What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

The first priority for the Indian govt is to continue what it is doing. positive engagement and funding of several projects. The thing SL govt needs to do is reverse the opposite trend from continual denial of rights to it's 70 mil odd Tamil population and try to bring them into the mainstream. See How India deals with Kashmir vs how it did before. Engagement, economic prosperity, investment is a powerful cure to a majority of the ails.

Further to that, if SL insists on challenging India, if in spite of India trying to settle the relationship ( have a good one) - India should then treat it like CUBA. It should take back lands it offered in past treaties and impose an embargo on it. Not preferable route but if they pose a national security risk by inviting and selling off parts their sovereignty to china. Then India must do what we did to Cuba / Cuban missile crisis

Keep on dreaming.. There was no such vote and there will not be.. As I said who ever matters does not recognise false propaganda of genocide.. It you have proof other wise pls post credible sources.. If not drink some lassie and better concentrate on Bollywood.. You guys are good in believing make belief

You re right - because that vote took place and I was behind the curve on being updated . Congrats on that proud achievement below

BBC News - UN passes resolution against Sri Lanka rights record UN passes resolution against Sri Lanka rights record

The first priority for the Indian govt is to continue what it is doing. positive engagement and funding of several projects. The thing SL govt needs to do is reverse the opposite trend from continual denial of rights to it's 70 mil odd Tamil population and try to bring them into the mainstream. See How India deals with Kashmir vs how it did before. Engagement, economic prosperity, investment is a powerful cure to a majority of the ails.

Further to that, if SL insists on challenging India, if in spite of India trying to settle the relationship ( have a good one) - India should then treat it like CUBA. It should take back lands it offered in past treaties and impose an embargo on it. Not preferable route but if they pose a national security risk by inviting and selling off parts their sovereignty to china. Then India must do what we did to Cuba / Cuban missile crisis

Sorry... No NEED to think like that.... The SL'ns will not make things that worse... They hate the Tamils.... but don't think they are that averse to India... between they solved all the problems... I don't think that they will create new set of problems again!

WTH are you on about?? 70 million Tamils?? Dude the whole population of the island is 20 million.. I don't think it's worth the effort replying to you..

You re right - because that vote took place and I was behind the curve on being updated . Congrats on that proud achievement below

BBC News - UN passes resolution against Sri Lanka rights record UN passes resolution against Sri Lanka rights record

So where is the term genocide?? Or even asking for a international investigation for war crimes?? You can throw words around as much as possible but you're not going to convince anybody intelligent

I can't agree with this dude. We have close relationship with both countries, India and China. If we see an advantage as a Sri Lankan I think we should go for the best country. Matter at the moment is China is the best performer, What India and Indians have to do is try to take your country to good level. So at some point Sri Lanka will look back at India.

Sorry... No NEED to think like that.... The SL'ns will not make things that worse... They hate the Tamils.... but don't think they are that averse to India... between they solved all the problems... I don't think that they will create new set of problems again!

People of Sri Lanka does not hate Tamils.. That's a preposterous claim!! Tamils living here are Sri Lankan..More than 50% of the Tamil population lived beside their country men outside the conflict zones through the war of 30 years amicably.. They had normal lives like everybody else.. Capital Colombo is a majority Tamil city..Excelled in business, Sport and politics and continue to do so with the north and east population joining the mainstream after the end of the conflict

So where is the term genocide?? Or even asking for a international investigation for war crimes?? You can throw words around as much as possible but you're not going to convince anybody intelligent

Did you even read the first couple of paragraphs. Nvm, I know that is not your forte.
"The resolution encourages Sri Lanka to conduct an independent and credible investigation into alleged war crimes.

The Vellaya Jaffna Tamils have origins in Northern Sri Lanka for thousands of years.. There is historical evidence and are completely exclusive to the Tamils of current day TN.. So no they weren't bought in by the Dutch but are migrants and occupiers of the first wave of Chola invasions

Can you give me some credible sources? Because I haven't come upon such a theory in Sri Lankan history.

Did you even read the first couple of paragraphs. Nvm, I know that is not your forte.

It askes SRI LANKA to conduct a independent investigations to CLAIMS of ALLEGED war crimes.. So again where is the GENOCIDE that you keep harping about?? I think it's you who lack comprehension skills.. Like I said anybody can throw words around.. Does not make them look smart though

Can you give me some credible sources? Because I haven't come upon such a theory in Sri Lankan history.

No not is the Mahavamsa history.. But the factual history

I can't agree with this dude. We have close relationship with both countries, India and China. If we see an advantage as a Sri Lankan I think we should go for the best country. Matter at the moment is China is the best performer, What India and Indians have to do is try to take your country to good level. So at some point Sri Lanka will look back at India.

There is nothing for you guys to look back on India. This is not an option. There is no " best" competition, it is a strategic decision for India to make. You get plenty of funding and an open hand extended to you by India.

You can work with China... No one can stop that.... You are a sovereign country... What you should NOT do is provide a place for China to put a radar for them to monitor our military and Nuke installations!

You should NOT help any country so that with your help they can attack India as it happened in 1971.

It askes SRI LANKA to conduct a independent investigations to CLAIMS of ALLEGED war crimes.. So again where is the GENOCIDE that you keep harping about?? I think it's you who lack comprehension skills.. Like I said anybody can throw words around.. Does not make them look smart though

You asked for both war crimes and genocide. Now sure the word genocide may have not been included in the final draft but that is the issue, aint it? The entire source of the resolution bores out of the genocide charge being levied by the independent groups researching the issue. also it has its bearing from the 2011 UN panel of experts investigating the issue

http://www.un.org/News/dh/infocus/Sri_Lanka/POE_Report_Executive_Summary.pdf

You can work with China... No one can stop that.... You are a sovereign country... What you should NOT do is provide a place for China to put a radar for them to monitor our military and Nuke installations!

You should NOT help any country so that with your help they can attack India as it happened in 1971.

Nuke installations? Don't worry too much about it, actually we don't have any issue about India except one state. GOI should pack those TN politicians in a plane send them to SL to show our country. I heard currently some Indian MPs on visit but no Tamil MPs.

Back
Top Bottom