What's new

Indian Media to be banned from showing file footage of Babri Mosque demolition

Your post itself had the answers to your questions.

See the point: public order

The footage ban is to maintain law and order as history shows that this topic really has the power to influence people and throw normal life out of gear.

Sorry law and order maintenance is the job of law enforcement agencies and its not done through putting curbs on Media.

The Indian govt need to stop radical Hindu groups from creating law and order and BTW HOW does the Mahrashtra Govt Know that what will be the VERDICT which will create law and order and by whom ??

If the verdict is in favour of radical Hindu groups then trust me Indian Muslims do not have any power to launch any violent protest.

So it seems the violence is feared from Hindu radical groups:tdown:

I know you will disagree. but its for the good of our countrymen..

Sensitive stuff are prevented from showing. We , not so few weeks back has banned quran burning incident in media if it happens.

US has banned the crash of planes aftermath 9/11.

Responsible governments takes steps to prevent anything that can harm its countrymen. You will learn that , some time in future for sure too.

media's role during the 60+ hour mumbai drama caused more damage to ''order'' than anything else....what to say of that (not to delve too much on off-topic things)

You are right.

That live coverage indeed caused problems as the whole world (including the masterminds) saw everything live and relayed the information to the terrorists who were holed up, the lives of our soldiers was at risk.

This has been debated tremendously in India and the media has been asked to show restraint on such issues.

Sorry law and order maintenance is the job of law enforcement agencies and its not done through putting curbs on Media.

The Indian govt need to stop radical Hindu groups from creating law and order and BTW HOW does the Mahrashtra Govt Know that what will be the VERDICT which will create law and order and by whom ??

If the verdict is in favour of radical Hindu groups then trust me Indian Muslims do not have any power to launch any violent protest.

Dont worry Jana, its the bloody "yellow" /orange media.. they need some restrictions and i know you will be more than happy to agree on it.;)

we dont need to learn about media freedom from you. before you talk about our media first check out about your media when police slammed into geotv for showing the reality of your army govt, now recently so many news channels were blacked out for showing something about your president. we have system and our govt follows that system .

You can NOT learn from us indeed because our media is NOT orange . Our media has the courage to speak up against Govt curbs and history has shown that Pakistani media had defended its right to freedom by standing up to Govt curbs.

Unlike Indian media which becomes groupie of the Govt by accepting such curbs sheepishly by calling it self-sensor.

It shows Indian media is one sided and biased and glove in hands with Hindu majority.

Not a good omen my Indian friends

yup, u got it 100% rite, now we are saving our muslims population against any anti social elements. thats good.

Maharashtra was the worst affected state in 1992/93 riots.

Trust me, both Hindus and Muslims and everyone else is actually quite tired of this issue.

Nobody in India (incl. Muslims) are complaining about this.

The only ppl who are complaining are Pakistanis.

media's role during the 60+ hour mumbai drama caused more damage to ''order'' than anything else....what to say of that (not to delve too much on off-topic things)

Do you consider the regular bomb blasts in Pakistan and ongoing killings in Karachi as Drama too? Or is it only when Non Pakistani civilians die, the event qualifies to be called a drama..

Dont worry Jana, its the bloody "yellow" /orange media.. they need some restrictions and i know you will be more than happy to agree on it.;)

Your media will remain in Orange gutter if it kept on accepting such curbs :)

So better stand up

Yes, at government's insistence, NBA (News Broadcasters Association) has set guidelines for electronic media asking them not to speculate about the judgement and not to show the footage of 1992 Babri Masjid demolition.

I support this move. This is a very sensitive issue and reminding people of old memories can create problems.

Yeah i also back you... what ever happened is happened nothing can be done to roll back.. we should not create unnecessary tension among people by digging the old grave yard.. hmmm if media people where intelligent then they should have shown the pics of ayodhya courts instead of these footages... what to do lot of crappy people in media....

Maharashtra was the worst affected state in 1992/93 riots.

Trust me, both Hindus and Muslims and everyone else is actually quite tired of this issue.

Nobody in India (incl. Muslims) are complaining about this.

The only ppl who are complaining are Pakistanis.

You are supporting curbs against Media that is biased and weak stand.

If everyone there is tired of this issue then Indians should not be afraid of showing the footage which is a reality.

i wonder if US had banned footage of 9/11 on the same pretext ???

When you know that showing footages can remind people of old memories which has the potential of disturbing the peaceful atmosphere and can create further wedges among people then there is nothing wrong in such a move.

We need to be sensible, blind media freedom is of no use.

I'll remember you said this nexttime you start on government control of Chinese media. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom