Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
@sab, where had u been man, what do u think about Viju's bout, i m more confident of Devendro (becoming a fan of his junglee billi style :D) winning his bout but not sure of Vijender, what u think??

I think Mary Kom and Vijender will win Gold. If Vijender takes 1-2 points lead Atoev wont be able to hide behind his shield. Once he exposes himself Vijender is likely to score more and take advantage of his height. Same happened in Asian Games final and Vijender won 7-0. Atoev is not good as an agressive boxer. I was so happy when I saw Emillio Corria is not there this time.

Mary Kom will beat Nicola and Ren Cancan both. She has never been defeated by anyone twice :D Because she scrutinises her opponent and return very hard next time. When she shifted to 51 kg she had problem to handle taller Ren Cancan and lost in the Semifinal of Asian games. But, later She easily beat Ren in Asian Boxing Championshib with convincing margin. Same will happen against Nicola who beat Mary during the qualifier. Nicola is taller and stronger but Mary is more skillfull. She has practiced with tall male boxers just keeping Nicola and Ren in mind. And there is no one worth mentioning in 51 kg except these three.

After Shiva Thapa is gone, Devendro has become my favourite boxer. He is different from other Indians- he uses both hands equally well ( like claws of a leopard :D), Punches in combination of two, three, four (or even more ) unlike other Indians who prefer single jabs most. And Devendro has his 'Brambhastra' the hook he uses from very close range when the opponent is alomost up on him (Have you noticed it?) That's why Devendro's bout is always high scoring (once he scored more than 40 :D during AIBA WC 2011). I think he will easily beat Paddy Barnes. I have not seen the Englishman but expecting he will not be as agile as the Chinese or the Korean boxers. BTW , the Korean I was telling about in a controversial bout against a Bulgarian guy. Now Devendro's greatest barrier will come in the Semi-final against the Chinese guy who won gold in 2008. He is agile like Devendro (It's an attribute of Mongoloid race) , very skillful and much more experienced. But, Devendro must continue his aggressive policy. That is very unsettling for the opponent irrespective of their quality.

BTW, for last couple of days I am dreaming about three golds in boxing and Devendro knocking out everyone on his way. :D

Chinese guy who won gold in 2008. He is agile like Devendro (It's an attribute of Mongoloid race)

Lol, it has nothing to do with race or whatever.

A lot of these smaller boxers are super fast and a lot of fun to watch.

Lol, it has nothing to do with race or whatever.

A lot of these smaller boxers are super fast and a lot of fun to watch.

May be you are right but I think the Mongoloid people are more agile than others. That's why they are superior in games like TT and badminton. Boxers in lower weight category are agile but you see again Asian countries like China, Korea etc dominate these categories.

Nice analysis !

BTW, for last couple of days I am dreaming about three golds in boxing and Devendro knocking out everyone on his way. :D

Dream well bro, dream well. Hope they become true !

May be you are right but I think the Mongoloid people are more agile than others. That's why they are superior in games like TT and badminton. Boxers in lower weight category are agile but you see again Asian countries like China, Korea etc dominate these categories.

Maybe it's superior training??

Those athletes worked their *** off and honed their skills.

Maybe it's superior training??

Those athletes worked their *** off and honed their skills.

No...You can see it even guys far from sports.... In India guys from the N-E are most agile on an average. (And not always they have superior training or skill)....

No...You can see it even guys far from sports.... In India guys from the N-E are most agile on an average. (And not always they have superior training or skill)....

I watch a lot of MMA and UFC. The guys that come from Japan, Korea, etc are slow/sluggish compared to a lot of the Brazilians, Blacks, etc.

Blacks are far more agile and athletic compared to the East Asians here.

If this really is the case :undecided: :undecided: than we should be thankful to god that we have been blessed by NE people/states in our territory & make full use of there skills & give a tough fight to the top countries for each medal in Olympics. Go India Go :tup:

:cheesy:

559288_331490396942578_1436756831_n.jpg

The Middle Weights are fighting now.

Anthony Ogog - British - Won
Stefan Hartel - German - Lost

Zoltan Harcsa - Hungarian
Esquiva Falcao Florentino - Brazilian

Abbos Atoev -Uzbek
Vijender - Indian

Adem Kilicci - Turk
Ryota Murata - Japanese

Quarterfinals

Blacks are far more agile and athletic compared to the East Asians here.

Possibly.

But they also said East Asians weren't good at swimming right? And look, Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen are smashing the World records in swimming. We got 5 Gold medals in swimming alone.

Stereotypes were made to be broken. The only place where nobody can really challenge those of African descent, is in the athletics sprint running events.

But they also said East Asians weren't good at swimming right? And look, Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen are smashing the World records in swimming. We got 5 Gold medals in swimming alone, and broke several world records.

Exactly, and those athletes worked their *** off for that.

Credit also goes to their coaches.

The problem with Mary Kom is that her natural weight group is 46kg, she has won all her 5 World Championships in that category. Olympic doesn't have that category, so she had to move up to 51kg, as a result of which she has to face opponents with longer reach than her. She's played great so far to secure a medal, but it will be really tough against a good boxer like Nicola Adams. Hope she manages to win it though.

The guy who defeated Jai bhagwan is getting trashed by a Cuban. Bhagwan must be happy seeing he is not there for first time :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom