Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
@Indian members, who are talking about race and ethnicity when talking about boxing don't make sense to me.

all these racial superiority theories are a thing of past (let's say 19th-20th century). it's all about the training/coaching/support these athletes get that makes the difference.

If Mongolians are supposed to be more agile then us Aryans are supposed to be strongly built and most superior? So it don't quite add up. does it? From the nation of over 800 million Aryans we are struggling to get 1 gold medal? Don't make sense. does it? Because, at the the end of the day it's on the athlete their temperament and the training that they go through.

Mary com will play british boxer on 8th....................everyone knows british boxers are not fighting alone............judges and refferees fight with them

Honestly saying I didnt see British boxers are getting help from the judges....Atoev from UAbekistan surely has his god father in AIBA who dragging him to top. He won in pre-QF similarly, the commentators got shocked, the viewers booed but Atoev won. Same is today. They should complain. Vijender had at least 3-4 points lead in second round but they gave two points lead to Atoev. Atoev surely connect few in the last to get the lead but committed atleast two holding fouls. Vijender should have won by 2-3 points.

@Indian members, who are talking about race and ethnicity when talking about boxing don't make sense to me.

all these racial superiority theories are a thing of past (let's say 19th-20th century). it's all about the training/coaching/support these athletes get that makes the difference.
I
If Mongolians are supposed to be more agile then us Aryans are supposed to be strongly built and most superior? So it don't quite add up. does it? From the nation of over 800 million Aryans we are struggling to get 1 gold medal? Don't make sense. does it? Because, at the the end of the day it's on the athlete their temperament and the training that they go through.

Well genetics play its role in some sports but not all and training also play integral part in improving your raw talents. Dont you think europeans have enough training facilities but still its ethopian,kenyan or jamcians who get gold most of the times in 8000 running events

Well genetics play its role in some sports but not all and training also play integral part in improving your raw talents. Dont you think europeans have enough training facilities but still its ethopian,kenyan or jamcians who get gold most of the times in 8000 running events

I am not denying genetics don't play its role at all! but not like some members here try to show? And sprint is just sheer exhibition of human power in which Negroid are naturally gonna win.

Look at Chinese up untill 1970-80s China didn't do this well in Olympics. Swimming/Diving/Gymnastics/Athletics were considered not-suitable for 'short Chinese' sports. But in today China totally dominates these sports. Have their genes improved recently? It's 110% due to training.

I am not denying genetics don't play its role at all! but not like some members here try to show? And sprint is just sheer exhibition of human power in which Negroid are naturally gonna win.

Look at Chinese up untill 1970-80s China didn't do this well in Olympics. Swimming/Diving/Gymnastics/Athletics were considered not-suitable for 'short Chinese' sports. But in today China totally dominates these sports. Have their genes improved recently? It's 110% due to training.

Well its just running events where black still dominate and rest swiming/diving/gymnastics are all about skills and training

^^^

Swimming was and pretty much still is dominated by whites.

I wouldn't be surprised if China finds a Chinese athlete with a good body type and explosive energy for running events.

^^^

I wouldn't be surprised if China finds a Chinese athlete with a good body type and explosive energy for running events.

Its because they get swiming lesson at very early stage and i know many kids who can swim better than me here in Uk. Swiming is hobby here and almost all white peoples i met knew swiming since childhood. Its not just about swiming but they are also good in rowing and boating and all other water sports

Running is very less to do with strong body . Its all about nice legs and good stamina in long running events. If we look at these kenyan, uthopian guys and girls they dont look strong but they have stamina to run 8000 m with constant speed and holding breathe

This has to be the worst olympics ever. All the boxing matches are rigged, Brits want to finish with a bang and get all the boxing golds, so they are getting rid of all the potential threats. Its pathetic.

Never seen so many controversial boxing results in any of the olympics that I remember watching. Cheating bastards.

Olympic Boxing Controversy: Latest Incident Highlights Why IOC Should Cut Boxing | Bleacher Report

Surprise, surprise: We have another Olympic boxing controversy on our hands.

Pardon me, make that controversies.

Questionable officiating in two of Sunday's men's quarterfinal heavyweight matches led to formal appeals, one on behalf of Belorussian fighter Siarhei Karneyeu and a second on behalf of Cuba's Juan Larduet.

Both were denied by the International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA), but that hasn't quelled dissent.

Karneyeu's decision, in particular, has drawn the ire of many, most notably NBC Olympic boxing color commentator Teddy Atlas, who exclaimed on air, "Great system. Great job, guys. You're destroying the sport. You're making it a joke."

And he’s right. Olympic boxing has become an utter calamity.

Genetics plays a role for those who are clueless about the contemporary science of sports.

Good institutes can/are filter out best suitable players for different sports. If you are investing training and nutrition on a player whose centre of gravity is not compatible to swimming or to run fast then its your fault if he not winning medal, not your race, genes of ethnicity.

1. Measurements and weight.
2. Nutrition (a very long duration).
3. Training.

Genetic studies are only for sick not healthy. Every same race or nation has pools of population simply going by physical measurements and level of nourishment compatible/fit to play all sports and win medal.

Few people will say will power, endurance blah blah, they all are important but part and parcel of training strategies the coaches inculcate in players.

^^^

True, but also look at what China has achieved in the swimming. Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen smashed multiple world records, and beat their competitors by a big margin.

Sun Yang actually beat Ryan Cochrane by 8 whole seconds in that swimming event. And Ye Shiwen was so fast in swimming that she was accused of doping (but she was cleared by the International Olympic Committee). And of course both of them set new world records as well as bringing in several Gold medals each.

Wait until the next generation of Chinese athletes start to enter the competition. Ye Shiwen is only 16 years old.

We even did well in Cycling and Rowing, which are traditionally dominated by the Western nations too. Nobody is bound by genetics.

True, but also look at what China has achieved in the swimming. Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen smashed multiple world records, and beat their competitors by a big margin.

Sun Yang actually beat Ryan Cochrane by 8 whole seconds in that swimming event. And Ye Shiwen was so fast in swimming that she was accused of doping (but she was cleared by the International Olympic Committee). And of course both of them set new world records as well as bringing in several Gold medals each.

Wait until the next generation of Chinese athletes start to enter the competition. Ye Shiwen is only 16 years old.

We even did well in Cycling and Rowing, which are traditionally dominated by the Western nations too. Nobody is bound by genetics.

please visit this thread.... will you say again about genetics..

I agree with CD and an arch believer that sports does not have anything sort of "genetic" advantage. If one believe, get a proper training and determine to do the best then one gets succeed. Saina Nehwal is such an example.

Worst Olympics ever!! :tdown:

And boxing event is like a joke!! With total partiality!

Mary com will play british boxer on 8th....................everyone knows british boxers are not fighting alone............judges and refferees fight with them

Cant Agree more!!!!!!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom