What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
Modi should push to include kabbadi, cricket and "Indian wrestling" (kushti) as olympic sports.
It's only bcoz cricket is not an olympic sport that we feel from inside dat we hv to promote other games.... If cricket bcomes olympic sport only god can save other sports in india (& south asia to a larger extent). I am totally against cricket in olympics.

It's only bcoz cricket is not an olympic sport that we feel from inside dat we hv to promote other games.... If cricket bcomes olympic sport only god can save other sports in india (& south asia to a larger extent). I am totally against cricket in olympics.

LOL true. But at least we should push kabbadi, kushti....its time to make olympics more international....I'm sure the ancient greeks would approve given what all kinds of things count as olympic sports these days hehe.

I mean taekwondo was introduced by korea, judo by japanese etc....definitely kabbadi can be indian contribution to the list. It is gaining popularity worldwide. India can promote a true world championship in the near term to get more interest.

Mariyappan Thangavelu winning moments .. Congratulations to him and his family.

Varun Singh Bhati won Bronze in the same event.

congratulations to both.

wow...mind blowing. 1.89 is not a joke even for able athletes. I hope his effort is rewarded in a big way & para athletes are treated with respect & dignity in our country. They had to endure some horrible treatment from the authorities in recent past.

Last edited:
One more silver :victory::victory::victory::victory:

Deepa Malik gets Silver in Shot Put event...

She became the country’s first ever woman to win a medal at the Paralympics.
Congrats to her!!!

There are few things that I want ppl to know about Mariyappan>>>>>

1. Good parenting >>>I hope Burhan Wani's parents are listening.

2. Guy with a golden heart>>>

@Nilgiri has this^^^ been posted on this thread already??

Last edited:
@Levina Virender Sehwag has been very vocal now a days about the Prestitudes especially Barkha Dutt :lol::lol:. He even had a funny debate with Piers Morgan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom