What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

a missile should function similarly at any point of the day...it does not need any optical input(only the shorter ones do)...the 'night' had nothing to do with this failure...
it is a radar guided missile

I failed to contemplate the technical challenges about a missile behaving fins during the day but not in night...Can someone please enlighten me??
IIRC, Agni-II 2nd stage doesnt have fins, it has flex noozles for thrust vectoring (for steering). In this particular test, this particular one missile's 2nd stage had problems staying on the trajectory. So either its a problem with the guidance system software or with the nozzles, IMHO.

i think the solution would be to put some headlights on its nose !
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rest assured, the DRDO chaps will look into the problem and will rectify it asap. We should see a successful night time test very soon!

koi baat nahi.Waisebee we shouldn't attack enemy when they are sleeping.

As Mr. Vajpayee would have said...

Kisee ki neend kharab karna "Yeh Acche Baat Nahi Hai"

According to wiki these are the guidance systems:

Ring Laser Gyro- INS (Inertial Navigation System), optionally augmented by GPS terminal guidance with possible radar scene correlation

wtf?!!
Nothing is there that might have any relation to daylight!!

Whats going on I really dont understand what this night trial means and yes it kind of forces you to make some carrot jokes.

Is this an Ambassador car or something,
The terminology "night test" sounds bizarre to say the least,

Once such weapons are launched, their inertial navigation system automatically takes over.

Even those obsolete Scuds were mostly launched during the night in the Dessert Storm conflict.

This is bad news :angry:

I do not mind the Agni III tests failing or any other newer missiles. But Agni II which i guess is already with the army failing is not a good sign :cry:

I have couple of questions if anyone can clear up

1. How many already manufactured Agni-II missile we have ?
2. What it means when an inducted missile is fails user trials, in other words not reliable.
3. I mean if there are technical problems are they supposed to be in each missile ? My concern is Do they have to correct it for all missiles ?
4. If Agni-II is not working properly where does it place us with respect to current preparedness ? Only Prithivi and Agni-I ?

I hope they are making constant improvements in technology and trying new things on older missiles to improve quality and the failures are with respect to improvements and not the basic missiles themselves which would place us in a soup. Hope the Initial make of Agni-II is still working good minus the improvements they are trying. :undecided:

This is bad news :angry:

I do not mind the Agni III tests failing or any other newer missiles. But Agni II which i guess is already with the army failing is not a good sign :cry:

I have couple of questions if anyone can clear up

1. How many already manufactured Agni-II missile we have ?
2. What it means when an inducted missile is fails user trials, in other words not reliable.
3. I mean if there are technical problems are they supposed to be in each missile ? My concern is Do they have to correct it for all missiles ?
4. If Agni-II is not working properly where does it place us with respect to current preparedness ? Only Prithivi and Agni-I ?

I hope they are making constant improvements in technology and trying new things on older missiles to improve quality and the failures are with respect to improvements and not the basic missiles themselves which would place us in a soup. Hope the Initial make of Agni-II is still working good minus the improvements they are trying. :undecided:

are they(agni-1 & prithvi) tested at night before?:undecided:

The Times of India on Mobile

The test launch was significant from India's strategic point of view because for the first time since the beginning of DRDO’s missile development programme, a missile was put under trial during night
Why the first night trail ? should that be done before even deployed ?

Make no sense to deploy a daytime missiles only. :smitten:
:pakistan::china:

:what: missiles can't see in night :woot:!!!:eek:
i think the solution would be to put some headlights on its nose or either put some flood lights on the target. :cool::smokin:

i think i cracked it:victory:
anyway, waiting for some serious information, why is that so !
These were words of my mouth...;).
i will give one solution
consider this is agni and ur target
----------------) [] ,make it more advanced like this:mod:
i mean when ever u want to fire agni on enemy site..inform them first,so they can put signal light on the roof of ur target.and then fire.it is going to be succesful..if no resistance

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

ya seriously why is it so?

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Technical fault ..i guess

The Times of India on Mobile

The test launch was significant from India's strategic point of view because for the first time since the beginning of DRDO’s missile development programme, a missile was put under trial during night
Why the first night trail ? should that be done before even deployed ?

Make no sense to deploy a daytime missiles only. :smitten:
:pakistan::china:

perhaps the test is not for missile itself but for the soldiers who operate the missile? someone pressed wrong button?:what:
from the report, i think the missile would be failed even during day time.. How many tests had the missile done before?

Back
Top Bottom