What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
Did Sindhu win?

Someone post the NDTV message saying she won!

congratulations!

She got silver bro....but thanks! She will do better next time and go all the way. Young, headstrong and much to learn still she is.

No one expected her to go this far...she has always been in the shadow of Saina Nehwal.....so this is a big breakout performance for her and will do much wonders for her own career and also for Badminton in India.

Man, I have no idea how to look at golf scores and make sense of them.

Please tell me in the old fashioned way.

What is the rank of different competitors in the golf tournament right now?
Any update about Aditi position?

Her performance in 3rd round was not good....she dropped 23 places :(

I dont think she will be in finals....but maybe @jaunty knows better.

Br3JotQCEAAdDSF.jpg

Bir-Bahadur.jpg

Rajkumar-Tiwari.jpg

Bharat-Kumar.jpg

Indian-Athletes-Who-Work-As-MaidBrick-Kiln-Labourer-and-Golgappa-Seller.png

sarwan-singh.jpg

Visit this page and you will know, what is their Value in India for Olympians winners,...

http://www.fireflydaily.com/sports-heroes/

Very sad indeed...I hope the concerned wake-up and do something to alleviate the sufferings of these Champions.

Very sad indeed...I hope the concerned wake-up and do something to alleviate the sufferings of these Champions.

on contrast Sindhu getting 2.10 crore ( offered by others)+BMW+3cr from AP along with 1000sqyrd land in Amaravathi which 5cr+ Group1 cadre post and Delhi govt giving another 2cr .. ++++++

on contrast Sindhu getting 2.10 crore ( offered by others)+BMW+3cr from AP along with 1000sqyrd land in Amaravathi which 5cr+ Group1 cadre post and Delhi govt giving another 2cr .. ++++++

So the previous winners did get anything?

She deserves it. She was sweating it out starting from 5 AM to 5 PM every day of the week while we were bed bashing and watching saas bahu serials with pop corn and beer! :P

So the previous winners did get anything?
Yep! Plenty - from cash to cars to houses to millions in endorsements. Win a medal and you can become a multi-millionaire! But the catch is you gotta win a medal at the Olympics - which is tough...really tough!! You get stuff too if you win a medal at the World Championships, Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.

She deserves it. She was sweating it out starting from 5 AM to 5 PM every day of the week while we were bed bashing and watching saas bahu serials with pop corn and beer! :P

Yep! Plenty - from cash to cars to houses to millions in endorsements. Win a medal and you can become a multi-millionaire! But the catch is you gotta win a medal at the Olympics - which is tough...really tough!! You get stuff too if you win a medal at the World Championships, Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.

We need proper mechanism to encourage medal winning athlete, but irregular funds flow like this is not.. she deserves prize, I hope we can encourage athlete equally... you know unlimited funds into cricket..

We need proper mechanism to encourage medal winning athlete, but irregular funds flow like this is not.. she deserves prize, I hope we can encourage athlete equally... you know unlimited funds into cricket..
Cricket does not get any funds from the govt, BCCI , is a completely private organization, It's basically market forces determining the money.

Anyway the prize money will be spread out a lot more in future when people start to win a lot more, currently as only 4-5 win, everyone wants to jump in, remember announcing a reward is sort of like a publicity too.

As far as standard prize system goes here is the reward system the TN Govt gives, I think other govts will probably have something like this too.

8gStctw.png

Cricket does not get any funds from the govt, BCCI , is a completely private organization, It's basically market forces determining the money.

Anyway the prize money will be spread out a lot more in future when people start to win a lot more, currently as only 4-5 win, everyone wants to jump in, remember announcing a reward is sort of like a publicity too.

As far as standard prize system goes here is the reward system the TN Govt gives, I think other govts will probably have something like this too.

8gStctw.png

yeah this is good ... But look at the girl who is two time Olympian selling Golgappa .. and on other side KCR announced 5cr + 1000sq yard land, 3cr+ 1000sq yard land ( another 5cr), other incentive around 2.10cr+ bmw.. gopichand getting 1cr from KCR .. that's insane amount.. Am happy for her achievement.. but set up some funds like this to the farmer players welfare.. either we are making them rich or leaving them in dark ... fix a cap if govt supposed to pay..

Well, sory, my friend, but half Bangladeshi girl just won Gold medal for Russia in Rhythmic gymnastic.:p:
Her name is Margarita Mamun, her father is from Bangladesh.
4318421.jpg

And the medal goes to Bangladesh?

Should Indian-origin Mohini Bharadwaj medals go to India instead of USA?

We never count people competing under other countries flag, infrastructure and training as being our own.

It only shows that we need to bring such infrastructure, training to our own people so they can win medals under our own flag.

So like I said....Bangladesh (the country) sucks at everything sport wise in the olympics.....and should be the last country in the world to throw stones at others.

yeah this is good ... But look at the girl who is two time Olympian selling Golgappa .. and on other side KCR announced 5cr + 1000sq yard land, 3cr+ 1000sq yard land ( another 5cr), other incentive around 2.10cr+ bmw.. gopichand getting 1cr from KCR .. that's insane amount.. Am happy for her achievement.. but set up some funds like this to the farmer players welfare.. either we are making them rich or leaving them in dark ... fix a cap if govt supposed to pay..
AP is giving 3 crore to her.

They'll need the money. THey get this only once in a few years & that too after they go through tremendous hardwork & effort & take up a sports career(you know what we Indians & we telugus think about taking up such a career) & make the final leap by actually winning a medal.

Last edited:
6th or 7th time i see you bringing this up. You seem jealous :p:. PV Sindhu did a lot of hard work, given up on many things and trust me even with all this money she will be unsatisfied with her achievments and will try even harder in life.

6th or 7th time i see you bringing this up. You seem jealous :p:. PV Sindhu did a lot of hard work, given up on many things and trust me even with all this money she will be unsatisfied with her achievments and will try even harder in life.

Am not jealousy... why would i, All im talking help the poor former athletes.. There are many gems under dim light, due lack of proper income they arr quitting sports.. Fix certain amount for the medal on behalf of govt... They can earn lot more from corporate sectors.. try to understand, what exactly am saying.. KCR gave her 50lacs in past 2 years to encourage her, like that encourage everyone..

AP is giving 3 crore to her.

They'll need the money. THey get this only once in a few years & that too after they go through tremendous hardwork & effort & take up a sports career(you know what we Indians & we telugus think about taking up such a career) & make the final leap by actually winning a medal.

go back and check my post brother, till certain amount i said she deserved it.. I cheered for her.. too many athletes leaving sports due to lack of encouragement.. We have to look everyone equally..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom