What's new

Indian pilots will fly Russian FIFTH GENERATION FIGHTERS

Pls ellaborate it, what recent evidence ?

For one, the Chinese have deployed active phased array radars aboard aircraft far earlier than did the Russians. The same holds true in the realm of combat aircraft. The supply chain for such systems also tips heavily in China's favor; there are multiple institutions (at least 3) in China that are building numerous iterations of such systems. This promotes inter-corporate competition, a luxury that Russian counterparts do not currently possess. Another supporting observation is, of course, the decision to adopt Chinese avionics/electronics/optronics on all aircraft following the Su-30MKK/2, despite having access to high-end Russian equivalents.

Most of the Systems was developed by USSR, and many subsystems are spread in many states, which are now independent countries, and Just show me what licensing did Chinese took for J-16 and J-15.

My post was speaking in context of the 1970-90s.

I means, that a simple nod by the leader of that party, is the final decision, and no one can challenge it. And when we talk of Indo-China that it means India-PRC Party, because in india Parties can change, but not the country.

It's never that simple in R&D institutes, or even in the armaments department of a military. There will always be internal debate and, sometimes, infighting even over the most petty of issues.

Dude, did you ever realized, why Russia don't fear of such things with India, and is ready to give S-500, PAK FA, even when India have good relationship with the Western world. Why Russia didn't fear, when IAF took its SU-30MKI for Red flag exercise in U.S.A. Why Russia didn't fear, when IAF giving all insight and tactics and training to the Israeli Airforce pilots to fight MIG-29. Why russia didn't bothered for India to give its nuclear Sub. which India could pass its information to the U.S and the western world.

That argument falls apart as it's apparent that the Russian exporters were so much more enthusiastic about selling than the Chinese were about purchasing. Note how there is almost zero Chinese response whenever reports of the alleged Su-35s go viral.

Answer it and You will get the answer.

I wasn't under the impression that your post was a question.

Yeah Mass production in 2020, then why needed SU-35, the question still remains

And BTW this is not the thread to discuss those unrelated stuff, and keep discussion to FGFA, and IAF.

Any reason why you believe the purchase was a result of a "need"

Since you want evidence for everything why don't you backup your statement ???
How do you know Chinese tech in engine , radar , avionics is better than Russian.
Plz enlighten me. M all ears

How is refuting a claim that Russian engines/radars/avionics are superior to Chinese ones tantamount to a claim of the inverse? Please enlighten me.

this will take time the russains are yet to begine lrip which will take place later this year
and induction in 2018. as for india??? they will fly the fgfa as thats what they are buying/developing they can
fly that.
the j-20 is literally around the corner just go to the chinese section to find out more.
the j-31...... news on that will brew mid/late next year for the pakistanis the v2 will make an apperance this year
SU_50_Evolution.jpg

theres one thing irking me.... would russia give india the full fat version providing that india is leaning towards the usa and the posibilities of the usa and its allies having access to it would infuriate russia? so i think they will get an advanced version but it would not be to russain specs specailly in regrd to the rcs coating.

Russia can not and will not sell India a cut down version of the Su-50

afterall the primary customer is India.

India could right now pull out of the Pak-FA and the project is dead. no more funding from India and no big order for the Su-50.

The legend returns:devil:
On topic,great news.The pakfa is really important for us and i just hope we donot screw it up like we did in case of rafales.

When rafale deal was gonna be signed i was one of the few members who advocated against rafale due to high costs.And in the end was eventually proven right.Not to take anything away its still the best 4.5 gen fighter available.

Russia can not and will not sell India a cut down version of the Su-50

afterall the primary customer is India.

India could right now pull out of the Pak-FA and the project is dead. no more funding from India and no big order for the Su-50.

Its india that generally wants more western components and opts for those.But in case of pakfa i dont think its possible as the 5 th generation sensor fusion is a different ball game.No other country would be willing to help imho and its too much of an effort really.

How is refuting a claim that Russian engines/radars/avionics are superior to Chinese ones tantamount to a claim of the inverse? Please enlighten me.
For Engine simple enough. You guys are still using Russian engines. You WS-xx aren't near.
For radar and avionics, m not expert but will follow the rule "show me or you don't have it"
You expect us to believe your claim which you govt too not claiming ( for whatever reasons) and want us to prove otherwise???? Great.

why the chinese always look for su series jets from russia?? why didnt they got mig 29 series to reverse engineer ??

Brother I agree u got all ur birds in service on time couse u have a genies record in copy n reverse eng...but the question in my mind raise plezz help me to find...:yahoo:

RU sure those birds PLAAF fly :pleasantry:?? Couse I have a dought when I see JF-17/C-7 which u gave to others...not a single bird in ur PLAAF...mai be some time reverse eng doesn't work.:moil:

U said we dreams a lot... :whistle:Yes we dream to achieve the first country to be on Mars in single shot...no matter with sanctions from others country we got 30yrs to get our Tejas in service now...:dance3:

:cheers::cheers:

Conversely speaking, why would China need only 24 aircraft if its technology and capabilities were so much superior, if at all?
to copy and steal @@ and 24 is minimum respectable number china can order !.

Good news for us Fanboys. In future Indian Armed forces will have 3 different Gen-5 aircrafts. FGFA + AMCA for IAF and F-35 for IN.

to copy and steal @@ and 24 is minimum respectable number china can order !.

Stereotypes aside, there isn't really anything aboard the Su-35 that they don't have.

For Engine simple enough. You guys are still using Russian engines. You WS-xx aren't near.

The service record of Russian engines is indeed something few nations can match, but whether that factor alone warrants the purchase of an entire aircraft is another debate.

For radar and avionics, m not expert but will follow the rule "show me or you don't have it"

Fair enough; then show what the Russians have that the Chinese don't and perhaps the "Russian XYZ are superior to Chinese XYZ" proposition may finally hold some water.

You expect us to believe your claim which you govt too not claiming ( for whatever reasons) and want us to prove otherwise???? Great.

Frankly, it doesn't matter whose claim you believe in: mine or that of the other member who claimed that Russian avionics/engines/electronics are "superior" without so much as a shred of explanation.

Yo

u are contradicting yourself. You are right on no one share their top tech with others. Same go for Russia, USA & India too. Russia isn't giving their version to us they are deriving it from their's. Which will include our fine touches. So you are saying we will share it with USA ??? Why ??? Are they exchanging F-22 for that :rofl: o think not !! They won't. So india won't too

No I'm not contradicted myself, before Russia almost monopolized the Indian military market (70%) and 0% US, now it's difference India buy more and more American's weapon, you think US is not interested of Russia's stealth fighter? sure Russia will not give their version of PAK/ FA but both Indian and Russia next generation fighter share common Stealth technology, if US can't get it from Russia, India will be the target and I did not say that India will share it with US but it can compromise Russia security, and that why Russia is dragging the feet and put more bargain on the table.

this will take time the russains are yet to begine lrip which will take place later this year
and induction in 2018. as for india??? they will fly the fgfa as thats what they are buying/developing they can
fly that.
the j-20 is literally around the corner just go to the chinese section to find out more.
the j-31...... news on that will brew mid/late next year for the pakistanis the v2 will make an apperance this year
SU_50_Evolution.jpg

theres one thing irking me.... would russia give india the full fat version providing that india is leaning towards the usa and the posibilities of the usa and its allies having access to it would infuriate russia? so i think they will get an advanced version but it would not be to russain specs specailly in regrd to the rcs coating.

That's what I'm trying to get at, Russia is re-evaluate their relation with India by considering US's factor, people here seems don't understands, if India is still Russia's best friend as in 90s, then I think there is no issue, Russia will be eager to sell even most advance version of exported PAK-FA to India but today situation is different:rofl:

Brother if everything is in corner then tell me why they r buying SU-35 ????...:meeting: :drag:

We're buying SU-35 to balance Russia's trade deficit with China. And Russia is willing to sell SU-35 to China better than what Sukoi series in India's inventory to send a strong message to India that they can play China's card when India play US's card.:wave:

Still Why would China need a mere 24 aircraft of Su-35s if the Chinese have made their own super duper aircraft?

Because that's what we need, buy more is just waste our tax payer's money, we're not India that you can shop spree with your tax payer's money :D, and our super duper Chini Su-35 is call J-11D

Dude a a low number means the Chinese wanna copy/reverse engineer the Su-35s too, the Russians knows these things are going to happen.:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

There are fears China’s decision to procure only 24 fighters indicates an intention to reverse engineer and copy the fighter, as it did with the Su-27SK. In 1995, China secured a $2.5 billion production license deal from Russia to build 200 Su-27SKs, dubbed the J-11A. In 2006, Russia killed the contract after 95 aircraft when it discovered China had reverse engineered the aircraft and was covertly manufacturing an indigenous variant, the J-11B, with Chinese-built avionics and weapons.

There are also fears China will want the Su-35’s sophisticated engine, the Saturn AL-117S, for its J-20 stealth fighter. The engine is also outfitted on Russia’s T-50 stealth fighter.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...al-raises-reverse-engineering-issue/76102226/

You're such mind reader :D

And yet despite the so called "low Quality" you still manage to copy those planes and fail miserably.

As matter of fact, you're right:haha: but regardless we're able to make some toys out of these low quality version of SU-27 to entertain our pilot on Tibet sky which it's not bad at all.:sarcastic:

Last edited:
No I'm not contradicted myself,
You are
before Russia almost monopolized the Indian military market (70%) and 0% US,
True
now it's difference India buy more and more American's weapon,
Cause India can buy and Russia don't have what India need
you think US is not interested of Russia's stealth fighter?
Yes they are. And what make you think they don't want Su-30MKI we operate??? Is India going to share its top notch with USA and why ???? Is China going to give Pak their version of J-20 ???
sure Russia will not give their version of PAK/ FA
nobody does
but both Indian and Russia next generation fighter share common Stealth technology, if US can't get it from Russia, India will be the target
And what will make India do so ??? You seem to forget Indian policy. We are not blind followers
and I did not say that India will share it with US
you are saying that !!!
but it can compromise Russia security,
Indian track record say otherwise. And Russians know it
and that why Russia is dragging the feet and put more bargain on the table.
They are not dragging the feet. They are more than ready. It's indian side that is processding with caution. IAF want firm assurance prior to comitte.

That's what I'm trying to get at, Russia is re-evaluate their relation with India by considering US's factor,
Well then you know nothing Jon Snow :rofl: shift is due to Russian side past blunders and their inability to deliver what India want. They simply don't have a product to match US. But where tegu have they got the order

people here seems don't understands, if India is still Russia's best friend as in 90s, then I think there is no issue, Russia will be eager to sell even most advance version of exported PAK-FA to India but today situation is different:rofl:
No permanent friends or enemies!!!! Permanent intetests only. Period.

Russia is leaned towards China and Pak to counter USA. That doesn't mean they are against India. In case of conflict they at most will remain neutral than take side. Their interests. We have no problems with it.

India is leaning towards USA and west to counter China and fill up techno gap. That doesn't mean we are against Russia. Crima is proof of what I said.

Far stretch situation, India and Russia will be just customer-buyers. But will never will be enemies. We don't have any reason to

With Indo-US military cooperation, I don't think Russia want to risk their cooperation regarding this front line fighter with India that can compromise Russia national security, future will tell how much India will get out of this FGFA

New establishment and new government, This is not the UPA government who drag's it feet, This is the NDA + BJP government under Modi. MMRCA finalized and procurement of rafeales within a year in office. All deadlocks broken. it will not be the same case with the FGFA. I thought you were well versed in the Geo political space of the sub Continent, i guess not.

Goof Admission: Inshort India is heavily dependent on Foreign military hardware (so called supa pooooowaaa) :rofl:

Yes yes, and Pakistan will be forever begging with a bowl for a handful of fighters, replicated of old Chinese junk, and holding hand's claiming friendship higher than mountains and deeper than oceans, blah blah blah!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom