What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Eurocopter Fennec At Recent Indian Army Trials In Leh

DSC08247-770485.JPG

DSC08250-771490.JPG

DSC08259-772730.JPG

This Eurocopter AS550C3 Fennec is expected to be on static display at Aero India 2011 next week at Yelahanka. The helicopter is competing for the Indian Army's 197 reconnaissance and surveillance helicopter (RSH) competition against the Russian Kamov Ka-226.

Livefist: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Eurocopter Fennec At Recent Indian Army Trials In Leh

Mh, will the Ka226 also be at AERO INDIA? If not and the Mig 35 also not coming, does this mean the Kamov is out and the Fennec finally chosen?
Honestly I can understand that MMRCA with several contenders and big offset, ToT offers needs time for evaluation and decisions, but why this LUH competition, or the HLH, HCH competitions needs so long, when there are always only 2 contenders left?

Well Eurocopter is the leading contender to BAG the order for 197 Light Utility Helicopters

Well Eurocopter is the leading contender to BAG the order for 197 Light Utility Helicopters

That's not surprising by the fact that they won the initial competition as well, but what takes so long then? Why the dicision is so delayed and we recently see more and more problems with the helicopters, that should be replaced?
The same kind of delays caused the death of several IAF fighter pilots, because they still have to fly outdated Migs.

Mh, will the Ka226 also be at AERO INDIA?
Yes. Apart from this there would be many other helicopters from Russia in aero India.
I hope the decision is made soon and also the induction.

Last edited:
Pardon me for asking, but your attack helicopter seems to carry very less weapons compared to other light attack helicopters in the field. The American-made AH-1 Cobra seems to be able to carry quad-ATGM racks as compared to yours as well as larger multiple rocket pods. Could you enlighten me as to how come your manufacturers did not think of increasing the helicopter's ability to carry a more world standard amount of munitions and instead have so less?

Pardon me for asking, but your attack helicopter seems to carry very less weapons compared to other light attack helicopters in the field. The American-made AH-1 Cobra seems to be able to carry quad-ATGM racks as compared to yours as well as larger multiple rocket pods. Could you enlighten me as to how come your manufacturers did not think of increasing the helicopter's ability to carry a more world standard amount of munitions and instead have so less?

Its not the final product, it will have few more changes before it gets inducted.

Most of the attack Helis including AH-1 Cobra and LCH have 4 hard points to carry weaponry. You can fix whatever weapon systems(ATGM, Rockets etc) on those hardpoints.

Cobra

ah1-cobra.jpg

LCH
HAL+LCH+-+Armament+Model.jpg

Most of the attack Helis including AH-1 Cobra and LCH have 4 hard points to carry weaponry. You can fix whatever weapon systems(ATGM, Rockets etc) on those hardpoints.

Cobra

ah1-cobra.jpg

LCH
HAL+LCH+-+Armament+Model.jpg

Do you see the difference in the capacity of weapons both helicopters are holding? Does your LCH also have an equal capacity to carry the larger rocket pods and the quad-store ATGM carriage as shown in the American AH-1?

Back
Top Bottom