What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

Shri lankan president looks like copy of evil ravaan but without many heads.... He turned mad dog since india voted against them.... He thinks shri lanka is powerful. Well let me tell u that its india who didnt let yankees to take over this insect evil nation.... i have seen how shri lankan army raped many womens and shot them.... i heard their pain scream when they were being shot dead. Trust me this tiny insect evil nation aint got much time.... Mark my word that shri lanka is next target of yankeestan and NO we aint coming to save lankan like we did before when indian army made sure lankan military didnt take over lankan goverment....
warning by America to shri lanka....
read here what happened....
US fighter jets intrude into Lankan air space
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...into-sri-lanka-air-space-breaking-news-6.html

Mark my word after "Shri Lanka" next indiA. ;)

1. Yeah, but I meant India as a state meant country. India as a country never supported LTTE. Yes a couple of parties with vested Tamil interest might have helped them, I do not deny, however the whole of India supported Srilanka which is a sovereign state (country), and it was right to do so.

Not a neutral proof, still you could see whether it helps.

LankaWeb – World must know how India helped LTTE commit terror in Sri Lanka for 3 decades

2. I added pun inteded... it was sarcasm. About the link you have pasted I found a couple of extracts on the first page itself. Care to look at them?

Sorry about the pun...... But still I heard from first hand accounts, I would leave it there.

3. you have any link to that? Cause Indian were supplying SL army with weapons and I can provide a link for that if you wish.

Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Premadasa government support
The Indian intervention was also unpopular among the Sinhalese majority. Prime Minister Ranasinghe Premadasa during his presidential election campaign in 1988, pledged to withdraw IPKF as soon as he is elected president. After being elected, in April 1989, he started negotiations with LTTE. President Premadasa ordered Sri Lanka Army to clandestine handed over arms consignments to the LTTE to fight the IPKF and its proxy Tamil National Army (TNA). These consignments include RPG guns, motars, self-loading rifles, T81 automatic rifles, T56 automatic rifles, pistols, hand grenades, ammunition and communications sets.[60] Moreover, millions of dollars was also passed on to the LTTE.[61]

4. I have worked in infantry and trust me you could kill a person with swing like that. You know a word called hamoerage?

Not sure... Anyways he escaped that time to get killed by LTTE! A worst lesson!

As though the Americans have no other job :-) Rest the case.... No one can change the past... Let us concentrate on future!

Again.. Ceylon at that time had no obligation to accommodate those thousands of Indians pushed down their throats by the colonists.. Remember they were subjects of the British crown NOT Independent Ceylons.. They did NOT work for SL but for the crown

They lived there for centuries buddy, Won't that make that as their home land?? People from Africa were transported to the America for being sold as slaves... So can we say that the Blacks are NOT American's?? You say you have NO obligation... Does International law state that? I hope NO... You cannot change things which suits you!

But they did.. More than half of them were grated citizen ship.. Something you fail to acknowledge repeatedly.. Now they are full fledged SL citizens.. As I mentioned before the only reason other commonwealth nations didn't deport thier's were because of logistics not because they were satisfied with the status quo... Malaysia case in point.. Ceylon did not have that dilemma

I acknowledge that you granted citizenship to half of them... But why NOT to others? They also lived there for centuries! Just because you got the independence after the British left after they suffered heavily in WW-II, does that gives you rights do things which favors you? It makes me feel that an average Sinhalese cannot compete with an average Tamil! Provide me one proof where the common wealth nations can send back the other ethnics back to their home land once they get independence!

And important fact the campaign to deport Indian Tamils back was spearheaded by Ceylonese Tamils.. It had nothing to do with ethnicity.. But class and economics..So the irony

I don't understand, What is the difference between Indian Tamils and Ceylonese Tamils in your post? Kindly explain me.

I don't understand, What is the difference between Indian Tamils and Ceylonese Tamils in your post? Kindly explain me.

See this is the problem most of you does not understand and not know the indept complexities of the conflict but just goes on third party sources and generalisations..

Ceylonese(Sri Lankan) Tamils are inhabitants of the islands northern parts for over thousands of years along side the majority Sinhalese people.. They are mainly high caste vellaya and strong Saivaits.. Landlords of the Jaffna peninsular.. they consider themselves even superior to the TN Tamils, Where their dialect of Tamil language is considered to be pure

Then another large migration of Malayalees and Teligu's from the Coromandel coast were bought by the Dutch colonists in the 16th century to work in the tobacco plantations of the Wanni (Northern dry flatlands) Those people too inturn assimilated to the Tamil culture and are now considered Tamils(Mostly Christians) and Tamil Muslims in the East

The Indian or Plantation Tamils are the indentured labour bought in by the British in the 19th century to work in the tea plantations in the central highlands of Sri Lanka.. The Ceylonese Tamils never wanted these people assimilated in to the society and considered them low caste coolies not to be recognised as their brethren.. That is why the Plantation Tamils never got involved with the conflict what so ever and their political representatives always worked along side a national agenda mainstream politicians.. Unlike the northern Tamil ethnic based politics.. To this date the likes of CWC and UWC are with the government of the country.. They never got involved in seperatism

I would like to reply to this even though it was not meant to me..... :angel:

They lived there for centuries buddy, Won't that make that as their home land?? People from Africa were transported to the America for being sold as slaves... So can we say that the Blacks are NOT American's?? You say you have NO obligation... Does International law state that? I hope NO... You cannot change things which suits you!

Do the Negros claim US as their native land? Well the Sri Lankan Tamils are. We Sinhalese have no problem with Tamils live in SL. But when they demand a separate country I think we cannot tolerate it. If Tamils wants to live here peacefully they should drop their separate eelam ideology.

Historically and genetically it has proven that Sinhalese are Tamils blood brothers. We Sinhalese are ready to embrace them. But the problem is will Tamils ready to do that.

I acknowledge that you granted citizenship to half of them... But why NOT to others? They also lived there for centuries! Just because you got the independence after the British left after they suffered heavily in WW-II, does that gives you rights do things which favors you? It makes me feel that an average Sinhalese cannot compete with an average Tamil! Provide me one proof where the common wealth nations can send back the other ethnics back to their home land once they get independence!

The reason for not granting citizenship for the rest of Indian Tamils is pretty obvious. That was because the Indian Tamils population has altered the demographic balance of the central province. If SL had kept them today the Indian Tamils could have dominated the the central heartland of SL.

The Indian Tamils were brought in against the will of the people of central province. There fore we Sri Lankans had the right to send them back to their homes. The Indian Tamils had a contract with the British and post-Independence SL government had no wishes to continue the contract.

You question our right to sent Indian Tamils home. You ask to name one commonwealth nation that had sent other ethnics back to their home land once they get independence. Then I have a counter question to ask from you. Why did Indian government invade Goa and took it from Portuguese? According to you Indian government had no right to take or alter anything that was established by their former colonial masters This is only one example we can take from India.

At least be thankful that we didn't send all of them home.

No difference to Sinhalese. Only Jaffna Tamils (Vellalas) see the difference. You should ask from a Jaffna vellala what is the difference.

See this is the problem most of you does not understand and not know the indept complexities of the conflict but just goes on third party sources and generalisations..

Ceylonese(Sri Lankan) Tamils are inhabitants of the islands northern parts for over thousands of years along side the majority Sinhalese people.. They are mainly high caste vellaya and strong Saivaits.. Landlords of the Jaffna peninsular.. they consider themselves even superior to the TN Tamils, Where their dialect of Tamil language is considered to be pure

Then another large migration of Malayalees and Teligu's from the Coromandel coast were bought by the Dutch colonists in the 16th century to work in the tobacco plantations of the Wanni (Northern dry flatlands) Those people too inturn assimilated to the Tamil culture and are now considered Tamils(Mostly Christians) and Tamil Muslims in the East

The Indian or Plantation Tamils are the indentured labour bought in by the British in the 19th century to work in the tea plantations in the central highlands of Sri Lanka.. The Ceylonese Tamils never wanted these people assimilated in to the society and considered them low caste coolies not to be recognised as their brethren.. That is why the Plantation Tamils never got involved with the conflict what so ever and their political representatives always worked along side a national agenda mainstream politicians.. Unlike the northern Tamil ethnic based politics.. To this date the likes of CWC and UWC are with the government of the country.. They never got involved in seperatism

Ok, I got you!.... War is over... No point in discussing in the past.... Concentrate on future and let SL treat all citizens are equals and provide equal opportunities, No reservation plague which affected/affecting India... Let peace and economy flourish... It will better that SL disassociates itself and concentrate on its improvement alone rather than working with Pakistan or China against India.... Time will solve all sorrows...

Let SL become Singapore of South Asia!

I think it was Vellalas that were brought by the Dutch. If Tamils were native to SL and if they have lived in SL. Why not they don't have a Brahmin cast in Jaffna. The highest cast in Jaffna and in SL for Tamils is the Vellala cast.

So some internet warrior in India possibly TN knows more about the history of Sri Lanka than one of the countries top most bureaucrats and a decorated soldier ?? Sometimes the dilutions of grandeur among teenage PDF posters here is truly hilarious!!.. :lol:

actually the world knows better than some brown shirt form SL trying to rewrite history. The internet warrior did not convince the UN to slap you guys with a genocide charge.

actually the world knows better than some brown shirt form SL trying to rewrite history. The internet warrior did not convince the UN to slap you guys with a genocide charge.

