Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
By the way i doubt vikas can get medal because group B Did well.... Well over 66 they thrown.... But Vikas didnt get much chance to Throw so am sure he will throw better than 65 in finals.... In qualification he at 5 i guess....

If all throwers touch their career best Vikash will be probably 6th or 7th in the final. But , it doesnt happen in reality. So keep fingers crossed. Vikash's Career best is 66m+. If he crosses or atleast touches his best in the first attempt anything is possible.

@sab, where had u been man, what do u think about Viju's bout, i m more confident of Devendro (becoming a fan of his junglee billi style :D) winning his bout but not sure of Vijender, what u think??

Boxing in this olympic is really joke. last night saw two bouts in heavyweight category. Azerbaizan vs Belarush and Cuba vs Italy. Azerbaizan and Italy won respectively. And you wont believe how shameless the judges were (even Sangwan's case looks nothing what I saw yesterday). The commentators got shocked, the viewrs boooed but AIBA is sleeping. The furious boxer from Cuba didnt even shake his hand with the opponent and the referee.

@ ISRO it is not happening only for Britain. It is happening randomly. And I didnt wonder that Monoj lost against Thomas. There is a great drawbacks in Indian boxers. Except Shiva Thapa and Devendro no one punches in combination regularly. Everyone including Vijender prefers single jab. But, new counting system favours those who punch in combination of two or three...

what time is vijenders match guys ??

Tonight 2.30............but I am not very hopeful of him he seems more of hype unlike Sushil Kumar who is grounded, down to earth, kind yet one of the best wrestler.

Mary Kom tweets thanks to fans

New Delhi: India's MC Mary Kom fought her way to the semi-final on Monday and ensured that India takes at least four medals from the ongoing London Olympics. While fans tweeted wishes and celebrated on social networking sites, the 29-year-old pugilist responded with her own words of thanks on the micro-blogging site.

Mary Kom had a dominant strategy against her Tunisian opponent in the 51kg quarterfinal bout at the ExCel Arena. She sealed the match 15-6 at the end of four rounds and tweeted that she was overwhelmed with the support for her. "Thanks everyone. So much overwhelmed with the love and support you guys are giving me. I will give my best shot in next round," she wrote.

There was a huge contingent of Indian fans at the ExCel Arena who cheered Mary Kom's every punch. There was a much larger Indian contingent on the web who rejoiced her win. 'Mary Bharat mahan,' read one such tweet seconds after the bell rang at the end of the fourth round. Other popular tweets ranged from 'Mary kissi se Kom nahin' to 'Mary had a winning fight, winning fight, winning fight,' from a popular nursery rhyme.

Such were celebrations that even Mahindra & Mahindra Vice-Chairman and MD Anand Mahindra suggested that new Finance Minister P Chidambaram should hire her to "knockout" fiscal deficit! :lol:

Mary Kom tweets thanks to fans | Boxing | NDTVSports.com

Mary Kom's Residence. Quite different from the soap,oil and deodorant selling Indian cricket team player's homes :rolleyes:

I pitty our govn didn't recognized 5times world champion.... look at their house.... she just living a simply life...

Manipur basks in Mary Kom's medal glory

IMPHAL: Manipur erupted with pride and joy as M C Mary Kom on Monday created history and assured India its fourth Olympic medal with a resounding 15-6 win in her quarterfinal boxing bout against Maroua Rahali of Tunisia in the women's 51kg category. The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna-awardee stormed into the Olympics quarterfinals after beating Poland's Karolina Michalczuk 19-14 on Sunday at the ExCel arena. While Mary's husband, Onlear Kom, watched the game from Delhi, her mother, M Akham Kom, watched her fight from the ringside in London.

Chief minister Okram Ibobi Singh said an award of Rs 1 crore for a gold medal winner in the Olympics from Manipur, already announced by the state, stands unchanged. "For silver and bronze, the incentive amount will be announced soon," added Okram, while expressing his happiness over Mary's victory. "Let's all pray for her golden victory," the CM said.

Residents of her native village - Kangathei - watched the bout on television with baited breath. Her brother said: "We are planning to celebrate as per our traditions and customs. We are also going to have a grand feast for all people." Mary's sister added: "We are really proud of her. We will all welcome her in our cultural and traditional glory when she returns with a medal. We have never stopped praying and thousands have joined us as well. And now we will pray for her so that she wins a gold medal."

Mangminthang Gangte, a resident of Kangathei, said: "Our joy, pride and contentment has soared because of what Mary has achieved. We will celebrate her victory in the most fitting manner. We hope she comes back with a gold."

Meanwhile, dozens of people, some beating drums, celebrated on the streets of Imphal and danced and sang, some shouted, "Long live Mary, long live Manipur." Santosh Singh, one of the cheering youths, said: "Magnificent Mary (as the 29-year-old mother of two is known) has brought fame to Manipur, the northeast and the country. We are happy with her victory and a bronze is sure for her at this stage. She will definitely punch for bigger glory in her next two big fights."

Mary's first boxing coach, L Ibomcha Singh, who first brought her into the boxing ring, said: "She got through because of her consistency. She had a tough fight on Sunday and another difficult one the very next day. I hope she beats Nicola Adams (her opponent in the semi-final) on Wednesday and gets through to the final. I have trained her since 2000 and I know she has the quality to do well, She has worked really hard in training sessions." He added: "She did what I believed he could. During Sunday's bout, Mary was a little tense. Today she did it in an excellent manner." Singh said he is confident that Mary will defeat her opponents in the next two fights.

Before departing for London, Mary said she was confident of winning a medal for the country at the Olympics. "I will try my best to win gold," the five-time world women boxing champion, had said. "She has done it. We are proud of her magnificent win. Now Mary has brought fame for the country and Manipur in particular," said M Romen Singh, joint secretary of Manipur Olympics Association (MOA). "Now we are praying for Mary's two bigger fights that would make her receive either a silver or gold. We have a strong confidence for gold and she will definitely do for it," Romen said. He added that Mary is a determined and tough boxer.

Mary, serving as additional superintendent of police in Manipur, was into athletics since her childhood days at her native Kangathei village in Churachandpur district before switching over to boxing. She is the only Indian woman pugilist to have qualified for the Summer Olympics in London. "She is a true lover of the tough game of boxing. Besides working for herself, she also grooms young players of the state in her academy christened Mary Kom Boxing Academy," Romen said.

Established in 2006, the academy has produced a number of outstanding boxers. She spends nearly Rs 50,000 per month to running the academy "We will organize accord a grand reception for her," he said, while expressing confidence that another Manipuri boxer, Laishram Devendro Singh, who has stormed into the quarter-finals, will follow Mary's feat.

Manipur basks in Mary Kom's medal glory - The Times of India

I pitty our govn didn't recognized 5times world champion.... look at their house.... she just living a simply life...

Its nothing new and its nothing to do with NE either.

Indian Army troops and officers have retured their war medals and protested because of pay disparity.

A civilian peon and sweeper gets more pay from the govt then the troops but govt. don't listen to them.

Even when there are 2.5 crore people of armed forces (if one calculates their family members) a huge vote bank.

Lets not discuss shity govt. and its policies they are very depressing.

Back
Top Bottom