What's new

Indian Navy receives second P8I

That's a good example, but the fact remains is US is better in deliveries and quality than the Russians, while on the other hand the Russians are open for selling sensitive equipment's while the US are apprehensive, so it's a difficult comparison.

Very good comparison. If India is asking for TOT, it would get almost nothing from the latest US weaponry. but if it buy straight out of shelf, it can acquire the weapons quickly. When was the last time India buy things off the shelf from Russia or Europe?

Very good comparison. If India is asking for TOT, it would get almost nothing from the latest US weaponry. but if it buy straight out of shelf, it can acquire the weapons quickly. When was the last time India buy things off the shelf from Russia or Europe?

Not necessarily true. They recently offered 10 joint development and production programs.

Which is why the US hasn't been getting the mammoth deals like FGFA or MMRCA. However the US offers enough offsets/ToT to secure deals like AH-64E, P-8I and CH-47F.

Apart from engines for fighter planes, Russians do not sell China anything else these days.

Russia has been trying for many years to see their latest Su-35 fighter but the Chinese do not seem very keen on it.

Sukhoi 35 is not the latest its the FGFA or PAKFA which they are collaborating with India

Sukhoi 35 is not the latest its the FGFA or PAKFA which they are collaborating with India

China REJECTED the Russian offer to participate in what has now become PAKFA.

Instead China has gone on to developing the J-20/J-31 fighters by themselves.

China REJECTED the Russian offer to participate in what has now become PAKFA.

Instead China has gone on to developing the J-20/J-31 fighters by themselves.

:woot: This is news to me!

Any links or proof?

Not necessarily true. They recently offered 10 joint development and production programs.

True. But they are more like customize a weapon system instead of sharing the actual latest US technology. US would never share its latest with anyone, let alone India. 
Which is why the US hasn't been getting the mammoth deals like FGFA or MMRCA. However the US offers enough offsets/ToT to secure deals like AH-64E, P-8I and CH-47F.

All these are buy off the shelf purchases. No TOT.

True. But they are more like customize a weapon system instead of sharing the actual latest US technology. US would never share its latest with anyone, let alone India. 

What systems are you alluding to? I know a few are off limits of course to everybody, but then it depends on what we are looking for and what they are willing to offer...their latest offers were quite comprehensive and they desire to replace Russia in India's defense market so one can assume that they know what they are talking about and know what Russia usually offers to us. They did offer a lot of top of the line products and have been recently talking about joint development and production as well. Most top US defense companies have set up research and marketing branches in India too. Some have started production as well.

All these are buy off the shelf purchases. No TOT.

Apache's work on data linking and closely works with other assets on the ground so there's too much there that requires close collaboration and customization without which it's useless, the same goes for the P8I's which works with other aerial, ground and naval assets and these systems can never be off the shelf as you seem to be saying.

What systems are you alluding to? I know a few are off limits of course to everybody, but then it depends on what we are looking for and what they are willing to offer...their latest offers were quite comprehensive and they desire to replace Russia in India's defense market so one can assume that they know what they are talking about and know what Russia usually offers to us. They did offer a lot of top of the line products and have been recently talking about joint development and production as well. Most top US defense companies have set up research and marketing branches in India too. Some have started production as well.

Apache's work on data linking and closely works with other assets on the ground so there's too much there that requires close collaboration and customization without which it's useless, the same goes for the P8I's which works with other aerial, ground and naval assets and these systems can never be off the shelf as you seem to be saying.

As I said, the joint research between India/US is for US to sell weapons to India. US would not do any join research for our own critical technology. So this is mostly a ploy to sell things to India.

P8I and Apache contains some components specify by India. But there is no TOT.

As I said, the joint research between India/US is for US to sell weapons to India. US would not do any join research for our own critical technology. So this is mostly a ploy to sell things to India.

You seem to be hung up on TOT as if it's some mantra :rolleyes:, what the US is proposing and what the Indian defense industry are discussing with them and moving forward is something that will circumvent cumbersome procedures and fixed transfers, what both of us are looking at is a more flexible joint development and working environment that weighs in our defense requirement tied in with our combined geo strategic goals. The US is used to expecting and working something out of the ordinary with us so one can expect a lot of changes as to how we move forward.

P8I and Apache contains some components specify by India. But there is no TOT.

:lol: what components are those? do you even know what I am talking about in my earlier post?

WOW! Will IN needs to buy 30 More to destroy any Chinese Aggression..
well we have a firm order of 8+4 P-8I as of now and i am quite sure that within the next five years I.N. will order at least a dozen more of these beauties from Boeing.the I.N. wants to operate at least 24 P-8I as per the I.N. Plan-2027.....

well we have a firm order of 8+4 P-8I as of now and i am quite sure that within the next five years I.N. will order at least a dozen more of these beauties from Boeing.the I.N. wants to operate at least 24 P-8I as per the I.N. Plan-2027.....
24-30 is the projected figure for 2027- you are quite right.

:woot: This is news to me!

Any links or proof?

That is true, Russia first approached China but China had a design of their own and didnt find Russian design fitting for use. They rejected it and India entered this deal.

Back
Top Bottom