Unfortunately for you the world did not.. Despite the jokers in TN going ape shyt for the world to declare it .. So it's another bitter pill for the likes of you'll to swallow..nobody important really care what the like of you think.. Not the world certainly not the Indian govt..

Btw if you make a statement make sure you post a credible source.. If not you're just another retard behind a keyboard trying to look smart

Vellalas also Indian cast. In Dutch period they use Jaffna has a hub brought some of Tamils as workers in here and also many countries around the region. That's why you find Tamils in many countries.

Unfortunately for you the world did not.. Despite the jokers in TN going ape shyt for the world to declare it .. So it's another bitter pill for the likes of you'll to swallow..nobody important really care what the like of you think.. Not the world certainly not the Indian govt..

Btw if you make a statement make sure you post a credible source.. If not you're just another retard behind a keyboard trying to look smart

There is a vote coming soon- the mere fact even such a vote is put forth does not bode well for your country or puts it in any good light.

They had tried for India many times but they never succeeded and they will never get success.You suffer for 30 years what you did in 1971. Do you really think India will welcome you after what you did in 1971? If you are think so then you are living in delusion.

I think it was Vellalas that were brought by the Dutch. If Tamils were native to SL and if they have lived in SL. Why not they don't have a Brahmin cast in Jaffna. The highest cast in Jaffna and in SL for Tamils is the Vellala cast.

The Vellaya Jaffna Tamils have origins in Northern Sri Lanka for thousands of years.. There is historical evidence and are completely exclusive to the Tamils of current day TN.. So no they weren't bought in by the Dutch but are migrants and occupiers of the first wave of Chola invasions

There is a vote coming soon- the mere fact even such a vote is put forth does not bode well for your country or puts it in any good light.

Keep on dreaming.. There was no such vote and there will not be.. As I said who ever matters does not recognise false propaganda of genocide.. It you have proof other wise pls post credible sources.. If not drink some lassie and better concentrate on Bollywood.. You guys are good in believing make belief

I would like to reply to this even though it was not meant to me..... :angel:

No Problem, Constructive discussions are always welcome, rather than trolling and chest thumping.

Do the Negros claim US as their native land? Well the Sri Lankan Tamils are. We Sinhalese have no problem with Tamils live in SL. But when they demand a separate country I think we cannot tolerate it. If Tamils wants to live here peacefully they should drop their separate eelam ideology.

It was LTTE which wanted a separate country! Not the ordinary Tamils... Still why the Tamil civilians supported LTTE? I am getting an opinion that the Sinhalese still believe that they did Nothing... still the Tamils joined LTTE and attacked SLA!

I as an Indian never wanted my country to disintegrate... I have same wish for SL as well... But I don't buy the argument that LTTE did the bloody battle out of boredom or fun! There is something wrong and SL Government side, Perfect time to correct it now!

Historically and genetically it has proven that Sinhalese are Tamils blood brothers. We Sinhalese are ready to embrace them. But the problem is will Tamils ready to do that.

They have NO choice now.... Sinhalese are the majority... So they should initiate things... If the Sinhalese treated everyone equal... then no one would have took arms... All countries does mistake... The starting point of Pakistani disintegration is the West tried to push Urdu into the Bengali east.... I am glad that India did not fall into that trap!

Sl could have kept English as the medium or made all citizens learn English, Sinagala and Tamil... Nothing wrong in learning another language... I still feel bad that I know only 2 languages! The issue arise when one tries to push something into another!

The reason for not granting citizenship for the rest of Indian Tamils is pretty obvious. That was because the Indian Tamils population has altered the demographic balance of the central province. If SL had kept them today the Indian Tamils could have dominated the the central heartland of SL.

The Indian Tamils were brought in against the will of the people of central province. There fore we Sri Lankans had the right to send them back to their homes. The Indian Tamils had a contract with the British and post-Independence SL government had no wishes to continue the contract.

Still they lived there for more than a century! They belong there!

You question our right to sent Indian Tamils home. You ask to name one commonwealth nation that had sent other ethnics back to their home land once they get independence. Then I have a counter question to ask from you. Why did Indian government invade Goa and took it from Portuguese? According to you Indian government had no right to take or alter anything that was established by their former colonial masters This is only one example we can take from India.

At least be thankful that we didn't send all of them home.

There is a difference between ethnics and colonists... India asked Pondichery from the French... The French happily agreed to give it... And I can find many Indian students learning French language and still I find many French Citizens living on Pondicherry!

So if tomorrow Indian Army occupies SL and executes all SLA.... and colonize SL... Whether SL will become a part of India and SL'ns become Indian? No RIGHT?

No difference to Sinhalese. Only Jaffna Tamils (Vellalas) see the difference. You should ask from a Jaffna vellala what is the difference.

Never met one!

Back
Top Bottom