What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

8484456467_0ed7d21ce5_b.jpg

8529122641_448f6395a9_b.jpg

People overestimate what the SFF is. The SFF is similar to the CIA's SAD for RAW.

The real interesting part of the SFF is the Special Group which is their all-India joint Spec Ops unit.

bro do you know SAD?? personals for SAD is selected from DELTA force And seal team 6. SFF is getting similar training of para commandos. SG is the most well equipped and well trained special forces in india, which get training of marcos, and paracommandos and also get some advanced training in covert operation in israel.

may be SFF

Yeah..maybe you are right.

But after spending 7 years searchng web world and real world about the Indian SFs i have come modified my perspective for Indian Defence Forces overall.

The fact remains that even the Iraqi and Afghani SF are still better equipped than the Indian SF and like it or not the SSG remains the only force which is used as a SF(doesnt matter how many casualties they suffer as long as their commanders know what an SF is)

People overestimate what the SFF is. The SFF is similar to the CIA's SAD for RAW.

The real interesting part of the SFF is the Special Group which is their all-India joint Spec Ops unit.

Bro,i know you wont like me for this but there is no All India Spec Ops unit.

Its being created by a few fanboys.There is no existence whatsoever and the last records of SG suggest it is a All para Unit.

We over estimate our capabilities where the fact remains we dont use our Special forces where it has to be used and our media and politicians barks all year.

We are soo scared of China that we have to always act sensible to not hurt them and when our trigger happy senseless neighbour kills our troops all we can do is complaint.

Shame on our politicians and shame on us for 'wasting money' on SFs..better to utilise the amount somewhere else like poverty coz even after F-INSAS and all the fcking hi tech gadgets you gonna get the enemy will walk in and kill your troops because the dont want peace and you dont have the GUTS.

2 beheaded in January,8 killed in July,5 in August..what did the SG,SF do about it..Nothing!!

bro do you know SAD?? personals for SAD is selected from DELTA force And seal team 6. SFF is getting similar training of para commandos. SG is the most well equipped and well trained special forces in india, which get training of marcos, and paracommandos and also get some advanced training in covert operation in israel.
I'm aware I SAD's make up. SFF's ROLE is similar not its rank and file structure ie the SFF is NOT made up of ex Indian SF guys.

Coming to SG. They are not a seperate entity from the Indian SOF community but rather an extension of it. SG is made up of the very best Indian SOFs men from all 3 services (I had doubts about Garuds in the last but recently had this confirmed). This unit acts independently to the SFF and has a direct line to RAW and the PMO/MoD. They are the go to "shooters" when something covert needs to be done. If you hear about a RAW snatch and grab operation in Nepal or BD this will be the handiwork of SG.

Of course we're are yet to get even a morsel of info on this unit from the Indian state or military. In fact officially this unit doesn't exist and the GoI has never recognised it as an official unit.

The units training,equipment and deployments are all a big unknown.

Its being created by a few fanboys.There is no existence whatsoever and the last records of SG suggest it is a All para Unit.

We over estimate our capabilities where the fact remains we dont use our Special forces where it has to be used and our media and politicians barks all year.

We are soo scared of China that we have to always act sensible to not hurt them and when our trigger happy senseless neighbour kills our troops all we can do is complaint.

Shame on our politicians and shame on us for 'wasting money' on SFs..better to utilise the amount somewhere else like poverty coz even after F-INSAS and all the fcking hi tech gadgets you gonna get the enemy will walk in and kill your troops because the dont want peace and you dont have the GUTS.

2 beheaded in January,8 killed in July,5 in August..what did the SG,SF do about it..Nothing!!
Bro I agree the political will or lack thereof is what is massively holding India's security establishment back.

All I have said on SG^^^ is 100% true and I've heard it from numerous trusted sources. There is a lot we don't know about them of course.

There needs to be a mindset change in the Indian poltical thinking right now they are too pacifist and scared of using military force. Let's see what happens later on when you get new leaders and new thinking in positions of power. The next generation of leaders should bring in a new way of thinking.

Bro- you're the one who first started telling me about Indian SFs raids into "Azad" Kashmir and the like.

Yeah..maybe you are right.

But after spending 7 years searchng web world and real world about the Indian SFs i have come modified my perspective for Indian Defence Forces overall.

The fact remains that even the Iraqi and Afghani SF are still better equipped than the Indian SF and like it or not the SSG remains the only force which is used as a SF(doesnt matter how many casualties they suffer as long as their commanders know what an SF is)

bro our SF is not only para commandos, there are SFF-SG, which is india's covert operations and psychological warfare unit which does not need any permission from defence minister and not answerable to parliament.

yes you are right para commandos are not used as a real special force.during kargil war special forces are used as a super infantry not as a special forces. but fact you don't know is SFF-SG is used to conduct covet action behind enemy lines.
using SF is depends on the political will power which india lacks, it doesn't mean that SF is not well trained and not well equipped. Iraq's SF and Afghan special forces equipment is provided by US. they are well equipped than indian SF but not well trained than indian special forces.

the problem you said is because of coexistences of SF with parachute regiment. india use its special forces as airborne infantry not as a special force.that is why india is creating a special forces command.

bro our SF is not only para commandos, there are SFF-SG, which is india's covert operations and psychological warfare unit which does not need any permission from defence minister and not answerable to parliament.

yes you are right para commandos are not used as a real special force.during kargil war special forces are used as a super infantry not as a special forces. but fact you don't know is SFF-SG is used to conduct covet action behind enemy lines.
using SF is depends on the political will power which india lacks, it doesn't mean that SF is not well trained and not well equipped. Iraq's SF and Afghan special forces equipment is provided by US. they are well equipped than indian SF but not well trained than indian special forces.

The use of the Para (SF) as "super infantry" in Kargil has been overstated IMHO. As since the 1980s PARA (SF) were operating like SFs in the Valley and NE. It was only during this conventional conflict when top brass got involved that they were used in such an a sure manner purely because of the ingrained ignorance if the top brass in what SFs are. Post 1999 and specifically post 26/11 and OBL raid there has been a huge realisation as to what SOFs are and what they do amongst be political and military top brass-FACT. I think we will never again see this "super infantry" role for any Indian SOFs. And Indian SOFs are getting more and more empowered in their own roles and service.

When the Indian J-SOC comes around in 5-7 years the situation will be even better.

bro i understand your feeling, indian special forces are conducting intelligence collection and limited direct action in pakistan. what do you think, how did india get details about training camps and other details. indian special forces are use well in kashmir as a counter terrorism force.

I'm aware I SAD's make up. SFF's ROLE is similar not its rank and file structure ie the SFF is NOT made up of ex Indian SF guys.

Coming to SG. They are not a seperate entity from the Indian SOF community but rather an extension of it. SG is made up of the very best Indian SOFs men from all 3 services (I had doubts about Garuds in the last but recently had this confirmed). This unit acts independently to the SFF and has a direct line to RAW and the PMO/MoD. They are the go to "shooters" when something covert needs to be done. If you hear about a RAW snatch and grab operation in Nepal or BD this will be the handiwork of SG.

Of course we're are yet to get even a morsel of info on this unit from the Indian state or military. In fact officially this unit doesn't exist and the GoI has never recognised it as an official unit.

The units training,equipment and deployments are all a big unknown.

yes you are right. there is not even a photo of SG of SFF.

Bro I agree the political will or lack thereof is what is massively holding India's security establishment back.

All I have said on SG^^^ is 100% true and I've heard it from numerous trusted sources. There is a lot we don't know about them of course.

There needs to be a mindset change in the Indian poltical thinking right now they are too pacifist and scared of using military force. Let's see what happens later on when you get new leaders and new thinking in positions of power. The next generation of leaders should bring in a new way of thinking.

Bro- you're the one who first started telling me about Indian SFs raids into "Azad" Kashmir and the like.

Yeah,i was about to mention that.The last deployment of SG that i know about was in Kashmir handling *** and LOC operations.Cross border operations are common in Kashmir by both IA and PA but 'think tanks' on PDF think they know otherwise even when they know little about the LOC.

Comming to the SG deployment we are talking about late 90s and early years of this century.I dont know what they are upto these days.

Heaven...!!!

LEh Kargil Bike Expedition IAF

Last edited by a moderator:

the problem you said is because of coexistences of SF with parachute regiment. india use its special forces as airborne infantry not as a special force.that is why india is creating a special forces command.

Bro,I wanna tell you in the most humble way possible that there is very less anyone can educate me about on the Indian Special Forces from any forum.I have given 7 years to web world and real world to find about the Indian SF.I know very well about their roles.

I am the only Indian who reported before The Hindu that Indian SF beheaded Pakistani soldiers 2 years ago.You can check my contribution in the Indian SF thread from the beginning.Not even a single time have i reported anything wrong.

When i say something i say it for a reason...leave it i am just pisssed off these days.

bro i understand your feeling, indian special forces are conducting intelligence collection and limited direct action in pakistan. what do you think, how did india get details about training camps and other details. indian special forces are use well in kashmir as a counter terrorism force.

Training camp information is RAW hard work and has nothing to do with SF.

Back
Top Bottom