What's new

Indian LCH, new threat for Pakistan in Siachin and Kashmir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes our army is three times bigger than yours....but we have problems on our eastern and western side....our eastern enemy is much much powerful than our western one our army has been deployed all over our country so when it comes numerical war it is pretty much the same as your army....

About Kargil arent you guys who left the fallen behind ran for cover...and by the way Kargil is still in India's control and dont speak about 1971 because you will embrace yourself that is the war where nearly 100,000 Pak troops surrendered to Indian army and your country was split into pieces...

And if we both start debating these things in this thread this thread will be derailed so I would definitely refrain from derailing this thread....
please go ask your defense experts most of your army and i m saying around 65% to 70% is on the western border against us and secondly Kargil yes you still have that but at what price think of that..... you lost so much that you still holding kargil can't be declared a victory either :) 3rd i did admit that we lost 1971 and to avoid such events we have Nukes as nuetralisers now :)

Pakistan already has many options opened

Top End:
15 AH-1Z Vipers + 15-35 Additional may be.
30 Z-10P
20-30 Mi-35s

Light End:
30 Tigers
OR
30 A-129
OR
30 Z-19P

India is inducting American Apaches also which are the best attack helicopters yet. i think LCH will only compliment them.
LCH will be used for many many different role. Very capable aircraft. Highly underestimated by our enemies. It's a game changer

With around 200 LCH and 61 Apaches( 22 for airforce+39 for army), India will have an awesome fleet of gunships. 250+ gunships for any army is a huge huge advantage.
Add Mi17 v5... War is a funny thing any thing and every thing will be used

Summary of messages by Indian members on this thread: All old helicopters in Indian Army were garbage but this one is a super weapon which will destroy whole world.

huh.. it means tejas legacy will continue.. ..HINT:Apaches :whistle:

These guys are not any problem for our AkAks. MANPADs and orliekons will take care of them in case of a conflict. They don't look like an attack helicopter to be honest. Even Indians are not taking them seriously, thats why they are opting for Apaches.
What happened to those manpads in Kargil War.

well pakistan is at a disadvantage when it comes to siachin.

now lets get one thing straight here. apaches are not made for high altitude warfare.
I'm saying this because a lot of members are bringing in the apache where its not relevant.

the lch is made around the concept of high altitude warfare. this was after the argil war, where the lch was born.

it is a problem for pakistan and a threat, now theres 2 gun ships available here.
lets start with the z10. now the z10 service ceiling is 6400 meters as compared to the lc's service selling of 6500 meters. also its worth noting that these figures are public and most likely incorrect. also the lch engines are more powerful. this leaves the z-10 at a disadvantage against the lch. now upon further research i found that the z10 will incorporate the wz16 engine which is rated at 1766hp against the current wz9 engines which are at 1350hp and more powerful than the lch which is at 1420hp. also the engine upgrade is not the only thing the weapons pylons will be enlarged to hold 16 atom's similar to that of a apache.

now the ah-z viper.
this is an interesting one because it capabilities are not yet known in high altitude environments. but upon some reading i found this quote quite interesting and yet have another meaning to it.

The sale is intended to support Pakistan's counterterrorism and counterinsurgency operations with a precision-strike, enhanced-survivability aircraft that can operate at high-altitudes, according to DSCA's
source:State Dept. OKs $952M Pakistan Helo Deal

now this means that the viper is very much capable of operating in high altitudes, and because it too can hold 16 missiles. but the low numbers being acquired does not justify it use in siachen.

to conclude i think india has the advantage, for now but in the future china will provide a solution, that is already in progress. but it is dependent on the speed of development and induction of the lch. also it worth noting that the indian lch too is able to hold 16 atgm's (lahat)

Indian lch
529856.jpg

American apache
apache1.jpg

Chinese z-10
WZ-10.jpg

American ah-z Viper
ah1z_viper.jpg

Indian fixed & rotary wing aircrafts were shot down by ground troops of Pak Army in Kargil. Those platforms were decades mature than this kid. Anything painted in camouflage with some guns cannot be called an attack helicopter.

Only Indian made rotary wings in our forces is Dhruv.
Helis we used in Kargil was Russian.

On topic :Looks like the R&D is going smoothly .I think after the induction in 2017,within a decade the numbers will gone up to 300+ easily .
During recent middle east campaign ,US used one F22 and a group of F15 AND F16 for striking terrorist points.
I think one Apache and a group of LCH can unleash a hell towards our enemy.

Last edited:
Summary of messages by Indian members on this thread: All old helicopters in Indian Army were garbage but this one is a super weapon which will destroy whole world.
Dont know about whole world. But more than enough for Pakistan.

Only Indian made rotary wings in our forces is Dhruv.
Attack helis we used in Kargil was Russian.

On topic :Looks like the R&D is going smoothly .I think after the induction in 2017,within a decade the numbers will gone up to 300+ easily .
During recent middle east campaign ,US used one F22 and a group of F15 AND F16 for striking terrorist points.
I think one Apache and a group of LCH can unleash a hell towards our enemy.
Oh baba jee where i said """Indian made"""??? no one give importance to made in india weapons!

What happened to those manpads in Kargil War.
I think you are drunk!

Oh baba jee where i said """Indian made"""??? no one give importance to made in india weapons!

I think you are drunk!

But we gives and that is why we are going to induct this beast .And eventually others will also give importance when it began to bust your tanks

India is inducting American Apaches also which are the best attack helicopters yet. i think LCH will only compliment them.

LCH will be meant for the mountain areas. A light helicopter attack helo will have distinctive advantageous over a heavy weight like the Apache, or our Hinds.

It is of no danger what so ever ....

Wow, what a well thought out and clever way to analyse such a topic!

You truly are a great think tank and analyst! You are so good, you apparently dont even need to explain your claim :lol:

well pakistan is at a disadvantage when it comes to siachin.

now lets get one thing straight here. apaches are not made for high altitude warfare.
I'm saying this because a lot of members are bringing in the apache where its not relevant.

the lch is made around the concept of high altitude warfare. this was after the argil war, where the lch was born.

it is a problem for pakistan and a threat, now theres 2 gun ships available here.
lets start with the z10. now the z10 service ceiling is 6400 meters as compared to the lc's service selling of 6500 meters. also its worth noting that these figures are public and most likely incorrect. also the lch engines are more powerful. this leaves the z-10 at a disadvantage against the lch. now upon further research i found that the z10 will incorporate the wz16 engine which is rated at 1766hp against the current wz9 engines which are at 1350hp and more powerful than the lch which is at 1420hp. also the engine upgrade is not the only thing the weapons pylons will be enlarged to hold 16 atom's similar to that of a apache.

now the ah-z viper.
this is an interesting one because it capabilities are not yet known in high altitude environments. but upon some reading i found this quote quite interesting and yet have another meaning to it.

The sale is intended to support Pakistan's counterterrorism and counterinsurgency operations with a precision-strike, enhanced-survivability aircraft that can operate at high-altitudes, according to DSCA's
source:State Dept. OKs $952M Pakistan Helo Deal

now this means that the viper is very much capable of operating in high altitudes, and because it too can hold 16 missiles. but the low numbers being acquired does not justify it use in siachen.

to conclude i think india has the advantage, for now but in the future china will provide a solution, that is already in progress. but it is dependent on the speed of development and induction of the lch. also it worth noting that the indian lch too is able to hold 16 atgm's (lahat)

Indian lch
View attachment 266524
American apache
View attachment 266548

Chinese z-10 View attachment 266525

American ah-z Viper
View attachment 266526

And also you can expect future upgradation in LCH platform.
Now all that remains is weapons trial .After that Armed Forces will induct in huge numbers .
During Kargil war IA couldnt get enough attack heli support due to unavailability of platforms .At that time IAF was authority to use lethal helis.That cause tussle between in IA and IAF .
But IA is so eager to confirm that such a situation should nt happen in future .So they will induct this at least around 250+ in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom