What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

India is only 'mulling' as of now. So from mulling to fully ops status, can we expect it to hit the waves by the year of our Lord, 2345? :P (Call me a pessimist, I am!! :undecided: )

INS_Vikrant_295.jpg

IAC-1........

Ah, so the ski-jump assembly is complete and is being integrated into the main hull.:tup:

I believe the construction of the main superstructure (the island) is also nearing completion...

^^An old picture showing part of the main bridge under construction.

India is only 'mulling' as of now. So from mulling to fully ops status, can we expect it to hit the waves by the year of our Lord, 2345? :P (Call me a pessimist, I am!! :undecided: )

You are such a pessimist.

Just because one project got delayed, doesn't mean everything will be delayed.

On topic, it was long anticipated by defence analysts that IAC-2 will be a nuclear-powered carrier.

What we need are atleast 3 such N-powered carriers, each with atleast 65,000 ton displacement and
deploying 5th generation FGFA fighters.

On topic, it was long anticipated by defence analysts that IAC-2 will be a nuclear-powered carrier.

What we need are atleast 3 such N-powered carriers, each with atleast 65,000 ton displacement and

I dont think we will be going Russia's way for the reactor and tech - the best partner would be the US oor go indigeneous.

Normally it would take 7/8 years to build a carrier. May be 10 years for indian standards .

If IAC-2 really become N-ACC then it will go beyond 65000 tons most probabaly about 80000 tonnes.
and if we are looking for N-FGFA then we have to skip Catapult/EMALS and go back to ski jump

Normally it would take 7/8 years to build a carrier. May be 10 years for indian standards .

If IAC-2 really become N-ACC then it will go beyond 65000 tons most probabaly about 80000 tonnes.
and if we are looking for N-FGFA then we have to skip Catapult/EMALS and go back to ski jump

I believe we should build a CATOBAR-compatible version of FGFA for IAC-2.

This is because by the time IAC-2 enters service, all the top navies of the world will be
using 5th gen planes from carriers - and we cannot buy F-35B due to the large amount of
restrictions and no ToT.

I believe we should build a CATOBAR-compatible version of FGFA for IAC-2.

This is because by the time IAC-2 enters service, all the top navies of the world will be
using 5th gen planes from carriers - and we cannot buy F-35B due to the large amount of
restrictions and no ToT.

Ok we should but can we ???
Russians are not going to do it as they are more than happy with ski jump. And they will develop N-PAKFA for RuN. So we have to count on DRDO to modify FGFA for catapult operations.

I believe IAF will go for the ski jump instead.
BTW there was a new design of ACC floating around internet. Catapult and comparatively small ski jump. That should be interesting for us.

Ok we should but can we ???
Russians are not going to do it as they are more than happy with ski jump. And they will develop N-PAKFA for RuN. So we have to count on DRDO to modify FGFA for catapult operations.

I believe IAF will go for the ski jump instead.
BTW there was a new design of ACC floating around internet. Catapult and comparatively small ski jump. That should be interesting for us.

DRDO/HAL and Sukhoi can work together on modifying N-FGFA for CATOBAR ops, provided we are
ready to swipe our card.

But indeed the best option appears to adopt a hybrid take-off system for IAC-2 with both catapults
and ski-jumps. The carrier can then operate FGFAs for air superiority ops and Tejas Mk-2 or Rafale-M
for strike missions.

993935_10151733203410798_383158770_n.jpg

Here i come :devil:

Ahhhh...the ski-jump is here.

I dont think this would be cost effective. There are better ways to spend the money. India is not trying to police the planet like the US. Indias security needs are less demanding.

I dont think this would be cost effective. There are better ways to spend the money. India is not trying to police the planet like the US. Indias security needs are less demanding.

We don't know what role India will play after 2020 at the world stage.

DRDO/HAL and Sukhoi can work together on modifying N-FGFA for CATOBAR ops, provided we are
ready to swipe our card.

But indeed the best option appears to adopt a hybrid take-off system for IAC-2 with both catapults
and ski-jumps. The carrier can then operate FGFAs for air superiority ops and Tejas Mk-2 or Rafale-M
for strike missions.

Ahhhh...the ski-jump is here.

Don't you think it will be highly impossible ???
To work with Sukoi we need to give them access to US catapult system. Will it be possible ??? Will American allow us to show their monopoly card to Russians. I don't thinks so.
May be Dassault if Russians don't mind them handling and modifying FGFA

Catapult and Rafael don't seem to materialise at the same time. Uncle sam will tag F-18s with catapult

Back
Top Bottom