What's new

Indian Helicopter Was Most Likely Also Shot Down by PAF

Wont be the first time, I think the Sparrow also went from being an AAM to SAM.

Couldn't a booster be added to take the AAM to an ideal altitude and speed, before detaching and letting the missile do it's own thing?
it can, the soviet era s200 had the same, 4 boosters to take it waaaaay up there before detaching and the missile motor kicking in...don't see why the same principle can't be applied to an AAM converted to a SAM.
S-200-Vega.jpg

@GumNaam any random detail which is not credible nor inline to official standing, will be dealt with immediate ban. No repetition at all. Hopefully, wouldn't need a reminder. Thanks.
may nay kia kara yar? thori si parrosion ko mirchian heen to lagain theen...:p:

may nay kia kara yar? thori si parrosion ko mirchian heen to lagain theen...:p:

There will be nonstop propaganda campaign aur sar ma dard hamaray. We have to act responsibly. BTW, that audio is on other platforms so we don't need to share here as many takes PDF like official stance & whatnot.

@Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @Khafee @messiach @The Eagle @MastanKhan

Dear Lady and gents,

I gathered that there is a long range BVRM in the works or in testing, somewhere here in this section. Sorry, can't reproduce here.

My question is whether it is possible to convert this system to ground-to-air system? SD-10A was tested for such a role a couple of years back.

If yes, then, could it also provide air defence to PNS platforms?

Pak needs to develop its own air defence systems for both short and medium ranges.

Anyhow, allow me to thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Mangus

P.S. War is very much on. India & Co. aren't content with licking wounds. Pak remains the ground zero of the Greatest Game.

It could work, but like @MastanKhan said the range would not be similar to an air launched one. A booster could fix that problem.

The issue with this concept is the R&D cost, a cheaper option would be to induct something proven like Aster30 or an HQ-9 variant to suit PN's needs.

There will be nonstop propaganda campaign aur sar ma dard hamaray. We have to act responsibly. BTW, that audio is on other platforms so we don't need to share here as many takes PDF like official stance & whatnot.
ok fair 'nuf.

maja kirkira kar diya yar... :hitwall:

Father of Mi17 pilot seems upset with Pakistan:

Name of the 6 dead (Source):

- Wg Cdr Sidharth
- co-pilot Sqn Ldr Ninad Mandavgane
- Sgt Vikrant Sehrawat
- Cpl Pankaj Kumar
- Cpl Deepak Pandey
- Cpl Vishal Kumar Pandey

Mi17 "was from 154 Helicopter Unit based at the Air Force base in Srinagar".

Is it usual for two senior pilots to be flying the same helicopter? And is it standard practice to have a pilot and co-pilot in Mi17s?
Something is not right. A Wg Cdr and Sqdn Ldr were the pilots of the Mi17?

If its an ECM or c4i platform, IFF should not ignore it. But i am aware this is not the case.

54434847_468206017048149_1731778719812419584_n.jpg

The IAF Mi-17 helicopter which went down along with two IAF Fighter Jets was most likely also a victim of PAF missile. My source tells me that if you look at the map, Budgam (village Garend Kalan) is where the helicopter fell. Budgam is 17 miles from the LOC in the western direction. On the other hand it is 75 miles from Jammu in the south. Furthermore, The rotor blades are turning at nearly the speed of sound at their tips. The radar on the attacking aircraft would have interpreted this high speed to that of a fighter. Many pilots have experienced this.
So it seems the Indian helicopter was at the wrong place at the wrong time and got struck by a missile fired from a PAF aircraft.

@Oscar @Bilal Khan 777 @Hodor @Knuckles @messiach
@Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @Khafee @messiach @The Eagle @MastanKhan

Dear Lady and gents,

I gathered that there is a long range BVRM in the works or in testing, somewhere here in this section. Sorry, can't reproduce here.

My question is whether it is possible to convert this system to ground-to-air system? SD-10A was tested for such a role a couple of years back.

If yes, then, could it also provide air defence to PNS platforms?

Pak needs to develop its own air defence systems for both short and medium ranges.

Anyhow, allow me to thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Mangus

P.S. War is very much on. India & Co. aren't content with licking wounds. Pak remains the ground zero of the Greatest Game.
If an air platform provides for identification, targetting and midcourse guidance, any longer range projectile eg AAM can be used in a ground to air role.

If its an ECM or c4i platform, IFF should not ignore it. But i am aware this is not the case.

If an air platform provides for identification, targetting and midcourse guidance, any longer range projectile eg AAM can be used in a ground to air role.

Thank you, madam!

I just wanted validation. If I understood you correctly... datalink 17/Pak AWACS can play this role.
I do understand this is too simplistic a view...but here a principle is being discussed.

I do hope that Pak comes up with localised production of such solutions.

Regards,

Mangus

yeah? what's wrong with that? choppers have their own groups and squadrons with officer titles to match.

yeah? what's wrong with that? choppers have their own groups and squadrons with officer titles to match.

That's what I thought - both a Wing Commander and a Squadron Leader on the same helicopter as pilot and co pilot - doesnt seem right.

Searched for both of their names and the only matches prior to 27/02 are from Bharat NaRakshah which show them as F(P) - flying pilot? Fighter pilot? One of them is recorded (on that site) as having died in the 27/02 crash, other one - no update.

That's what I thought - both a Wing Commander and a Squadron Leader on the same helicopter as pilot and co pilot - doesnt seem right.

Searched for both of their names and the only matches prior to 27/02 are from Bharat NaRakshah which show them as F(P) - flying pilot? Fighter pilot? One of them is recorded (on that site) as having died in the 27/02 crash, other one - no update.
Could be that they were on some sort of ew or ecm mission. just guessing

Back
Top Bottom