What's new

Indian pilots will fly Russian FIFTH GENERATION FIGHTERS

Even if China induct J20, it doesn't mean they will deploy them on India’s border. India china border isn't hostile.
Major threat to china comes from South China Sea. First deployment will be there with couple of squadrons. Even if they deploy them in Tibet, in the beginning, Rafales will be enough to counter them.
Wont matter where they deploy...as if hostilities broke they will be used against us and we will not have much of a counter...so have no doubts that our deal is going to go in fire fighting mode should IAF is convinced time is running out for them!!

this will take time the russains are yet to begine lrip which will take place later this year
and induction in 2018. as for india??? they will fly the fgfa as thats what they are buying/developing they can
fly that.
the j-20 is literally around the corner just go to the chinese section to find out more.
the j-31...... news on that will brew mid/late next year for the pakistanis the v2 will make an apperance this year
SU_50_Evolution.jpg

theres one thing irking me.... would russia give india the full fat version providing that india is leaning towards the usa and the posibilities of the usa and its allies having access to it would infuriate russia? so i think they will get an advanced version but it would not be to russain specs specailly in regrd to the rcs coating.

this will take time the russains are yet to begine lrip which will take place later this year
and induction in 2018. as for india??? they will fly the fgfa as thats what they are buying/developing they can
fly that.
the j-20 is literally around the corner just go to the chinese section to find out more.
the j-31...... news on that will brew mid/late next year for the pakistanis the v2 will make an apperance this year
SU_50_Evolution.jpg

theres one thing irking me.... would russia give india the full fat version providing that india is leaning towards the usa and the posibilities of the usa and its allies having access to it would infuriate russia? so i think they will get an advanced version but it would not be to russain specs specailly in regrd to the rcs coating.
FGFA will be made according to Indian requirements as agreed. Also regarding stealth, Its expected to be more stealthier as India has demanded a total 45 improvements on T-50s( and many improvements are to make it even more stealthy along with other Indian specific requirements). In short, FGFA will be 'MKI' variant of Pak-Fa.

Wont matter where they deploy...as if hostilities broke they will be used against us and we will not have much of a counter...so have no doubts that our deal is going to go in fire fighting mode should IAF is convinced time is running out for them!!

Its True, they'll use their J20 in case of hostilities.
But India will be well prepared before that happens. Let's not underestimate Rafales, it's a 4++ generation with 5th generation avionics. ELTA2052 AESA will be here to track em, on the ground we will have S400 SAM long range and Barak 8 SAM medium range. We should have all of these by 2018/19 at the most by 2020. So no need to worry bro.

fly that.
SU_50_Evolution.jpg

India has distant itself from Russia and it bothers me too.
But When we get FGFA, we'll change a lot of things. I just hope we get full engines TOT.
India from the beginning wanted French and Israeli avionics.
RAM for RCS reduction we'll get from France. So no worries there.

Its True, they'll use their J20 in case of hostilities.
But India will be well prepared before that happens. Let's not underestimate Rafales, it's a 4++ generation with 5th generation avionics. ELTA2052 AESA will be here to track em, on the ground we will have S400 SAM long range and Barak 8 SAM medium range. We should have all of these by 2018/19 at the most by 2020. So no need to worry bro..
Sorry but you have got so many assumptions going....If rafael is good enough to deal with 5th generation AC then what is the need of the 5th generation fighter jet at all?? Let's not mix the roles of two..both rafael and FGFA have specific roles in IAF planning...

Sorry but you have got so many assumptions going....If rafael is good enough to deal with 5th generation AC then what is the need of the 5th generation fighter jet at all?? Let's not mix the roles of two..both rafael and FGFA have specific roles in IAF planning...
For the very simple reason. No one stop developing!!!!
Rafael is good enoght for J-20 today. That doesn't mean China will stop developing. So we have too.

Same reason why Jets developed from 1st generation to 5th and may go on. You need to keep up. Everybody does that

Brother if everything is in corner then tell me why they r buying SU-35 ????...:meeting: :drag:

If they are buying Su-35s, that is. The latest report implied that the deal has yet to be signed.

Furthermore, a mere quantity of 24 aircraft, rumors that they will be retrofitted with Chinese avionics, and continued testing of the J-11D, suggest that capability and technology were not the driving forces.

If they are buying Su-35s, that is. The latest report implied that the deal has yet to be signed.

Furthermore, a mere quantity of 24 aircraft, rumors that they will be retrofitted with Chinese avionics, and continued testing of the J-11D, suggest that capability and technology were not the driving forces.

Still Why would China need a mere 24 aircraft of Su-35s if the Chinese have made their own super duper aircraft?

Still Why would China need a mere 24 aircraft of Su-35s if the Chinese have made their own super duper aircraft?

Conversely speaking, why would China need only 24 aircraft if its technology and capabilities were so much superior, if at all?

Conversely speaking, why would China need only 24 aircraft if its technology and capabilities were so much superior, if at all?

So are you implying that the j-20 and j-31 are not yet up to its task?.

I thought one of the members said they are literally around the corner. so I was wondering why would Chinese need a mere 24 fighter

to copy paste, coz they are stuck smwhere and despite propaganda the aerospace capabilities are lesser than russians .

If we had a dime for every reference to a stereotype that was made here, we'd have enough $ to buy a Su-35.

These are NOT assumptions at all, its reality. Rafale is 4++ generation jet, right? The only thing that Rafale lacks is VLO, other than that it's most likely better in avionics and weapons package than j-20.

I didn't mix up the roles, only stating that, if needed, it can take on J20.
Rafale is a multirole strike fighter and FGFA is a air superiority fighter. Both fighters will have separate roles in IAF.

So are you implying that the j-20 and j-31 are not yet up to its task?.

I thought one of the members said they are literally around the corner. so I was wondering why would Chinese need a mere 24 fighter

A low number suggests that the Su-35s are not meant to replace or even complement any existing fighter. A purchase of 100+ airframes, as what happened with the Su-30MKK, would speak of something else.

it's most likely better in avionics and weapons package than j-20.

And what is this assertion based on?

I didn't mix up the roles, only stating that, if needed, it can take on J20.

And the J-10C can take on the PAK FA, if needed. See how easy it is to propose theses without deliberation?

Last edited:
A low number suggests that the Su-35s are not meant to replace or even complement any existing fighter. A purchase of 100+ airframes, as what happened with the Su-30MKK, would speak of something else.

Dude a a low number means the Chinese wanna copy/reverse engineer the Su-35s too, the Russians knows these things are going to happen.:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

There are fears China’s decision to procure only 24 fighters indicates an intention to reverse engineer and copy the fighter, as it did with the Su-27SK. In 1995, China secured a $2.5 billion production license deal from Russia to build 200 Su-27SKs, dubbed the J-11A. In 2006, Russia killed the contract after 95 aircraft when it discovered China had reverse engineered the aircraft and was covertly manufacturing an indigenous variant, the J-11B, with Chinese-built avionics and weapons.

There are also fears China will want the Su-35’s sophisticated engine, the Saturn AL-117S, for its J-20 stealth fighter. The engine is also outfitted on Russia’s T-50 stealth fighter.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...al-raises-reverse-engineering-issue/76102226/

Dude a a low number means the Chinese wanna copy/reverse engineer the Su-35s too, the Russians knows these things are going to happen.:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Which is another unfounded assumption based on a hackneyed and rather-obsolete stereotype.

There are fears China’s decision to procure only 24 fighters indicates an intention to reverse engineer and copy the fighter, as it did with the Su-27SK. In 1995, China secured a $2.5 billion production license deal from Russia to build 200 Su-27SKs, dubbed the J-11A. In 2006, Russia killed the contract after 95 aircraft when it discovered China had reverse engineered the aircraft and was covertly manufacturing an indigenous variant, the J-11B, with Chinese-built avionics and weapons.

A couple of mistakes with this: (1) the J-11A is not the same as the vanilla Su-27SK that was delivered to China (first in kits, then fully built in China) but rather a further-upgraded variant, and (2) it was the Chinese who chose to discontinue the production of the J-11A in prospects of a new J-11B variant.

There are also fears China will want the Su-35’s sophisticated engine, the Saturn AL-117S, for its J-20 stealth fighter. The engine is also outfitted on Russia’s T-50 stealth fighter.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...al-raises-reverse-engineering-issue/76102226/

Despite all the alleged "fears" of potential reverse-engineering, it seems that the Russian side is far more eager to sell its ever-popular Su-35 than the Chinese are willing to purchase.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom