What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Agreed, it's very impressive considering the budget and size of RAW (which is not inconsiderable).

Budget & Size??

No Idea at all, what i have read is based on pure SPECULATION.

Do you have any rough figure??

Budget & Size??

No Idea at all, what i have read is based on pure SPECULATION.

Do you have any rough figure??

Of course there has never been any OFFICAL news on either. I have heard some (fairly reliable) figures on employees but I won't divulge these to anyone as I was asked not to. Budget is anywhere from $1.7BN-$3BN (and increasing rapidly year on year) and this doesn't include IB's and NRTO's (entirely) separate budgets. Honestly, I was shocked when I heard this range but when i received a breakdown of just some of the ways this funding is spent I can understand.

Of course there has never been any OFFICAL news on either. I have heard some (fairly reliable) figures on employees but I won't divulge these to anyone as I was asked not to. Budget is anywhere from $1.7BN-$3BN (and increasing rapidly year on year) and this doesn't include IB's and NRTO's (entirely) separate budgets. Honestly, I was shocked when I heard this range but when i received a breakdown of just some of the ways this funding is spent I can understand.

Can you divulge it on my mail id :D

Can you divulge it on my mail id :D

Mate, I was asked specifically not to. And these details were only shared on the basis I not repeat them to a soul. I feel I was pushing the limits of trust just by providing the budgetary range so I'll politely shy away from divulging any more specif info on this subject. I hope you can understand. You are a sensible member here and I'm sure you can understand why I am being so cagey on this topic.

Mate, I was asked specifically not to. And these details were only shared on the basis I not repeat them to a soul. I feel I was pushing the limits of trust just by providing the budgetary range so I'll politely shy away from divulging any more specif info on this subject. I hope you can understand. You are a sensible member here and I'm sure you can understand why I am being so cagey on this topic.

Ofcourse, i understand mate, was just testing you :D

Still we can remain in touch if you can PM me your ID if you like :)

Sadly, which hardly makes sense, since a forum is meant for discussions and communications in whatever form. Either PMs, or the msg board should have remained to as an option for off topic talk (like this!!!).

100% agree, there must be a technical reason behind this otherwise it is absurd.

Sadly, which hardly makes sense, since a forum is meant for discussions and communications in whatever form. Either PMs, or the msg board should have remained to as an option for off topic talk (like this!!!).

yeS, see what has it come to...... @sancho have to post an OFF-TOPIC post :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Russian Frigate Built for India Starts Final Trials in Baltic Sea

KALININGRAD, April 5 (RIA Novosti) - The last in a series of three frigates that Russia is building for India at the Yantar shipyard in the Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad has started final trials, a shipyard spokesman said on Friday.

The Trikand frigate carried out workup trials on March 14 and was cleared for final state trials on April 4, spokesman Sergei Mikhailov said, adding the trials will last through the end of April.
The frigate is due to be handed over to the Indian Navy this June, Mikhailov said.

Russia and India signed a $1.6 billion contract on the construction of three modified Krivak III class (also known as Talwar class) guided missile frigates for India in 2006.

The first frigate, INS Teg, joined the Indian Navy on April 27, 2012, and the second, The Tarkash, arrived at the port of Mumbai in India on December 30, 2012.

The frigates are each armed with eight BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles.

They are also equipped with a 100-mm gun, a Shtil surface-to-air missile system, two Kashtan air-defense gun/missile systems, two twin 533-mm torpedo launchers and an antisubmarine warfare (ASW) helicopter.

Russian Frigate Built for India Starts Final Trials in Baltic Sea | Defense | RIA Novosti

Russian Frigate Built for India Starts Final Trials in Baltic Sea

KALININGRAD, April 5 (RIA Novosti) - The last in a series of three frigates that Russia is building for India at the Yantar shipyard in the Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad has started final trials, a shipyard spokesman said on Friday.

The Trikand frigate carried out workup trials on March 14 and was cleared for final state trials on April 4, spokesman Sergei Mikhailov said, adding the trials will last through the end of April.
The frigate is due to be handed over to the Indian Navy this June, Mikhailov said.

Russia and India signed a $1.6 billion contract on the construction of three modified Krivak III class (also known as Talwar class) guided missile frigates for India in 2006.

The first frigate, INS Teg, joined the Indian Navy on April 27, 2012, and the second, The Tarkash, arrived at the port of Mumbai in India on December 30, 2012.

The frigates are each armed with eight BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles.

They are also equipped with a 100-mm gun, a Shtil surface-to-air missile system, two Kashtan air-defense gun/missile systems, two twin 533-mm torpedo launchers and an antisubmarine warfare (ASW) helicopter.

Russian Frigate Built for India Starts Final Trials in Baltic Sea | Defense | RIA Novosti

already posted news dude.

Indian navy is considering three more frigates as follow-on order for talwar/krivak iii. Will it be the same krivak iii class or stealthier with flushed deck??

Something interesting for IN:

dsc03286_tcm46-159832.jpg

These are pics of the Dutch LDP Johan de Witt and some of the pirate boats they catched, during their anti piracy missions alongside the Somalian coast. A single vessel that operates several helicopters and smaller vessels to patrol a wider area. Also interesting that they purposely patroled alongside to the coastline, close to known pirate bases, to catch them faster instead of searching them at sea.

More pics:

21510c4a56be3b4e4f7c3be3083f78be-1672958580-1300696097-4d870c21-620x348.jpg

100507_DISRUPTION-E046-BY-JWIT_U-623x393.jpg

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom