What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Yeah the superstructure looks modern and compact. Can't wait for this one!:yahoo:

Great news.
But still have to wait 4 years to see this beauty in action.

Good news. I hope fanboys and our project manager babus realize an awful lot of work is still required and if anyone promises any unrealistic dates to media I'll personally slap them.

Don't tell me I did not warn you :)

Good news . You can always count on the Cochin Shipyard .

Can somebody explain why there is a delay of five years for commissioning .

Good news . You can always count on the Cochin Shipyard .

Can somebody explain why there is a delay of five years for commissioning .

First reason is Russia committed delay in supplying warship grade steel which lead local development & production of warship grade steel by DRDO & SAIL.
Second the truck which carried gearbox of ship is met accident which malfunctioned the gearbox then it also cause delay of a year.
Third is we are making such complex warship first time then some delay is possible.

only bad news is it won't be CATOBAR

BTW IAC 1 can have upto 30 aircrafts

Can you confirm that? I believe the full compliment of the Vikrant cannot exceed 20 fixed wing air crafts?

I won't believe it until I see it painted in IN's scheme and see MiG-29Ks take off from there.

so after some time we can hope to see some super-carriers being produced in india?

so after some time we can hope to see some super-carriers being produced in india?

That is some time away, it will require DAE to formally commence work on a larger naval reactor (they are currently more concerned about the 180MW reactor required for the larger Arihant follow on SSBN but the said reactor can be used in a cluster for a Super AC like in the case of the Nimitz class Super AC), unless we end up labeling the to be INS Vishal as a super carrier- considering it would be roughly equivalent to the Queen Elizabeth class AC.

That is some time away, it will require DAE to formally commence work on a larger naval reactor (they are currently more concerned about the 180MW reactor required for the larger Arihant follow on SSBN but the said reactor can be used in a cluster for a Super AC like in the case of the Nimitz class Super AC), unless we end up labeling the to be INS Vishal as a super carrier- considering it would be roughly equivalent to the Queen Elizabeth class AC.

I thought that miniaturizing a reactor was a problem.Can't we put a normal reactor on an AC.

Back
Top Bottom