What's new

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

Don't waste your time with him and his buddies.

If you notice, they can't address the issue itself. First, he claimed that the jobs were held by "US workers". When that crap was debunked, he changed his tune to "US loves importing Indians". Now, they are flailing around with personal attacks.

This is typical of the Indian troll parade when they lose a discussion.

yes because she is our mother and its better to choose mother over stranger. anyways why is it bothering you?

The issue is not mother or father, but the hypocrisy of people who don the American flag to bash China and then favor Indian interests over fellow American workers.

maybe one day u could end up working in an indian company:agree:. would u give up ur job for a local indian engineer whom u have so much sympathy for??

My work situation is quite secure and Indian companies are typically bottom of the ladder for most experienced workers. Even Indians can't wait to get their green card and get the h*ll away from these Indians companies.

If you notice, they can't address the issue itself. First, he claimed that the jobs were held by "US workers". When that crap was debunked, he changed his tune to "US loves importing Indians". Now, they are flailing around with personal attacks.

The issue is not mother or father, but the hypocrisy of people who don the American flag to bash China and then favor Indian interests over fellow American workers.

My work situation is quite secure and Indian companies are typically bottom of the ladder for most experienced workers. Even Indians can't wait to get their green card and get the h*ll away from these Indians companies.

OMG you are back with the "because they said they hire workers in the US" - I guarantee you that my crystal ball says they meant hiring Indians from India . Or when they said they hire locally in the US, they meant local Indians from India into the US .

As I said man- I know why you feel awful about India's success. But it's not India's and Indians fault because you are treated differently after they realize that you are not Indian. I know that happens often aboard.

OMG you are back with the "because they said they hire workers in the US" - I guarantee you that my crystal ball says they meant hiring Indians from India . Or when they said they hire locally in the US, they meant local Indians from India into the US .

As I said man- I know why you feel awful about India's success. But it's not India's and Indians fault because you are treated differently after they realize that you are not Indian. I know that happens often aboard.

That's OK. Your ignorance and flip-flops are documented in the thread. For the longest time you were arguing that the 100,000 are US workers, not imported Indians. When that nonsense didn't fly you shifted to "US loves importing Indians".

Although, it is entertaining to watch you try and squirm around with ever more creative "explanations".

As usual.

That's OK. Your ignorance and flip-flops are documented in the thread. For the longest time you were arguing that the 100,000 are US workers, not imported Indians. When that nonsense didn't fly you shifted to "US loves importing Indians".

Although, it is entertaining to watch you try and squirm around with ever more creative "explanations".

As usual.

Have you proved that they were not US workers? I have not changed my tune. You have just shown you have just one tune. " Bad India Bad India but I can't huff and puff it's success away.

10 pages into your hissy fit about Indian positive news and you are yet to show any proof they were not US workers.

The English language is not that complicated , show us proof that your assumption is what stands. I don't need to squirm to this assumption that " they hired US workers= they hired Indians from India". The article even states that they hired locally in the US.

Have you proved that they were not US workers? I have not changed my tune. You have just shown you have just one tune. " Bad India Bad India but I can't huff and puff it's success away.

10 pages into your hissy fit about Indian positive news and you are yet to show any proof they were not US workers.

You never learn, do you?

Read the thread. The proof is in the original link itself (NASSCOM data) and highlighted by an Indian poster a few pages back.

You never learn, do you?

Read the thread. The proof is in the original link itself (NASSCOM data) and highlighted by an Indian poster a few pages back.

English language is easy to comprehend

1. Quote" The report states that the direct workforce employed in the US by the Indian IT sector has almost doubled in the last five years to over 100,000".

Direct workforce, do you know what it means? Hiring from India through Visas is indirect hire.

2. quote " that even in a weak economic environment, Indian IT companies have robust local hiring plans".

Local hiring: In the English language it means " local to the population" and not hiring Indians from India.

3. Quote " plans to hire about 1,000 people in US in next 18 months."

In US: In the English Language it means local to US, else it would say " TO THE US, if they were shipping them in from India"

Do I need to go on mate

English language is easy to comprehend

Quote" The report states that the direct workforce employed in the US by the Indian IT sector has almost doubled in the last five years to over 100,000".

Direct workforce, do you know what it means? Hiring from India through Visas is indirect hire.

quote " that even in a weak economic environment, Indian IT companies have robust local hiring plans".

Local hiring: In the English language it means " local to the population" and not hiring Indians from India.

I am not going to waste any more time on you. Clearly, you are too lazy to read the thread or the original report itself.

The actual numbers have been dissected and discussed.

I am not going to waste any more time on you. Clearly, you are too lazy to read the thread or the original report itself.

The actual numbers have been dissected and discussed.

Fuzzy math dissected and discussed by yourself to suit the meme. Sure. They were people who were members of the flat earth society. There are numbers dissected and discussed by 911 truthers who claim the towers were brought down by the US. But does that mean you have shown anything other than wishful thinking? nope.. because according to your logic the only source of hiring done by Indian IT companies are from the 80% pool of visas. That's a data point which is developed by you , it bears no proof or is based on facts.

Fuzzy math dissected and discussed by yourself to suit the meme.

Every single number used in the calculations was from the NASSCOM data itself.

Sure. They were people who were members of the flat earth society. There are numbers dissected and discussed by 911 truthers who claim the towers were brought down by the US. But does that mean you have shown anything other than wishful thinking? nope.. because according to your logic the only source of hiring done by Indian IT companies are from the 80% pool of visas. That's a data point which is developed by you , it bears no proof or is based on facts.

Say goodnight, Gracie!

India haters still at it I see, what I don't see are any facts or stats, as usual.

All made up "oh my friend told me so" stories.

Indians are contributing to US and this fact is realized by people sitting in the administration.

Europe just agreed to allow more Indian workers, US removed Quota sysytem on green card applications for India.... Its just basic economics at work here, There is a demand, there is a supply.

If Pakistan or any other country can make their youth educated and talented like India does, they will be hired as well. So rather than viewing every news about India with jaundiced eyes, try to get your youth to Indians levels.

Here are some more fun facts you can frustrate yourself with :D--

• U.S. manufactured exports to India were linked to 96,000 jobs in the U.S. in 2009.

• From 2004 to 2009, U.S. exports to India grew by a total of 269% and have grown faster than exports to practically all other countries. India’s exports to the U.S. grew by 136%.

• During this same period, 90 Indian companies made 127 greenfield investments — investment in a new factory or new business worth $5.5 billion and created 16,576 jobs here.

• 239 Indian companies made 372 acquisitions in the U.S. in these 5 years. We already know that 40,000 jobs have come from 85 of these transactions.
A Duke University-UC Berkeley study found that Indian immigrant entrepreneurs had founded more engineering and technology companies here between 1995 and 2005 than did immigrants from Britain, China, Japan and Taiwan combined.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. According to The Economist, India is growing by 9%, compared with 3% for America and 2% for Europe. And it’s obvious that India has a defined U.S. investment strategy.
FORBES

ur such a hypocrite. indians are the second largest immigrants to us after china. us workforce is being replaced from american(whites) to indians and chinese. so its a truth that indians might find it easier to get jobs in some indian companies. i can tell u with my canadian experience.

i live in waterloo home of Research in motion aka blackberry. in the headquarters of rim 2 complete floor is owned by Tata Consultancy Services (tcs), i usually go ther and ppl working ther is all mixed, indians are not majority.

now icici bank owns many big buildings in toronto, and most of ppl working ther are indians. it depends on company to company.

if u dont know over 10% of american millionares are indians, if u count indian companies formed in us, then indians have created over 1-2 million jobs in us economy. i would recommend u to plz search up the list of indian american billionares and multi billion companies. it might give u shivers by the amount of wealth we have created here and will make u fell pathetic as pakistani couldnt contribute jack except a very massive contribution they did a decade ago which they they sre still paying off.

and if u think that sun microsystems, bose corporation, tcs, infosys, wipro are bottom of the ladder then dude keep living in ur hole. ur secure job is nothing but loading and unloading trucks in warehouse in australia. even with working with down the ladder companies indians had the highest household income of all ethenic groups in america in 2010.

Every single number used in the calculations was from the NASSCOM data itself.

Say goodnight, Gracie!

Because you highlight and underline the sentence does not make your math and logic less fuzzy . I've even tried to show you that you can't rewrite the English language...

I'm afraid if your employer came and told you " hire someone to the vacancy LOCALLY" . You would be placing call to Lahore per your logic.

Developereo either you prove it that 90% hired are Indians like you see in Australia :rolleyes: or keep quite.

I said that in the smaller consultancies (of all countries), the ratio is 90% but it would be less in the bigger companies which are more image conscious. The overall ratio is fluid, but the salient point is that the preponderance of hiring is of imported Indians on a visa, not local workers (of whatever ethnicity).

The point is to highlight the false suggestion in the original post that Indian companies are creating 100,000 jobs in the US. Some of your fellow Indians are still pushing that canard.

The numbers supplied by NASSCOM itself and discussed earlier in the thread show that "locals" comprise at most 31% of the workforce. Whether the actual ratio is 70% or 90%, the original point is refuted by NASSCOM's own data.

P.S. For the detailed calculations, feel free to skim the thread. It's all there.

Back
Top Bottom