What's new

Indian Nuclear Power Plant

several time uranium stolen from india and who will assure indian Nukes are in safe hand

Guess who's doing feeder inspection starting Tuesday! Ima be dosed up real good

Lol stolen? You seriously think enriched uranium was previously stolen in India? Who told you? ISPR?

In 2011; 15 cobalt-60 stolen from steel plant in Durgapur. Only 2 were ever recovered.

wMexTruck_graphicD.jpg

In 2011; 15 cobalt-60 stolen from steel plant in Durgapur. Only 2 were ever recovered.

wMexTruck_graphicD.jpg

Cobalt-60? Big whoop. Want to tell me how you can make a nuclear bomb with tiny amounts of cobalt 60? The number of thefts worldwide (from your own map) of such isotopes should give you a hint.

This theft was from 2011 too. Cobalt 60 has a half life of 5 years and its 2017 now...I will let you try figure out the significance of that.

And before you answer, please put it in context of AQ Khan (who you made the official scapegoat for your proliferation (forget equating with theft, though he did steal it from URENCO to begin with) of centrifuge design - which is in comparison absolutely required for nuclear weapons given it is one of just two routes to nuclear fission)

Cobalt-60? Big whoop. Want to tell me how you can make a nuclear bomb with tiny amounts of cobalt 60? The number of thefts worldwide (from your own map) of such isotopes should give you a hint.

This theft was from 2011 too. Cobalt 60 has a half life of 5 years and its 2017 now...I will let you try figure out the significance of that.

And before you answer, please put it in context of AQ Khan (who you made the official scapegoat for your proliferation (forget equating with theft, though he did steal it from URENCO to begin with) of centrifuge design - which is in comparison absolutely required for nuclear weapons given it is one of just two routes to nuclear fission)

Relax man. looks like a hit a nerve or something. I was just pointing out the a theft had occurred, something that original poster was not aware of. I never mention anything about Pakistani material not stolen, or in any way praised Pakistan, so i don't know why you brought AQ khan. In fact, if you look at map, it mention about a theft in Pakistan as well.

And I'm actually happy we got nuclear weapons, whatever method we got it. The function of those weapon is to keep our enemy in line.

By the way you can always make a dirty bomb from any radioactive material, it just depends on the isotope, and material in question.

Relax man. looks like a hit a nerve or something. I was just pointing out the a theft had occurred, something that original poster was not aware of. I never mention anything about Pakistani material not stolen, or in any way praised Pakistan, so i don't know why you brought AQ khan. In fact, if you look at map, it mention about a theft in Pakistan as well.

And I'm actually happy we got nuclear weapons, whatever method we got it. The function of those weapon is to keep our enemy in line.

By the way you can always make a dirty bomb from any radioactive material, it just depends on the isotope, and material in question.

Yea you sure can make dirtybombs with most of the isotopes but it would be useless. Like cobalt, barium and iridium are available to public. I use to handle them in my university. Plutonium 238 can be found in metallurgy and electrical lab. You can't make a dirty bombs with these because you need to be exposed for prolonged periods to see any radiation symptoms. There are just a handful of them that you can use like cesium but these are byproducts of a nuclear reaction and are strictly regulated. Till date there have been no cases of theft.

Yea you sure can make dirtybombs with most of the isotopes but it would be useless. Like cobalt, barium and iridium are available to public. I use to handle them in my university. Plutonium 238 can be found in metallurgy and electrical lab. You can't make a dirty bombs with these because you need to be exposed for prolonged periods to see any radiation symptoms. There are just a handful of them that you can use like cesium but these are byproducts of a nuclear reaction and are strictly regulated. Till date there have been no cases of theft.

There has been no case of refined uranium stolen, however there has been case of unprocessed uranium stolen in india. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7608984.stm. But since those need to be refined to a certain mark to be even used as a dirty bomb, they were useless.

There has been no case of refined uranium stolen, however there has been case of unprocessed uranium stolen in india. But since those need to be refined to a certain mark to be even used as a dirty bomb, they were useless.
Exactly and they need a nuclear reactor for enriching. In the above documentary did u see the part where all the used rods are stored right. We would need uranium in that state and a couple of thousand centrifuges to enrich it to make weapons grade uranium

Cobalt 60 is a pretty bad one for dirty bomb. Its half life is 5 years....thats already too high (i.e low radioactivity for impulse tissue damage)...so you would need a lot of it to cause significant damage compared to the conventional explosion of the bomb from RDX/TNT or whatever.

Problem with going for low half life (less than a year or month etc) isotopes is the darn things basically evaporate by themselves quite quickly...and will be extremely nasty to whoever is assembling/transporting the dirty bomb in the first place.

Thus there is a reason why dirty bombs are good for novels/movies, but their actual use on the ground by terrorists etc is non-existent. It would have to be a country/large coherent organisation that designs, gathers material and manufactures one (for use in immediate warfare or something) to make one that has a sweet spot isotope (in enough amount) that would actually do something significantly bad past the actual conventional detonation.

Hence all the thefts of various isotopes worldwide, not one dirty bomb has happened anywhere.

With isotopes you could potentially poison someone like the russians did, hence there would be nefarious demand for them from all kinds of black markets (and who knows the real state of that)...but past that....I don't see the relevance of them really.

Actual nuclear technology proliferation (that say allows a country to much more easily enrich raw uranium to weapons grade) is a whole different matter compared to this esp if you are talking about rogue countries (with ability to then develop a working nuclear bomb) like North Korea being the client....at least for the countries that perceive them as rogue.

wMexTruck_graphicD.jpg
Cobalt 60?
Lol do you even know what they are used for?
Do you know how much amount of it is used in RT machines?

The moral police of humanity are here, brace yourselves!
bullshit your delhi staff never let them visit real site like kashmir where india having mass body graves but india never let un or international media go in india occupied kashmir

Lol stolen? You seriously think enriched uranium was previously stolen in India? Who told you? ISPR?
you guys never admit ur fault check un report not this home made report

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-12-23/highly-radioactive-material-stolen-in-india/2160650
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7608984.stm
thes are resent

Centrifuge is one of two routes to nuclear fission?

I thought there were many ways to enrich uranium.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom