Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
i was hoping vikas can bring a medal but he dissapointed.... Today its mary kom and devendro match.... i hope atleast one can win.... i doubt mary kom can because she facing brit.... Our all hopes are on sushil kumar.... Wrestling starting from 9th august.... Am sure our luck will change....

@royal yes its tomarrow 2am.... Its on 8th august england time but in india it will be 9th august morning 2am....

By the way mary kom coach from india told her to just attack and attack the brit boxer because judges will be on Nicola's side.... He told exactly what i predicted.... He told her that match will be decided in very first round where nicola will take healthy lead even when she wont throw punches.... Till now what i saw is anyone who took lead in first round always won.... Mary kom will be alone fighting against nicola, refree and judges.... Very sad....

i was hoping vikas can bring a medal but he dissapointed.... Today its mary kom and devendro match.... i hope atleast one can win.... i doubt mary kom can because she facing brit.... Our all hopes are on sushil kumar.... Wrestling starting from 9th august.... Am sure our luck will change....

@royal yes its tomarrow 2am.... Its on 8th august england time but in india it will be 9th august morning 2am....

Matlab aaj raat nahi hai bout ? I thought its today after half an hour!!

isro: mens 64-69kg cat boxing at 2.30 am according to IST.
and womens at 6.15 pm
and mens under 49kg at 9-8-12 1.15am

@danger007 thats what i saw just now.... But they showing that mary kom bout is at 5.45pm indian time 8th august.... And devendro bout at 1.10am indian time 9th august morning....

Fast and fearless Devendro in the ring today

Two seasons ago, a wrist injury stopped Devendro Singh from doing what comes most naturally to him after breathing — throwing fast punches. In days to follow, while undergoing rehab to strengthen the strained ligament, the boxer was instructed by physiotherapist Dr Nikhil Latey to dig deep, literally. Devendro found a way: kneeling down next to a long jump pit, the boxer would dig out fistfuls of sand for several minutes, pitting his knuckles, nerves and sinews against every defiant granule.

The hard work is paying off, for Laishram Devendro Singh’s punches are now the talk of the town in London. They come fast and furious. They come without fear of reputation. And he sends them down, quite simply because he can boast of that impressive work rate. “He’s extremely unorthodox and has a rare speed talent. He throws four-five punches in succession, when others normally employ a combination of one-two or three at most,” says Indian Boxing Federation general secretary P K Muralidharan Raja, also India’s chef-de-mission here.

Rapid hits

In fact, in one of the earliest tests that doctors put him through, Devendro threw no less than 74 punches on a (non-responding) punch bag in 10 seconds, just to underline his rapid hits. As the only remaining Indian male boxer in contention, Devendro is now under the spotlight in 49 kg, though admittedly not under too much pressure, for he rarely bothers glancing at seedings and rankings and past performance.

His quarterfinal opponent, Irishman Paddy Barnes, is a boisterous young man from Belfast, who says Usain Bolt wanted his autograph in the Games Village and loudly guffaws when he gets the desired reaction. Quite simply, with all the travelling Irish fans for support, and the locals loving his showboating, Devendro is up against an intimidating rival.

The trash-talking apart, Paddy is an accomplished and fierce boxer. Just as well then that the Manipuri is not the sort to mull too much over the Irishman’s CV. “No one can tell what Devendro will do in the ring, and he’s even more unpredictable and fierce when he gets angry, for he likes to do the hitting,” says coach G S Sandhu.

In the World Championship, his first international event during which he qualified for the Games, he beat a Mexican boxer by an Indian record margin of 40 points. In his first-round win here, the referee had to stop the contest to stop the Honduran boxer from being beaten to pulp.

All out attack

That attitude comes with its disadvantages too, as Dr Latey points out. “The wrist injury happened because of a muscle imbalance, where he’d over-worked his active wrist. Sometimes you have to rein him back from over-training because he can’t stop once he starts punching,” he says.

When reputations — to defend and defeat — are proving to be quite a wretched burden for Indian boxers, Devendro offers an option of going all-out, minus worry or fear.

Fast and fearless Devendro in the ring today - Indian Express

Every boxer who is attacking and aggressive been famous over night.... Be it manny pac or mike tyson.... Devendro if keep playing like this he will be super star of boxing for not only india but also world.... Mary kom been 5 time world champion because she a attacker and aggressive. Devendro can become a superstar if he keep attacking. 40 points lead against mexican boxer in past shows what devendro capable of.... he hope he wins. He going to face irish boxer who champion and 2nd seed.... He famous for defence and use to practice with devendro.... He says devendro very aggressive but he knows how to tackle devendro punches.... While mary kom i dont hope much because she up against brit boxer.... Brits wants to be at 2nd spot in medals tally. So they will do anything to be at 2nd spot.... They need medals and boxing is easy way to cheat and earn medals.... But still best of luck to our Mary Kom. She did india proud already.

@danger no.... Tintu luka fast but there are 7 other who are faster then her.... She competing to beat her previous best time.... But we shouldnt lose hope.... She good runner and she our hope in cwg and asian games....

is that mean another medal confirmed ???:cool:

It means that she is qualified to run in the final race for medal.

Where she will face 7 other racers.

Guys, Devendro and Mary Kom are facing British/Irish boxers so don't expect anything fare by racist Britishers.

Because when their boxers fights, the referee, jury, judges also fights every odds to unduly favor them :tdown: :sick:

Guys, Devendro and Mary Kom are facing British/Irish boxers so don't expect anything fare by racist Britishers.

Because when their boxers fights, the referee, jury, judges also fights every odds to unduly favor them :tdown: :sick:

Oh, I see. If our chaps/girls lose, it's because we have been cheated. Looking for an excuse, are we?

@Banglore you woke up just now? Or today? Check previous results.... Our 4 boxers won but kicked out....
@damadji exactly.... infact just check how brits and irish boxers will be give huge lead in very first round.... However i do hope devendro can move into semifinals because he knows irish boxer but still our chances in boxing is not bright because we facing both countries who are ready to cheat like hell and its their own country....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom