What's new

Indian Muslims Prohibited From Ramazan Prayers in Jalandhar

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
They wouldn't have started singing Bhajans in response if noise was an issue (considering that's the only issue they have with a mosque), its not an Indian national issue but it does highlight the level of intolerance from the common people in certain localities.

Also it was the responsibility of the police to hand over a court notice to the Waqf board to not conduct prayers/construction there, not the local mob's.

It is obviously not as much as a clean issue as you are making it out to be. There is strong reprimand needed, instead there is strong defence of intolerance.

Again this is a civil issue and the not the religious issue you make it out to be.

Use of loudspeakers in Mosques are not banned nor regulated in India.

You would not know how much noise is an issue at 5 in the morning and mosques dont have any regulation...:lol:

Anyway I would not like to take this further...this is not a religious issue, but a civil issue. The land is disputed and the Indian courts are there to adjudicate the issue based on records. I have trust in them to do justice.

The lack of controls is a legislative issue. The issue was not taken to the court, in fact it seems the Muslims were the first to push the matter with the police, demanding they publicly release certain revenue funds papers that declare the land to the Waqf board. Instead of garnering a mob (and the lack of police action against the mob) shows bad judgment/intolerance. Instead a stay order should have been issue by a court of the law - competent on the legislation allowing/disallowing construction and prayers.

If everything will be settled by mobs, phir hogaya kaam.

They wouldn't have started singing Bhajans in response if noise was an issue (considering that's the only issue they have with a mosque), its not an Indian national issue but it does highlight the level of intolerance from the common people in certain localities.

Also it was the responsibility of the police to hand over a court notice to the Waqf board to not conduct prayers/construction there, not the local mob's.

It is obviously not as much as a clean issue as you are making it out to be. There is strong reprimand needed, instead there is strong defence of intolerance.

Well, intolerance is not restricted to one side of the border. However, in this case one does not see any.

Which court notice ? The land may belong to the wakf board but they cannot pray at will anywhere. The expressway from Delhi to Gurgaon gets routinely blocked for prayers which is ok coz the local admistration permits it & provides for it. Evidently no such thing existed here , it seems like a case of getting a toe hold & proceeding further with a mosque based on the fact that prayers were held there.

There does not seem to be an intolerance issue here - only a site specific prob.

Again this is a civil issue and the not the religious issue you make it out to be.

I don't know what you mean by differentiating between the two? I'm not arguing the validity of the Islamic faith over the Hindu faith, I'm talking about lawful/unlawful practices. Even if its a civil issue - that is unlawful - the civil crime of not allowing prayers by force emanates from intolerant religious doctrine.

The lack of controls is a legislative issue. The issue was not taken to the court, in fact it seems the Muslims were the first to push the matter with the police, demanding they publicly release certain revenue funds papers that declare the land to the Waqf board. Instead of garnering a mob (and the lack of police action against the mob) shows bad judgment/intolerance. Instead a stay order should have been issue by a court of the law - competent on the legislation allowing/disallowing construction and prayers.

If everything will be settled by mobs, phir hogaya kaam.

Its not a mob - they were the residents of that area. Residents of a area gathering together dont constitute a mob. :lol:

And regarding the court,stay, vaida etc unfortunately dont carry much weight going by recent happenings in Delhi.

I don't know what you mean by differentiating between the two? I'm not arguing the validity of the Islamic faith over the Hindu faith, I'm talking about lawful/unlawful practices. Even if its a civil issue - that is unlawful - the civil crime of not allowing prayers by force emanates from intolerant religious doctrine.

Protesting is still not illegal in India. The bare truth is offering prayers is the first step in legitimising a community's claim over a land and probably that is why the residents are concerned. And by community I mean all communities..

Well, intolerance is not restricted to one side of the border. However, in this case one does not see any.

Which court notice ? The land may belong to the wakf board but they cannot pray at will anywhere.

Who is going to tell that to the Waqf? The police should bring a court order expressly stating they can't conduct prayers there.

The local residents have no business in enforcing a shutdown by force if anyone does, they should be thrown in jail.

If I say I have legal right to conduct prayers on this land and you say I don't. You can't stop me from praying there - you have to approach the law enforcing authorities to do so.

In this case the local residents stopped them first. Conducted their own bhajans and then the Muslims went to the police who requested they be given 3 days time to tackle the issue.

What a mess.

Protesting is still not illegal in India.

Occupying territory forcibly is.

A few people with comprehension problems both local and foreign pls chill. If the land official belongs to the mosque pls go ahead and submit the proofs for the same and you are free to carry on with your prayers. If the laand belongs to state, authorities provide with required proof, even then allow the mosque to stay and the people allowed to conduct their prayers till the ramzan ends.

For the member who says
"So noise is not an issue, its being hit by sound waves generated by Muslim activity."
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...-prohibited-ramzan-prayers.html#ixzz22ZFfIQb6

Pls refrain from sounding such comments when you are ignorant of the ground realities. Here at my place which dose not even has a sizable Muslim community, enjoys a few freedoms which they may not in other parts. Such as the firm where they work (I am not at comfort disclosing the name) provides exclusive access to its food court after sunset and b4 sunrise for the people on fast. They also have dedicated a non furnished room for their prayers. All this done by a rajasthani kshatriya, whose the head of the particular dept.

The first duty of administration is always keeping the peace after that they think about settling the issue.

The jury is still out on that one -" who is occupying whose land ". So I would not comment on that.

I repeat - The bare truth is offering prayers is the first step in legitimising a community's claim over a land and probably that is why the residents are concerned. And by community I mean all communities..

Who is going to tell that to the Waqf? The police should bring a court order expressly stating they can't conduct prayers there.

The local residents have no business in enforcing a shutdown by force if anyone does, they should be thrown in jail.

If I say I have legal right to conduct prayers on this land and you say I don't. You can't stop me from praying there - you have to approach the law enforcing authorities to do so.

In this case the local residents stopped them first. Conducted their own bhajans and then the Muslims went to the police who requested they be given 3 days time to tackle the issue.

What a mess.

Why court orders ?

Each municipality has earmarked grounds for religious activities _ Ramlila grounds, Idgah , places for fetes organised by the Church , routes along which marches Sikhs carry out on Sahidi diwas etc.

If a community wants to deviate from this they need to take permission.

You do it on your own - there will be resistance.

Even Temples, gurudwaras , Mosques & Churches cannt be built anywhere as it pleases a community.

kṣamā;3266063 said:
Pls refrain from sounding such comments when you are ignorant of the ground realities. Here at my place which dose not even has a sizable Muslim community, enjoys a few freedoms which they may not in other parts. Such as the firm where they work (I am not at comfort disclosing the name) provides exclusive access to its food court after sunset and b4 sunrise for the people on fast. They also have dedicated a non furnished room for their prayers. All this done by a rajasthani kshatriya, whose the head of the particular dept.
What has that got to do with anything? You're saying you guys have been tolerant enough with the Muslims so you're due one intolerant knock?

Your place and this place are two different things and no I'm not holding the entire Indian nation accountable for the intolerance however the local police has not acted professionally and the victim has been treated as the criminal that's where the state starts to become accountable.

Why court orders ?

Each municipality has earmarked grounds for religious activities _ Ramlila grounds, Idgah , places for fetes organised by the Church , routes along which marches Siks carry out on Sahidi diwas etc.

If a community wants to deviate from this they need to take permission.

You do it on your own - there will be resistance.

Every dispute has to be heard by courts right?

The police/municipality or any authority did not come and intervene here, it was a show of force by the local mob.

Its a classic example of the tyranny of the majority. So next time anyone wants to get their way in India they should just get a lynch mob ready and have their way?

This hardly seems like the right SOP by any measure.

The jury is still out on that one -" who is occupying whose land ". So I would not comment on that.

I repeat - The bare truth is offering prayers is the first step in legitimising a community's claim over a land and probably that is why the residents are concerned. And by community I mean all communities..

What Jury? You guys didn't take the issue to the court - in fact it were the Muslims that first went to the police against the actions of the residents.

Back
Top Bottom