lead in crime against women then you’ll not find a single BJP ruled state. Kerala's youth is looking for jobs but the state cannot offer jobs to its youth.

11:45am- Modi: Kerala that was better known for tourism has now become nursery of terrorism. Land of tourism is getting converted into nursery of terrorism. It was considered a peaceful state but due to UDF-LDF this is changing.

[11:42am- Modi: Kerala's tourism sector has stagnated. There is so much scope for it to grow but nothing is happening on this front.

11:40am- Modi: Congress is like a watermelon. It is green from outside and red from inside. And the Left carries red flag only. Kerala is blessed with such an extensive coastline. It can provide salt to the entire nation if it so desires. Kerala can contribute a lot to the world- things like herbal medicines.

11:37am- Modi: This is God's Own Country but youth from Kerala are leaving the state. What is forcing them to do so? Reason behind Kerala decline is the friendly match between UDF and LDF. They have an unwritten agreement - UDF then LDF then UDF then LDF.

11:33am-
Modi: No one imagined that even in this part of Kerala there is so much enthusiasm for the BJP rally. I came here recently and I was touched by the affection shown by the people. I was convinced that good days for Kerala are on way.

11:30am- Modi begins his speech in Kasaragod

8:00am- Police personnel in large numbers deployed at the rally venue in Kasaragod of Kerala.

Top 7 Reasons Why India Needs a Uniform Civil Code

The proponents of a uniform civil code have been campaigning for it even before the independence of India. India has always been a place of many colors and spices and before independence in 1947 it would have been hard to point out what constituted India. Reasons Why India Needs a Uniform Civil CodeFighting the British rule and winning our independence also helped in creating this nation we call India. It was known even at that time that to further unite India and make it a truly secular nation we would need a uniform civil code. But even after 66 years of independence we haven’t been able to do this.

The reasons for why this has not been done are complex and a different topic on its own but it all boils down to political will. Politicians have always found it beneficial to play vote bank politics and try to appease different castes and groups instead of attempting to integrate our nation. Instead of focusing on the negative let’s focus on the positive and talk about the reasons why we do need a uniform civil code.

It Promotes Real Secularism

What we have right now in India is selective secularism which means that in some areas we are secular and in others we aren’t. A uniform civil code means that all citizens of India have to follow the same laws whether they are Hindus or Muslims or Christians or Sikhs. This sounds fair and secular to me. A uniform civil code doesn’t mean it will limit the freedom of people to follow their religion, it just means that every person will be treated the same. That’s real secularism.

All Indians Should be Treated Same

Right now we have personal laws based on particular religions, which means that while Muslims can marry multiple times in India, a Hindu or a Christian will be prosecuted for doing the same. This doesn’t seem like equality to me. All the laws related to marriage, inheritance, family, land etc. should be equal for all Indians. This is the only way to ensure that all Indians are treated same.

It will Give More Rights to the Women

A uniform civil code will also help in improving the condition of women in India. Our society is extremely patriarchal and misogynistic and by allowing old religious rules to continue to govern the family life we are condemning all Indian women to subjugation and mistreatment. A uniform civil code will help in changing these age old traditions that have no place in today’s society where we do understand that women should be treated fairly and given equal rights.

Every Modern Nation Has it

A uniform civil code is the sign of modern progressive nation. It is a sign that the nation has moved away from caste and religious politics. While our economic growth has been the highest in the world our social growth has not happened at all. In fact it might be right to say that socially and culturally we have degraded to a point where we are neither modern nor traditional. A uniform civil code will help the society move forward and take India towards its goal of becoming a developed nation.

Personal Laws Are a Loop Hole

The various personal laws are basically a loop hole to be exploited by those who have the power. Our panchayats continue to give judgments that are against our constitution and we don’t do anything about it. Human rights are violated through honor killings and female foeticide through out our country. By allowing personal laws we have constituted an alternate judicial system that still operates on thousands of years old values. A uniform civil code would change that.

It Will Help in Reducing Vote Bank Politics

A uniform civil code will also help in reducing vote bank politics that most political parties indulge in during every election. If all religions are covered under the same laws, the politicians will have less to offer to certain minorities in exchange of their vote. Not having a uniform civil code is detrimental to true democracy and that has to change.

It Will Integrate India

A uniform civil code will help in integrating India more than it has ever been since independence. A lot of the animosity is caused by preferential treatment by the law of certain religious communities and this can be avoided by a uniform civil code. It will help in bringing every Indian, despite his caste, religion or tribe, under one national civil code of conduct.

Solution for every problem for Arvind Kejriwal - DHARNA!!!!

Someone slapped me - Do a Dharna.

I am in the Govt. & not able to fulfill my own promises - Do a Dharna.

Modiji will win the elections easily - I'll do a Dharna.

Momma slapped me - I'll do a Dharna.

Bunty not Playing with me - I'll do a Dharna.

Dharna all the way................

Mamata defies EC, refuses to transfer eight SPs and DMs

Election Commission may cancel polls in parts of Bengal if Mamata defies transfer orders

West Bengal govt urges EC to reconsider transfer order

She got a taste of EC :rofl::rofl:

Why's should all people of WB be deprived of their Democratic right just because of one crazy bitch. EC should go just simply ban TMC from contesting this election and go ahead with the polls in WB.

Back
Top Bottom