What's new

Indian journo dares to call Bangladesh a ''buffer state''-Local newsmen taken aback

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Journalists were taken aback as Foreign Minister Dr Dipu Moni kept silent about an Indian journalist''s sweeping remark that Pakistan is in proxy war using Bangladesh as ''buffer state'' and import terrorists from here to carry out terror strikes against India.(The News Today)

Bangladeshi journalists covering the joint press conference of Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and his Bangladeshi counterpart Dipu Moni thought that she would speak out to deflate the word ''buffer state''.

But, without refuting the invention of ''buffer state'', Dipu Moni stated her government stance--that Bangladesh will not allow its soil to be used by any element or terrorist outfit to conduct terrorist activities against India.

When a Bangladeshi journalist drew her attention while posing a question whether Bangladesh is being used as a ''buffer state'' by Pakistan to harbour terrorism, Dipu Moni--new to the tricks of the trade--didn''t make any reply about the remarks branding Bangladesh as ''buffer state''.

She rather restated what she stated about the government stance not to allow terrorists to use Bangladeshi land against any neighboring countries.

The News Today

Dipu Moni did not even attempt to reply indian insult in our own land fits well with Indian stooge profile she had chosen. When she was selected a FM there was opinion that she was Indian stooge but now it’s proved.

Bigger question is after self respect what next Dipu Moni and her boss planning to hand over to India? Well transit and sovereignty are already on dock, that much we know….

I have a general question. What kind of F*** up name is Dipu Moni? Is she Muslim by any chance? To me she doesn't look, act or talk like a Muslim. Do we ran out of qualified people in BD that we have to chose some one without any International relation(specially with Muslim worlds) experience? This is not a intern position rather full time job that required prier experience. We are screwed and taking a nose dive to non existence...............

Last edited:
I have a general question. What kind of F*** up name is Dipu Moni? Is she Muslim by any chance? To me she doesn't look, act or talk like a Muslim. Do we ran out of qualified people in BD that we have to chose some one without any International relation(specially with Muslim worlds) experience? This is not a intern position rather full time job that required prier experience. We are screwed and taking a nose dive to non existence...............

actually many people in Bangladesh suspects her an Indian spy... and that includes me too...

Those kinds of comments don't even need refutation. Her reply was that of perfect stateswomanship. There are plenty of instances when leaders were asked such stupid questions. They don't get to news because the leaders don't get emotional and shout back.
I this case though, the opposite happened indicating how much these people are keeping an eye on her.

Those kinds of comments don't even need refutation. Her reply was that of perfect stateswomanship. There are plenty of instances when leaders were asked such stupid questions. They don't get to news because the leaders don't get emotional and shout back.
I this case though, the opposite happened indicating how much these people are keeping an eye on her.

Please refrain from these sorts of rubbish comments... you point at your country and let us(the Bangladeshis) point at our country... and that was no f**kin way a stupid question... As the AL is now in power they wont do anything to disatisfy the "master"... thats the thing I hate the most!!

Journalists were taken aback as Foreign Minister Dr Dipu Moni kept silent about an Indian journalist''s sweeping remark that Pakistan is in proxy war using Bangladesh as ''buffer state'' and import terrorists from here to carry out terror strikes against India.(The News Today)

Bangladeshi journalists covering the joint press conference of Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and his Bangladeshi counterpart Dipu Moni thought that she would speak out to deflate the word ''buffer state''.

But, without refuting the invention of ''buffer state'', Dipu Moni stated her government stance--that Bangladesh will not allow its soil to be used by any element or terrorist outfit to conduct terrorist activities against India.

When a Bangladeshi journalist drew her attention while posing a question whether Bangladesh is being used as a ''buffer state'' by Pakistan to harbour terrorism, Dipu Moni--new to the tricks of the trade--didn''t make any reply about the remarks branding Bangladesh as ''buffer state''.

She rather restated what she stated about the government stance not to allow terrorists to use Bangladeshi land against any neighboring countries.

The News Today

This reporting is from an immature journalist against another idiotic reporter.. I dont think Bangladesh foreign minister needs to comment on that as she has far better things to do.. I also believe that she would have responded if that word came out of Mr. Mukarjee's mouth...
Take it easy boys.... :hitwall:

This reporting is from an immature journalist against another idiotic reporter.. I dont think Bangladesh foreign minister needs to comment on that as she has far better things to do.. I also believe that she would have responded if that word came out of Mr. Mukarjee's mouth...
Take it easy boys.... :hitwall:

Only people without self respect, dignity and confidence will stand by when someone, be that a journalist or PM of another country, hurl insult to one's own country. Even worse when someone try to come up with excuse to defend such dispicable silence.

Our nation has caught between NEO rajakars who are ready to sell Bangladesh independence and sovereignty today and those who are accused from 38 years ago.

It is within her job description to reply to such insults. Silence indicates acceptance of the allegation that Bangladesh is a buffer state. Only a prompt verbal response would have indicated rejection and repudiation of the insult.

AL blasts Indian journo''s remark

The ruling Awami League blew off the concept of ''buffer state'' as an unrealistic perception for Bangladesh and reminded that the nation didn''t earn its independence as a gift, reports UNB.

"Bangladesh did not get the independent state through anyone''s blessings. We achieved it through liberation war and we''ll protect it at any cost," said Awami League spokesman and LGRD Minister Syed Ashraful Islam.
He made the remarks while talking to journalists during a break in the AL central working committee meeting at AL''s Dhanm-ondi office Tuesday.
His attention drawn to an Indian journalist''s query to Foreign Minister Dipu Moni, outrageously dubbing Bangladesh as a ''buffer state'', the AL spokesperson said the Foreign Minister could not guess the importance of the issue in the face of the insidious remark.

The Foreign Minister, a fresher in the job of dealing with diplomatic parlance, kept silent when Bangladeshi journalists wanted to know her reaction over the Indian journalist''s salvo calling Bangladesh ''buffer state''.

The News Today

I wonder what Indians would think if it was described as a hotbed of Hindu terrorism and the RAW apparatus acting as a State-within-a-State to assist the Hindu agenda for an Akhand Bharat.

Wow. Paranoia. Inferiority Complex.

It is only just for someone to defend self dignity and respect, anything otherwise is disgraceful. Paranoia does not even come close to explaining remarks. In India, even today people are still segragated and treated by class and caste. And we understand where you picked up word such as "Inferiority Complex".

From your reaction it seems indian tradition is to insult host when invited....how civilized!!!!!

He's a freaking journo. Grow up. Next thing I know the journalist will become a RAW Agent planted by GOI to insult Bangladeshis.

Back
Top Bottom