What's new

Indian LCH, new threat for Pakistan in Siachin and Kashmir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much far Chinese Type-59 AAAs can hit?? There was news few years back that majority of 35mm & above AAAs are upgraded with different guidance systems.

Army Guide

12.5 and even 14.5 AAAs are last line of defence and Indian attack helicopters will try to stay away at least 6-8 kms from attacking site.

Edit:
One light weight solution can be following system integrated with Advance MANPADS (PN already buying it from Turkey.

View attachment 266871
LCH supposed to be invisible. No one can see it as my neighbor is trying to claim it.

but AH-64 E apache is better than anything else isnt it :azn:

No it's not. The viper is the most advanced attack helicopter in the US arsenal at the moment.

dont worry we will take owr chances worry about your armoured columns and personell on high altitude battle grounds :sniper: :butcher:

even LCH should be last of your worries as onli PA doesnt have short medium & long range SAMs and so called high calliber anty AA guns and man portable ATGMs i guess i dont need to give you the detail about IA .... good luck :devil:

Your post makes no sense. Pakistan does have short and medium range SAM systems.

it is a beast to bad your only getting 15 but i would think there would be more to follow as 15 is to low.
btw the viper or as you call it the "zulus" have a greater service ceiling then the indian lch.
the vipers quotes ceiling is 20000+ but it's actually around 6600 meters unofficially ;-)

View attachment 266872

Hal-LCH
View attachment 266873
Sir, its not solely about service ceiling, it is also about how much payload you can carry at the max altitude.

No it's not. The viper is the most advanced attack helicopter in the US arsenal at the moment.

Your post makes no sense. Pakistan does have short and medium range SAM systems.
maybe your right mods ji :pleasantry:

Sir, its not solely about service ceiling, it is also about how much payload you can carry at the max altitude.
true but thats where you need a capable chopper to go high enough to carry weapons which is what the lch is designed for. it was a prime requirement for india. as of now pakistan does not have a response for this. but in about 2-1/2 years(my opinion) a z10 variant will be available with the necessary changes to be able to operate at high altitudes. which i explained in my posts in this thread somewhere

@GURU DUTT this is @waz 's evidence. there not just empty words.
Indian LCH, new threat for Pakistan in Siachin and Kashmir? | Page 14

Reactions: waz

@waz how you see LCH used for Survellance and anti UAV role other that close combat support for Army.
And also what do you think of LUH light utility hellicopter based on LCH.
Sholder fired portable Stinger missile are the Headache, seems there is development by french of the direct energy weapon against them could solve the problem. The wing tip Laser weapon attack the guidance sensor to make them blind and are faster and effective.

Last edited:
@waz how you see LCH used for Survellance and anti UAV role other that close combat support for Army.
And also what do you think of LUH light utility hellicopter based on LCH.
Sholder fired portable Stinger missile are the Headache, seems there is development by french of the direct energy weapon against them could solve the problem. The wing tip Laser weapon attack the guidance sensor to make them blind and are faster and effective.

I think personally surveillance and any anti-UAV role should be left to DRDO and its Rustom programme. They have made good progress on it and opened up the programme to India's industrial base, and we could see tests soon.
Yes I've read about what the French are doing and it looks feasible, but the whole thing thing about directed energy weapons is that stuck in a limbo (see US developments). Most of it is down to cost and whether they are as effective as existing methods.

Not so sure about this sir, in terms of technology the AH-64E (D Block III) has every other attack helo in the world beat especially with the Longbow radar.

Not so sure about this sir, in terms of technology the AH-64E (D Block III) has every other attack helo in the world beat especially with the Longbow radar.
hi,
not being rude but.
i'm not sure if you read the post above, whois a more credible source, yourself or us army personal. i have not yet had the luxury to go to defense expo's yet and ask for myself but i trust waz.
also india is getting the ah-64d, not the ah-64e. so i don't know why your bringing in the ah-64/e into this.
not sure if you know the answer to this but it worth a try.
when do you think if the lch would be operational and begin being mass produced?

No, it is AH-64E Apache.

Here are the specs: AH-64E Apache Guardian | Military Edge

Nope.

The Viper has newer avionics e.g. the TSS system (Viper) v the Arrowhead system (Apache).

Some comparisons regarding weapons;
The Apache's 30mm chain gun is more effective than the Viper's 20mm Gatling tribarrel in the air-to-ground role due to its larger and more powerful shells, but it is inferior in a hypothetical air-to-air engagement due to its low rate of fire.

The Viper carries the AIM-9X missile, The AH-64 never carries Sidewinders in actual service even though it can fire them. Unlike the Viper, because it can only carry them on its underwing pylons, in place of normal air-to-ground armament. That is why it carries the inferior Stinger missile, which is much smaller and can be mounted on the wingtips.
The AH-1Z *DOES* carry Sidewinders in service, one on each wingtip.
Also the AH-1Z can carry its full standard combat load AND Sidewinders... and the Apache can carry its combat load... OR Sidewinders.
The standard load for both would be AH-1Z with 2 Sidewinders + Ground Attack vs Apache with 4 Stingers + Ground Attack.
It also has six weapons pylons as opposed to the Apache's four.

The Viper is also slimmer and less of a target, showing less of a profile.

Its more faster, has a better rate of climb, a great range and better fuel efficiency.

Capable. Flexible. Multi-mission. The ultimate in attack helicopters. The powerful AH-1Z delivers state of the art dynamics, weapons and avionics to incorporate the latest in survivability. With anti-armor capability, it engages and defeats the broadest array of threats at standoff ranges that defy imagination.

Standard configuration utilizes the T700-GE-401 engine.

Weapons Capability

AGM-114A, B, and C Hellfire and anti-tank missiles - up to 16 total
AGM-114F Hellfire anti-ship missiles – up to 16 total
70mm Rockets, 19 or 7 shot pods – up to 76 total
AIM-9 Sidewinder*
(*A superior supersonic air-to-air missile with infrared target detection for fire and forget capability.)
LUU-2A/B nighttime illumination flare
Mk 77 fire bombs
77 and 100 gallon external auxiliary fuel tanks
20 mm cannon
(With a higher muzzle velocity and flatter trajectory for better accuracy, it is capable of handling M50-series rounds designed specifically for air-to-air combat)
MK 76 practice bombs
BDU-33D/B practice bombs
MK 106 practice bombs

The Bell AH-1Z

Actually I asked the Apache pilots and they said there was nothing between them, aside the Viper was more agile and faster. :p:

Last edited:
waste of money due to lack of trust. that's all this is. ohh.. no disrespect to the programme and the engineers. They are doing their job. Some of my college friends work for DRDO.

Everything beat bar the Viper. By the way, the Longbow has also been fitted to the Viper. My friend, I've spoken to actual Apache pilots themselves about the helicopter they fly and the Marine's Zulu.....

waste of money due to lack of trust. that's all this is. ohh.. no disrespect to the programme and the engineers. They are doing their job. Some of my college friends work for DRDO.

Rustom or LCH?

hi,
not being rude but.
i'm not sure if you read the post above, whois a more credible source, yourself or us army personal. i have not yet had the luxury to go to defense expo's yet and ask for myself but i trust waz.
also india is getting the ah-64d, not the ah-64e. so i don't know why your bringing in the ah-64/e into this.
not sure if you know the answer to this but it worth a try.
when do you think if the lch would be operational and begin being mass produced?

No you are wrong, India IS getting the latest AH-64E, not the D.

++ LCH will enter into production/service in 2017.

Everything beat bar the Viper. By the way. the Longbow has also been fitted to the Viper. My friend, I've spoken to actual Apache pilots themselves about the helicopter they fly and the Marine's Zulu.....
I don't doubt the Viper is a treat to fly but I can't see any reason to not believe the latest Apache (E) is the finest and most technologically advanced such machine in existence. The Viper might be more agile and pleasing for the pilot to fly but in terms of capability the AH-64E is ahead.

+ would be interesting to see Longbows on Vipers but I don't think any operational unit anywhere in the world has it.

lack of trust between whom?

India IS getting the latest AH-64E, not the D.

++ LCH will enter into production/service in 2017.
so sorry. yes you are getting the blk3 (E) variant. the info i looked at was old (about a few months)i did not pay to much attention to the specifics after that. now i know your getting 22 ah-64E's(apaches) and 15 ch-47F's(chinooks), either that or jane's lie's a lot.
India moves to sign off on Apache, Chinook deals - IHS Jane's 360

thanks for letting me know about the lch.
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom