Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
Well, if u see London Olympics only on the no. of medals we have won than it's certainly disappointing, i expected at least 1 more medal from boxing, 2 more medals from shooting, 1 medal from archery, 1 medal from tennis, that means we are at least 4 medal short of what we should have been.

but, if u see the change in perception & mindset of Indian athletes & population at large, i can assure u that London Olympics have bring a tectonic shift. Now the Indian Olympians are not satisfied with just participating they really want to win medals, look at the face of Vijender, he surely was disappointed that he could not win a medal even though he reached QF's of the category, similarly the archers, tennis men & women, etc. Not only this the medal winners are also not satisfied with the color of there medal, Mary said sorry for not winning gold even though her bronze medal win was a true accomplishment in itself.

& just see the change in mindset of Indian population, once the population who got satisfied for 1 bronze is not even satisfied with 4 medals!!! They are making the medal winners a heroes on the lines of cricket players. So yes there is certainly a change, don't look at the medals tally, b'coz i m sure now in 2016 & in future we will have exponential growth in the medal tally.

+ what these medal wins will bring:

Gagan Narang has a shooting academy where we will get many more narangs in the future ( so 1 medal winner narang will bring 100 more in olympics)

Mary will open a bigger boxing academy in Manipur ( so if we are getting men boxing team from bhivani than we will get future women boxing teams from Manipur)

Saina Nehwal has opened the floodgates for lots & lots of people who aspire to take up badminton as a career.

Vijay Kumar has shown that a person from a humble background can also bring olympic medals.

+ Since all the four medal winners are associated with Olympic Gold Quest, u can expect many more OGQ's to be formed in India in the near future, & the original OGQ will be now much bigger & better.

I second on that but I think the trigger came from Beijing Olympic and expectation grew this time. This Hunger for medals will surely continue in future. We as Indian also started giving respect to other sports like Shooting, Badminton, TT, Boxing and wrestling etc. Now even parents are ready for sending their kids for training in such games. These medals change perception and attitude and give a big boost to sports development in India. I would like to see multiple sports academies all over India.

Devendro will not win.
Sushil Kumar will not win
Geeta Phogat will not win
Yogeshwar Dutt will not win
Amit Kuamr will not win
Narsingh Yadav will not win
Tintu Luka will not win

Whatever I am expecting going wrong. Vijender lost. Mary lost. Let's try this :D

He he we play this game when we were kids. Indian cricket team used to lose when we expect so we start shouting "India should lose" and then we sometimes win. :D

where is everyone??

It Devendro's bout guys!! Lets hope he will win *fingers crossed*

wtf!!!!!is this ******* joke???????

Irsih boxer have been given 2 point lead????

**** warning issued to devendro!!!! iwtf!!!!!!!

Its total partiality!!!!

Nevertheless...watching Devendro is fun...he is giving it all in 3rd round. Bright future ahead for this kid.

Fair enough, the Indian threw a lot of punches but most of them were blocked. Won the 3rd round but it wasn't enough.

lost.....I cant say more than that, the Olympics journey is almost over( except wrestling) and even though this is our richest haul I am not feeling satisfied.

is that called Olympic??

I am thankful to god that i am not a British..

Proud to be an indian..

The guy is only 20, will do well in future, fair result, the Irish guy played well in the first 2 rounds.

He was more aggressive but less accurate. one thing i didn't u'stand that paddy has been given warning no point cut but for Devendro it was direct point cut.

That guy in red corner looks like Drug Addict!!

As expected Drug addict won!!

F@#k yeah! It's London olympics!!!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom