What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
So today, at 5:00 Yogeshwar Dutt will start his campaign! Lets hope we can finish of in a nice way.:bounce:

Am not jealousy... why would i, All im talking help the poor former athletes.. There are many gems under dim light, due lack of proper income they arr quitting sports.. Fix certain amount for the medal on behalf of govt... They can earn lot more from corporate sectors.. try to understand, what exactly am saying.. KCR gave her 50lacs in past 2 years to encourage her, like that encourage everyone..
Ok i agree with you, you not jealous. What makes difficult to fund sports sustainly is the low returns with no garanteed achievments. Cricket can sustain because it has monopoly, it can generate revenue. Untill other sports are able to do it, it will be harder to attract talent and increase the pool so that potential world level athletes are produced consistently. I see that happening in Badminton, Kabaddi, Hockey, even Basketball has started its league recently, it will take time. As for why Sindhu got that money for encouragement, its possible they saw talent in her. Afterall why would someone give support to athletes discriminately?

Ok i agree with you, you not jealous. What makes difficult to fund sports sustainly is the low returns with no garanteed achievments. Cricket can sustain because it has monopoly, it can generate revenue. Untill other sports are able to do it, it will be harder to attract talent and increase the pool so that potential world level athletes are produced consistently. I see that happening in Badminton, Kabaddi, Hockey, even Basketball has started its league recently, it will take time. As for why Sindhu got that money for encouragement, its possible they saw talent in her. Afterall why would someone give support to athletes discriminately?

PATIALA: A national-level handball player and a student of General Shidev Singh Diwan Gurbachan Singh Khalsa College, Patiala, committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan at her house on Saturday. Police said Pooja Chauhan, 20, had left a suicide note addressed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which she had blamed one of her college teachers for harassment.

Pooja was a student of BA-II and had represented Punjab in the handball event of the National Rural Level Tournament in 2011. She was a member of Khalsa College team that finished second in the Punjabi University Inter-College Handball Championship in 2015. In the suicide note, Pooja said she had to end her life since she was poor and could not afford to pay the hostel facility.

Urging the Prime Minister to ensure that a poor girl like her be provided free education facility, Pooja held a college professor accountable for her death claiming that "he was the one who refused to give me the hostel room and asked her to commute from her home every day. However, this will cost me around Rs 3,720 per month and my father could not afford it." The victim's family stays in Ragho Majra locality of old Patiala, around 10km from the college.

Prabhu Chauhan, father of the deceased, said last year the college had provided Pooja hostel facility. "This year she was not allowed hostel as per the new policy of the college management. She was upset as she could not concentrate on her game," he said.

Meanwhile, police have registered a case of abetment to suicide against the teacher. Patiala Kotwali station house officer Gurpreet Singh Bhinder said police were taking action in accordance with the suicide note left by the victim. He refused to divulge name of the teacher, saying the investigation was at a preliminary stage.

When contacted, Khalsa College principal Dharminder Singh Ubha said the girl had already been given free admission on August 18.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/chan...ends-life-in-Patiala/articleshow/53791456.cms

am talking about people like this.. one side crore and crores flooding to one player and other side people like this girl ending their life... a very lil help could have saved this girl life..

PATIALA: A national-level handball player and a student of General Shidev Singh Diwan Gurbachan Singh Khalsa College, Patiala, committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan at her house on Saturday. Police said Pooja Chauhan, 20, had left a suicide note addressed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which she had blamed one of her college teachers for harassment.

Pooja was a student of BA-II and had represented Punjab in the handball event of the National Rural Level Tournament in 2011. She was a member of Khalsa College team that finished second in the Punjabi University Inter-College Handball Championship in 2015. In the suicide note, Pooja said she had to end her life since she was poor and could not afford to pay the hostel facility.

Urging the Prime Minister to ensure that a poor girl like her be provided free education facility, Pooja held a college professor accountable for her death claiming that "he was the one who refused to give me the hostel room and asked her to commute from her home every day. However, this will cost me around Rs 3,720 per month and my father could not afford it." The victim's family stays in Ragho Majra locality of old Patiala, around 10km from the college.

Prabhu Chauhan, father of the deceased, said last year the college had provided Pooja hostel facility. "This year she was not allowed hostel as per the new policy of the college management. She was upset as she could not concentrate on her game," he said.

Meanwhile, police have registered a case of abetment to suicide against the teacher. Patiala Kotwali station house officer Gurpreet Singh Bhinder said police were taking action in accordance with the suicide note left by the victim. He refused to divulge name of the teacher, saying the investigation was at a preliminary stage.

When contacted, Khalsa College principal Dharminder Singh Ubha said the girl had already been given free admission on August 18.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/chan...ends-life-in-Patiala/articleshow/53791456.cms

am talking about people like this.. one side crore and crores flooding to one player and other side people like this girl ending their life... a very lil help could have saved this girl life..
A case of harrasment, and there will always be cases of corruption and harrasment or some people left out, India is a big country. But your complaint that why PV Sindhu got funds seems as if you don't want anyone to recieve any kind of help if not everyone is getting it.

Congratulations on the Silver, Pity she missed out on the gold.. This is doing the rounds on FB.. Sends a very strong message across, Beauty and talent has nothing to do with appearance, Indian women have outshone it's men by miles

14054092_1040500846018851_8102193345361154592_n.jpg

trailing 0-1 after first round.

chalo ji ho gayi chutti. well played Yogi tough luck.

Dutt lost.. Mongolian player defended and avoided to engage in second round. why isn't he get awarded for passivity..

Dutt lost.. Mongolian player defended and avoided to engage in second round. why isn't he get awarded for passivity..

Dutt is now old.....he tires so quickly. I saw his 2014 Asian Gold medal match he barely won that too. He should go down in lower weight categories like other few old wrestlers.

:( WP Yogi!
Tough luck with the draw, the next guy who the mongolian will meet is a higher ranked russian and current world champion, so chance of bronze medal is also a bit low.
Mongolian player defended and avoided to engage in second round. why isn't he get awarded for passivity..
I was thinking the same thing...passivity in both games were given to us and not to the other...wonder how it works.

A case of harrasment, and there will always be cases of corruption and harrasment or some people left out, India is a big country. But your complaint that why PV Sindhu got funds seems as if you don't want anyone to recieve any kind of help if not everyone is getting it.

damn you really got problem to understand... lolz Didn't i said support everyone equally... May be you just want only sindhu should get all the money but as others didn't get medal they should stay in dark.. silly..

:( WP Yogi!
Tough luck with the draw, the next guy who the mongolian will meet is a higher ranked russian and current world champion, so chance of bronze medal is also a bit low.

I was thinking the same thing...passivity in both games were given to us and not to the other...wonder how it works.

that Mongolian just running away.. still no passivity..

Back
Top Bottom