What's new

Pakistan and China sign $4.8 bln nuclear power plant deal

Honoring contracts when a country is broke is tricky
Business deals can vary from contract to contract, do you have the copy of the original contracts? besides, this is what you so called China influencing Pakistani policies? in this case you can claim China is influencing policies of almost every country on this planet, how stupid is this claim, typically coming out from a brainless hater.

Business deals can vary from contract to contract, do you have the copy of the original contracts? besides, this is what you so called China influencing Pakistani policies? in this case you can claim China is influencing policies of almost every country on this planet, how stupid is this claim, typically coming out from a brainless hater.
I have $100 - do I pay $100 to the Chinese power producer ? Or do I pay $50 to the Chinese power producer and spend the rest on social spending for my citizens ?

As far as the copy of the original contracts they are secret at the insistence of the Chinese government & Chinese companies

I have $100 - do I pay $100 to the Chinese power producer ? Or do I pay $50 to the Chinese power producer and spend the rest on social spending for my citizens ?

As far as the copy of the original contracts they are secret at the insistence of the Chinese government & Chinese companies
Business deals can vary from contract to contract, do you have a copy of the original contracts? besides, this is what you so called China influencing Pakistani policies?

Business deals can vary from contract to contract, do you have a copy of the original contracts? besides, this is what you so called China influencing Pakistani policies?
As far as the copy of the original contracts they are secret at the insistence of the Chinese government & Chinese companies (at least the official ones)

The Netherlands is currently having an issue with too much energy due to solar power. The grid can't cope with the amount of excess energy being returned lol . And Pakistan is blessed with sun most of the time of the year We've got millions of homes, shopping centers and large factories that could be covered with solar panels helping them to function. And help the local economy stay open no blackouts

Pakistan is also corrupt and rife with nepotism. Pakistan also has the bad fortune that a bunch of corporate generals are ruling over it. A recipe for disaster.

As far as the copy of the original contracts they are secret at the insistence of the Chinese government & Chinese companies (at least the official ones)
So you are just talking BS and you even know it yourself.

Pakistan and China sign $4.8 bln nuclear power plant deal​

by The Frontier Post

ISLAMABAD (Reuters): Pakistan and China signed a $4.8 billion deal on Tuesday to build a 1,200-megawatt nuclear power plant, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said, hailing the investment by a country that Pakistan views as its most dependable ally.

Work on the Chashma 5 project would begin immediately, Sharif said on state-run news channel PTV following the signing of the memorandum of understanding (MOU) between China National Nuclear Cooperation and Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission.

“Investment from China in this project to the tune of $4.8 billion sends a message loud and clear that Pakistan is a place where Chinese companies and investors continue to show their trust and faith,” Sharif said.

The Chashma 5 project will be built in the central province of Punjab. China’s support will help Pakistan make the transition away from reliance on fossil fuels.

Pakistan’s total nuclear energy production capacity rose, when the country’s sixth nuclear power plant opened two years ago. Located in the southern port city of Karachi, that 1,100 mw plant was also constructed with Chinese assistance.

It is unclear whether the new investment is part of the $65 billion that China has pledged in infrastructure building for Pakistan under its Belt and Road Initiative.

The new project was originally planned to start a couple of years ago, and Sharif expressed thanks to the Chinese side for not rescheduling costs despite the long delay.

Who is going to pay for this?

Needed to be seen agreement details!
Do they overly favor Chinese companies?
Allegedly reported that all gold and copper from Saindak was shipped to China.
These agreements should be scrutinized closely.

In Pakistan's energy mix, although cost of power generation is cheap in nuclear but capacity charges are so high- why?

20230827_184858__01.jpg

Under Construction Diamer Basha Dam - 4500MW
Construction work is being carried out on multiple sites, which includes excavation of dam abutments from the top, diversion tunnel, diversion canal, power intake, permanent access bridge, and access roads. Scheduled for completion in 2029,

1693682145324.png

1693682173221.png

1693682040948.png

1693682201862.png

Back
Top Bottom