What's new

Indian Muslims Prohibited From Ramazan Prayers in Jalandhar

Every dispute has to be heard by courts right?

The police/municipality or any authority did not come and intervene here, it was a show of force by the local mob.

Its a classic example of the tyranny of the majority. So next time anyone wants to get their way in India they should just get a lynch mob ready and have their way?

This hardly seems like the right SOP by any measure.

What Jury? You guys didn't take the issue to the court - in fact it were the Muslims that first went to the police against the actions of the residents.

You seem to be ignorant of how religious processions/prayers/congregations are conducted in India.

For example Ganesh chaturthi visarjans can be conducted only after the police give permissions.

Please dont bring in your "newspaper" knowledge of India here..Every religious congregation can happen only after the police gives permission after it reviews security situation. One just cant go barge in and conduct prayer wherever he wants - no matter which community he is from.

Its a classic example of the tyranny of the majority.

Ofcourse it will seem so to a Pakistani. Them evil Hindus..:lol:

you can't go ahead and gather meeting , prayers etc in A residential area even if you own the land.you need the no objection letters from residents of that area , permission from municipality , police etc . it is evident that the land is disputed from some time .

Every dispute has to be heard by courts right?

The police/municipality or any authority did not come and intervene here, it was a show of force by the local mob.

Its a classic example of the tyranny of the majority. So next time anyone wants to get their way in India they should just get a lynch mob ready and have their way?

This hardly seems like the right SOP by any measure.

Let the aggrieved parties go to court.

The court will not take suo moto action coz the local administration has to step in & control this first.

The local DM/ DC & SP must get the rap for not foreseeing such an eventuality.

There is no tryanny of a majority, simply a case of a group trying to institutionalize their ' kabza' to build a place of worship.

One saw this recently in Delhi - Akbarbadi Mosque.

The Muslim community disregarded the court order & proceeded with illegal construction till stopped by force.

Even as the Muslims had started offering prayers with the advent of Ramzan some days back on Thursday they were not allowed on Thursday evening after residents of the locality had opposed and staged a dharna outside the site.

From the news article, it's obvious that after a week has passed, then the locals or otherwise descended on the site and raised objections. An acutely organised and staged performance by the culprits.

This is why "newspaper knowledge" is not helpful when debating things happening at the level of municipalities.

you can't go ahead and gather meeting , prayers etc in A residential area even if you own the land.you need the no objection letters from residents of that area , permission from municipality , police etc . it is evident that the land is disputed from some time .

QFT.

Yup its true but didn't see you lot when Chinese didn't allow it and when this news was published you called it western propaganda at the same time you believe the source of this news.

Why are you so much bias ?

Is that true Windjammer? :angry: And then these Indians have gutz to talk about Chinese Muslims and the ban on Ramadan over there, when they themselves do such things!! :hitwall:

No denying it, the news is from an Indian source, but guess what, all the rules, morals,and laws of the land have come into play now. :lol:

Ofcourse it will seem so to a Pakistani. Them evil Hindus..:lol:

Interesting.. so now you wish to cower behind a "siege mentality".. "all pakistanis are against us.. yada yada"..
apparently you arent objective or astute.. as you so play out to be.

A minority is being suppressed.. but since that minority does not belong to your religion.. then their objections are invalid..
or .. as your Indian "siege mentality" permits it.. if a Pakistani objects to it.. he'll object to it naturally under some evil yindoo guise.
Good going.

LOL there's 17 crore Muslims in India and they follow their religion, if anyone had stopped them - other than this being a disputed property where it pertains to trespassing - imagine Indians would themselves have spoken against it.

Do you understand what "land disputes" mean ?

BTW if you are one of the 'My daddy strongest' brigade, excuse me.

Since you keep repeating your favourite punch line, there is a certain video tape, where Israelis see India as a vulnerable female,
Best to leave strong daddy and weak basanti for another thread. :)

Shame on indians- Really shame-
They call themselves tolerant secular- and what ever-
India should declare itself hindu republic state-

Interesting.. so now you wish to cower behind a "siege mentality".. "all pakistanis are against us.. yada yada"..
apparently you arent objective or astute.. as you so play out to be.

A minority is being suppressed.. but since that minority does not belong to your religion.. then their objections are invalid..
or .. as your Indian "siege mentality" permits it.. if a Pakistani objects to it.. he'll object to it naturally under some evil yindoo guise.
Good going.

Oh please ! I was responding to Asim's utterly gratuitous comment on "tyranny of majority"..

This is a land dispute and will be treated as such...I know that every such incident will be looked upon you as a justification for 1947 , even if they are not actually. But I cant let that personal need of yours tarnish any Indian community.

Since you keep repeating your favourite punch line, there is a certain video tape, where Israelis see India as a vulnerable female,
Best to leave strong daddy and weak basanti for another thread. :)

Why should I care what Israelis see of India ? Your head spinning mate ?

Its a land dispute.

No prayers are held at the site, not even infrequently. This is because the site is disputed.

Its just land, not a religious site.

Trying to hold prayers there at the sensitive time of Ramadan without permission is ALSO mob behavior

I do not expect Pakistanis with their 1947 mentality to see it as it is. They see 'suppression' in a dispute. As if there are no land disputes in Pakistan.

I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom