What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

dsc01839721213.jpg

Primary flight control bridge, Flag bridge, Radar electronic, Chart-room , Flight deck control..

Interesting - how this pic has not evinced a deluge of comments from our forummers. Or has it missed out from everyone's eyesight that this is for the IAC?

Interesting - how this pic has not evinced a deluge of comments from our forummers. Or has it missed out from everyone's eyesight that this is for the IAC?

Because this picture has been circulating for some time.It was posted before and discussions held.

So other than the 8 ordered how many P-8Is IN is looking in to heard that the next ordered for which they are planning to put is about 22 P-8Is as the INAF has a clear requirement for 30 of P-8Is and more over they are also looking into C-130J Sea Hercules for Coast guards as well as some smaller ones like Saab-2000MPA and ATR-72 MPAs...

Because this picture has been circulating for some time.It was posted before and discussions held.

Could I humbly ask you to direct me to those pages? (Not of the hull of the IAC-1 of which pictures are abound, but of the island in the picture I referred to) I tried but due to the lack of luxury of time, am requesting you. Just want to see the discussions pertianing to those.

Could I humbly ask you to direct me to those pages? (Not of the hull of the IAC-1 of which pictures are abound, but of the island in the picture I referred to) I tried but due to the lack of luxury of time, am requesting you. Just want to see the discussions pertianing to those.

This picture has been circulating as early as 2009 and I remember this picture being posted .But finding the discussions back from 4 years is almost impossible job.The only option is to do a image search , if the sites has one.

This picture has been circulating as early as 2009 and I remember this picture being posted .But finding the discussions back from 4 years is almost impossible job.The only option is to do a image search , if the sites has one.

Thanks Kurup, didnt realise the island and other sections dated as far back as 2009. Guess by now there's a lot that is welded and formed.

Project+71+IAC-1's+IPMS-1.jpg

Project+71+IAC-1's+IPMS-2.jpg

ADS-1 UPDATES (SOURCE: PSG)
1)Work has begun at last at Cochin Shipyard Ltd on installation of the integrated propulsion system on board Project 71/IAC-1.

2)Ski-ramp for IAC-1 has already been pre-fabricated & is ready for fitment on the superstructure.

United States Seventh Fleet Commander visits Kochi : News & Events : Indian Navy

United States Seventh Fleet Commander visits Kochi
US_FC.jpg

Vice Admiral Scott H Swift receiving a momento from Vice Admiral Satish Soni

Vice Admiral Scott H Swift, Commander of the Seventh Fleet of the United States Navy, arrived at Kochi on 02 April for a two day visit. The Seventh Fleet is the largest of the United States Navy, with 60-70 ships, 200-300 aircraft and approximately 40,000 Sailors and Marines operating on a typical day. The Admiral is in India as the Co Chair of Indo-US Navy Executive Steering Group. Vice Admiral Scott Swift called on Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command. Thereafter, he visited the training facilities at Southern Naval Command. The other item listed on the schedule of the visiting US Admiral includes a brief exposure to Kerala’s traditional performing arts. The visit will facilitate professional and social bonding between the senior leadership of the two Navies.

@sancho @Koovie @KRAIT @arp2041 @RPK @S-DUCT @kurup

I am not a native-Hindi speaker, can you tell me what is the literal translation of "Sagar Prahari Bal" into English?

Thanks for you help mates!

Sagar means Ocean

Prahari means Defence/Policing/Protection

Bal means Force

So it roughly translates to "Ocean Protection Force".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sagar means Ocean

Prahari means Defence/Policing/Protection

Bal means Force

So it roughly translates to "Ocean Protection Force".

I thought prahar means attack .

Thanks anyway bud, got my answer!

Hmm, intriguing. Confirms a few interesting things I have been hearing then!

Are those interesting things out in the open to share ??

PS : Although not a hindi speaker , I can understand hindi.I thought it would be better you know the original meaning from a actual speaker and not my opinion.........:D

@kurup PRAHAR & PRAHARI are two different words, yes, Prahar means to attack but Prahari means to defend.

Both words are not used these days in Hindi, i think they are Pure Sanskrit words (someone, please correct me if wrong).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom