What's new

Indian journo dares to call Bangladesh a ''buffer state''-Local newsmen taken aback

Compare this to the muted reaction when Pakistanis Officials blamed Bangladesh for the Mumbai attack.

People were a little too forgiving towards Pakistan, and trying to pass it off as "Pakistan got confused by Indian propoganda", ultimately making it all India's fault.

Really, the hypocrisy and inferiority complex is so transparent.

People have been Lambasting the Journlists for Asking questions. But criticising journalists for difficult questions is not right. The quesitons should not have been taken personally and should be replied professionally rather than making a national issue out of it.

As for the Indian journalist,he should go back and do his journalism course again.So that he can learn what to ask,how to ask and what not to ask.

And can any body tell me how many people support the Journlist who threw shoes towards BUsh???...

Compare this to the muted reaction when Pakistanis Officials blamed Bangladesh for the Mumbai attack.

People were a little too forgiving towards Pakistan, and trying to pass it off as "Pakistan got confused by Indian propoganda", ultimately making it all India's fault.

Really, the hypocrisy and inferiority complex is so transparent.

I have seen one BD member's post there telling Pakistan to apologise to Bangladesh though.

People have been Lambasting the Journlists for Asking questions. But criticising journalists for difficult questions is not right. The quesitons should not have been taken personally and should be replied professionally rather than making a national issue out of it.

And can any body tell me how many people support the Journlist who threw shoes towards BUsh???...

He could have asked the same question in a better manner,I already gave an example,may be better than that.

With the use of words like "buffer state",he definitely proved how professional he is.How would you feel if anyone says "India is a buffer state......."?Obviously not good,right?

Yes I supported the shoe throwing because it was justified,considering his country's condition.And guess what,the man is being punished severely for that.But why bring it here?want to derail the thread?

He could have asked the same question in a better manner,I already gave an example,may be better than that.

With the use of words like "buffer state",he definitely proved how professional he is.How would you feel if anyone says "India is a buffer state......."?Obviously not good,right?

Yes I supported the shoe throwing because it was justified,considering his country's condition.And guess what,the man is being punished severely for that.But why bring it here?want to derail the thread?

No i wouldnt like to derail the thread brother. Professionalism doesnt have 2 meaning If you support the shoe thrower, then its called hypocracy when you blame the indian journlist for the lack of professionalism. All journalists asks questions some stupid and other difficult. But people should not take that too personal. You can blame your FM for not giving a fitting reply, but cannot blame the journalists for asking questions.

Can someone explain what is meant by "buffer state btw"?

A buffer state is a country lying between two rival or potentially hostile greater powers, which by its sheer existence is thought to prevent conflict between them. Buffer states, when authentically independent, typically pursue a neutralist foreign policy, which distinguishes them from satellite states. The conception of buffer states is part of the theory of balance of power that entered European strategic and diplomatic thinking in the 17th century. In the 19th century, the manipulation of buffer states like Afghanistan and the Central Asian emirates was an element in the diplomatic "Great Game" played out between the British and Russian Empire for control of the approaches to strategic mountain passes that led to British India.

Buffer state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW this meaning does not fit into what the journalist was intending to say.So the above is not valid for the case here.That's because it does not fit into what she told and meant.

No i wouldnt like to derail the thread brother. Professionalism doesnt have 2 meaning If you support the shoe thrower, then its called hypocracy when you blame the indian journlist for the lack of professionalism. All journalists asks questions some stupid and other difficult. But people should not take that too personal. You can blame your FM for not giving a fitting reply, but cannot blame the journalists for asking questions.

I blamed her in my very first post.

I would say this question definitely was one of his "stupid" questions.

No i wouldnt like to derail the thread brother. Professionalism doesnt have 2 meaning If you support the shoe thrower, then its called hypocracy when you blame the indian journlist for the lack of professionalism.

I did not support the "shoe thrower" for his journalism act,but because I think it should have been done long ago,by anyone.George Bush deserved that,and deserved it from an IRAQI citizen,don't bother his occupation.:agree:

So basically its a political concept, and an academic term.

Why would Bangladeh consider this an insult, specifically directed towards them by the Indian establishment.

A buffer state is a country lying between two rival or potentially hostile greater powers, which by its sheer existence is thought to prevent conflict between them. Buffer states, when authentically independent, typically pursue a neutralist foreign policy, which distinguishes them from satellite states. The conception of buffer states is part of the theory of balance of power that entered European strategic and diplomatic thinking in the 17th century. In the 19th century, the manipulation of buffer states like Afghanistan and the Central Asian emirates was an element in the diplomatic "Great Game" played out between the British and Russian Empire for control of the approaches to strategic mountain passes that led to British India.

Buffer state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW this meaning does not fit into what the journalist was intending to say.So the above is not valid for the case here.That's because it does not fit into what she told and meant.

So basically its a political concept, and an academic term.

Why would Bangladeh consider this an insult, specifically directed towards them by the Indian establishment.

Insult because we fought for our freedom,to make our country Independent of foreign rule.Now calling it a "buffer state" of a foreign country,which actually was meant as "puppet state" of a country,whom we fought for freedom,is an insult.The matter is more of sentimental to me than political.

Insult because we fought for our freedom,to make our country Independent of foreign rule.Now calling it a "buffer state" of a foreign country,which actually was meant as "puppet state" of a country,whom we fought for freedom,is an insult.The matter is more of sentimental to me than political.

Well what can I say. Learn to deal with it. USA gets called the "Great Satan" a million times, and India gets called "USA's pawn against China" quite often.

Well what can I say. Learn to deal with it. USA gets called the "Great Satan" a million times, and India gets called "USA's pawn against China" quite often.

We sub-continental people are more senti. ;):cry:

Many US people actually enjoys being called "Great Satan":lol:

keep laughing who's stopping you?

Everyone does not necessarily has to have same opinion,does it?That is called democracy,free to believe.You should be knowing that.

About her being a spy,I don't know what she is,but one thing is very sure she is very pro-India and pro-West.This is a stark contrast to BNP's "look East":-)china:) policy.

Look east? Burma?

Back
Top Bottom