What's new

Indian Listening Station In Oman Monitoring Pakistan's Naval Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that answers why we shouldn't trust arabs. Good thing that our policy is shifting from gulf countries to Iran.

We also make a harbor in Charabar(may be wrong name) in Iran which is prity much close to Paj border.:azn:

Its like the Indian Air Force Base at Ayni/Farkhow- India and tajakistan officially deny it- Rumours have been there for many years, but everyone know Indian Migs are stationed there.

I highly doubt the credibility of the news, however if this is true, By allowing the Indian intelligence post, Omani kingdom has just given us the right to take out that place in an event of hostilities, they will be considered responsible of any collateral damage.

I highly doubt the credibility of the news, however if this is true, By allowing the Indian intelligence post, Omani kingdom has just given us the right to take out that place in an event of hostilities, they will be considered responsible of any collateral damage.
Do you really think Pakistan can afford to mess with Oman Sir better if this news is true we should talk to them messing with Oman will mean you pissed of Saudi Arabia and UAE and in fact you just kicked your economy

Actually big massive dish antennas are needed for listening stations to accumulate enough signals for analysis..
here is a view of a British Listening station.

RAF Menwith Hill - Google Maps

Ok this one is masive and covers the whole of Atlantic and North sea..Plus listens to almost all satellite coms...But still even a local listening station will need some dish antennas and difficult to hide.

If there is any hidden station constructed by India it cant be too powerful..may be listening to some local traffic...

If this globe is the listening station there are many in many places. but not at one point. staggered by few kms. But i thot it is for Oman military, British army and some US armys.

LOL.

Pakistan will not be taking out any place in any third country in event of hostilities with India. Pakistan is not capable enough diplomatically or militarily to weather the fallout of such actions.

In the event of hostilities with India, the entire Pakistan military will be fighting down to the last clerk in Pakistani Army and Navy, fighting to delay the inevitable - that India will start breaking through Pakistan's defences. Where do you think you will find resources to do what you claim?

we will be taking out Oman...LOL
What about SriLanka, Maldives, Mauritius, Madagascar, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Iran?
you'll be taking out those too?

LOL.

Pakistan will not be taking out any place in any third country in event of hostilities with India. Pakistan is not capable enough diplomatically or militarily to weather the fallout of such actions.

In the event of hostilities with India, the entire Pakistan military will be fighting down to the last clerk in Pakistani Army and Navy, fighting to delay the inevitable - that India will start breaking through Pakistan's defences. Where do you think you will find resources to do what you claim?

Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons, 50% of omani territory already falls within Babur's range if fired from the ground, surface vessels ie submarines will provide 100% territorial coverage, which means regardless of where the alleged Indian base hides, it will be bombed . Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons. Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

Any nation that will be offered oil by the Omanis will be standing on the Omanis side in case of a conflict.

Thats my guess.

Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons. Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

You send one missile, and UAE will reply with 10. And Pakistan doesnt have SAM systems worth the name - all except SHORAD systems.

And that itself is doubtful considering Pakistan does not mass produce these systems, would have few to spare in the first place.

Great. You can get it shut down in war. NO problems. The real purpose of a listening post is not in war time but peace time. War between India and Pakistan will not last more than a few weeks in any case.

And we are a space faring nation - we keep lots of satellites up there to monitor as well.

Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons, 50% of omani territory already falls within Babur's range if fired from the ground, surface vessels ie submarines will provide 100% territorial coverage, which means regardless of where the alleged Indian base hides, it will be bombed . Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

Ready for a two front war?

How exactly do you justify taking out Omani infrastructure in the event of hostility with India? Listening is a passive process, if you're too concerned about privacy then stop communicating over wireless.

And you have to prove it as SIGINT installation before doing any misadventures.

Plus OP is referring to a "Blog"...No authentic source presented here.
AA Me, IN

It says.

:woot:

I think You haven't read the article properly, the blog author is not claiming anything based on his ASSUMPTIONS but he himself have given a reference for his CLAIM which is :

ASIA / UNITED STATES / MIDDLE EAST - Ears across the Arabian Sea - Intelligence Online

& ofcourse you don't expect GOI to issue a Press Release in this regard, do you??

+ Please read the second link which i provided:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=...Bilateral_Brief_-_for_Oman__February_2013.pdf

You will get to know how close the Indo-Omani relations are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom