What's new

Indian Navy future plan ???

It would depend upon Chinese and US naval presence in the Indian Ocean

How is the size of US Navy in Indian Ocean affect the size of
Indian Navy. US has no foreseeable intention of engaging in war with India. If anything, India will allow US Navy to use Indian ports as part of the cooperation between the two nations.

My estimate for 2030:
3 Aircraft Carriers.
4 LHDs.( may be 2-3 active by 2030).
10 Destroyers( 7 AESA equipped).
20-22 Frigates( 7 AESA equipped).
4 SSBNs.
2-3 SSNs out of 6-8 planned.
15 SSKs of different classes.
40+ corvettes of different weight and role.
PS: apart from these, I am sure several new classes of warships would be planned or be under construction by then like I remember reading Indian Navy was interested in a new cruiser like warship post Vishakhapatnam class.

And what are the likelihood that India will have these many number of ships and subs. Should we look at predictions from 5-10 years ago.

How is the size of US Navy in Indian Ocean affect the size of
Indian Navy. US has no foreseeable intention of engaging in war with India. If anything, India will allow US Navy to use Indian ports as part of the cooperation between the two nations.

even if india and usa are friendly the size of us navy would impact indian naval strength

even if india and usa are friendly the size of us navy would impact indian naval strength

How so? Is there any scenario US navy would affect the size of Indian Navy? I certainly cannot see any.

if America cuts back Indian navy would have to compensate for American cutbacks

If that is the case, yes. India need to show the world that they cannot just rely on the US for defense needs. Everyone need to contribute. America is doing way too much for the world. Others need to pick up the slack.

if America cuts back Indian navy would have to compensate for American cutbacks
If that is the case, yes. India need to show the world that they cannot just rely on the US for defense needs. Everyone need to contribute. America is doing way too much for the world. Others need to pick up the slack.
Indian navy is not depended upon US Navy presence, It never was. Till a decade ago IN saw USN as a foe and a pakistan ally.

In 1971, US send seventh fleet to stop india during Bangladesh war. USSR had to intervene to neutralize the threat.

No, Last P15B is scheduled for 2024.
That is also correct as well. Once P15B hull completes, naval design buerow will start working on P18 class destroyer. And as it's modular, we can safely assume initial boats will be in service before 2030.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom