F-35 is not the best out there.

And it's cost is ridiculously high.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRISHUL: Sensor Fitments Of IAC-1/INS Vikrant & INS Vikramaditya Explained

IAC-1+INS+Vikrant's+Radars.jpg

IAC-1+INS+Vikrant's+Radars+&+Weapons.jpg

INS-Vikramaditya-1.jpg

INS-Vikramaditya-2.jpg

The ET1 and ALPHA EL/M-2258 are positioned in such a manner that they wont cover full 360 degree. Alpha wont be able to scan the airspace in front of the carrier. Then how will it be engaging threats in the full 360 degree..??:undecided:

If I am right, our first carrier INS Vikrant which was used in 1965, 1971 wars was CATOBAR.

So you are saying "As we bought MiG29K, which can't operate on CATOBAR Carrier, we made STOBAR Carrier" Its just like saying "I bought Royal enfield bulled not Yamaha R1 because I had Rayban Aviator Glasses"....

CATOBAR would have delayed process. Unlike IAF, IN is realist. If it would have been IAF they would have asked something similar to Nimitz Class carrier.

Being IN realist, they know that its not capable for us to make Nimitz, so they are going step by step
Step 1. STOBAR 42K ton, Diesel Engine carrier.
Step 2: CATOBAR 60 Tonn , Diesel engine carrier
Step 3: CATOBAR (possibly EMALS) , 80 Ton Nuclear power super carrier.

Look how Navy went step by step in Arihant class SSBN
Step 1: Small (4 Tube) Arihant (Sea trial)
Step 2: Little larger Arindham (Under construction)
Step 3: Some thing similar to Akula Size

:P

I didn't insinuate that did I? Simply put the Ks are not designed for CATOBAR ops. Which means we shall have to acquire a different aircraft if we are to deploy a CATOBAR carrier in the future. IN being staffed by realists will have to take a long look at increased complexities related to operating too many types of primary platforms. The best bet in the medium term is a hybrid carrier- with CATOBAR to allow a proper naval AEW&C platform (not the V-22 bird with the prospective AEW&C config). Otherwise we might as well cap the number of Ks we'll buy and get back into the market for a CATOBAR compatible fighter (of which there are mainly two options- SH and Rafale-M) or else the F-35 (which has its own headaches given the cost and the fact that again we'll be stuck with one Russian 5th gen platform and one American 5th gen platform). Whichever way you cut it its not pleasant. Leaving a hybrid config to be the best compromise- let the Ks serve their time out (grow with an AESA sensor with its MLU) and get into the market for a proper, heavy weight naval AEW&C.

If we are going for EMALS or CATAPULT thn F-18 is on the air wing is near reality. But if you dont want F-18 then you have to feed uncle sam with something else that is of important stratgic value to them.

I didn't insinuate that did I? Simply put the Ks are not designed for CATOBAR ops. Which means we shall have to acquire a different aircraft if we are to deploy a CATOBAR carrier in the future. IN being staffed by realists will have to take a long look at increased complexities related to operating too many types of primary platforms. The best bet in the medium term is a hybrid carrier- with CATOBAR to allow a proper naval AEW&C platform (not the V-22 bird with the prospective AEW&C config). Otherwise we might as well cap the number of Ks we'll buy and get back into the market for a CATOBAR compatible fighter (of which there are mainly two options- SH and Rafale-M) or else the F-35 (which has its own headaches given the cost and the fact that again we'll be stuck with one Russian 5th gen platform and one American 5th gen platform). Whichever way you cut it its not pleasant. Leaving a hybrid config to be the best compromise- let the Ks serve their time out (grow with an AESA sensor with its MLU) and get into the market for a proper, heavy weight naval AEW&C.

The V-22 Ospreys can be a good AEW for such a carrier, it was presented to IN and they showed interest too. But nothing has been heard of it geting used. But I am sure this will be a very good addition.

You are such a pessimist.

Just because one project got delayed, doesn't mean everything will be delayed.

On topic, it was long anticipated by defence analysts that IAC-2 will be a nuclear-powered carrier.

What we need are atleast 3 such N-powered carriers, each with atleast 65,000 ton displacement and
deploying 5th generation FGFA fighters.

Name one project that was completed ahead of schedule?:omghaha:

All the delays is caused by the desire to get a new system, instead of just get one off the shelve.

@skyisthelimit; there is already a thread running on thsi subject, with precisely the same report. Do search before starting threads.
@Oscar @Zakii @nuclearpak @Jungibaaz; will you be so kind as to merge the threads. It is plainly irritating to dicuss ONE subject across MULTIPLE threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
A NAVAL FGFA will have no TVC. TVC engine maintenance is nightmare. If on ship it will mean low sortie rate.

PS: Ignore these two clowns above ^ as that guy admitted on a forum , his *** burns due to haemorrhoid every time he gets here.

Back
Top Bottom